3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   January 2014 starters! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292613-january-2014-starters.html)

FacingIt27 02-08-2014 04:45 PM

January 2014 starters!

Hi Everyone!

If you're like me you started Ideal Protein in January, some of you have already hit your one month mark! Mine is on Monday!

I just had my week 4 weigh in and I'm down 1.6 lbs this week, but 1.8 was FAT and I gained 0.2 lbs of muscle.

My total weight loss is 13.4 pounds and 10 of those lbs were ALL fat. I am anxious for more, but very happy with the progress thus far. I haven't had a huge reduction in inches, a little over 9" at this point.

Also, I have been feeling VERY hungry the past two days. After week 2, my hunger pangs had totally dissipated, and I even ended up needing to squeeze in 2 packets at the end of the day. But boy is that different now. I am STARVING as I type this! Had mango ready made drink with some ice cubes and 1 cup baby spinach for breakfast and chicken a la king with 1 cup mushrooms for lunch and I am really really hungry! Anyone else dealing with this?? Pretty sure I'm still in ketosis as my coach told me she could smell it on my breath today.

How is everyone else doing??

lisa32989 02-08-2014 04:56 PM

Hey January folks
Share in the daily chat.
That is where we build a sense of community and learn from each other.
Separate threads separate us.
New folks are always welcome to jump right in on existing threads.

mars735 02-08-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacingIt27 (Post 4939394)
Hi Everyone!

If you're like me you started Ideal Protein in January, some of you have already hit your one month mark! Mine is on Monday!

I just had my week 4 weigh in and I'm down 1.6 lbs this week, but 1.8 was FAT and I gained 0.2 lbs of muscle.

My total weight loss is 13.4 pounds and 10 of those lbs were ALL fat. I am anxious for more, but very happy with the progress thus far. I haven't had a huge reduction in inches, a little over 9" at this point.

Also, I have been feeling VERY hungry the past two days. After week 2, my hunger pangs had totally dissipated, and I even ended up needing to squeeze in 2 packets at the end of the day. But boy is that different now. I am STARVING as I type this! Had mango ready made drink with some ice cubes and 1 cup baby spinach for breakfast and chicken a la king with 1 cup mushrooms for lunch and I am really really hungry! Anyone else dealing with this?? Pretty sure I'm still in ketosis as my coach told me she could smell it on my breath today.

How is everyone else doing??

Sounds like you are doing great. :carrot: Sometimes those hunger pangs happen right before a big drop in weight or body measurements, so don't be discouraged! Make sure you are getting in all of the food & water on the P1 protocol. I dealt with hunger pangs by having a little extra chicken (boneless, skinless breast meat). I'd suggest seeing what you coach suggests. too.

FacingIt27 02-08-2014 05:18 PM

Thanks Mars! You just made me feel SO much better about the hunger! :) I hope thats what it is! I drink TONS of water, well over the 64 oz requirement, so that's nothing to worry about. :) I think I will add a little extra protein (egg whites, turkey, etc.) if worse comes to worse. Thank you!

Ruth Ann 02-08-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacingIt27 (Post 4939409)
Thanks Mars! You just made me feel SO much better about the hunger! :) I hope thats what it is! I drink TONS of water, well over the 64 oz requirement, so that's nothing to worry about. :) I think I will add a little extra protein (egg whites, turkey, etc.) if worse comes to worse. Thank you!

Try some decaf herbal tea too. Having something warm usually helps with hunger for me. And lettuce - I eat a ton of lettuce, fills you up really well.

rdorcey27 02-09-2014 12:03 AM

I started IP on January 20th. I am not event a full 3 weeks and I have lost 10 lbs.! It's pretty exciting, and seeing the weight start to come off has been a big help as well!

Hope everyone else is doing well also!

FacingIt27 02-09-2014 02:13 AM

Thanks Ruth Ann. I did end up having 2 cups of mint tea. Did the trick! Quelled the craving, freshened up my something-must-have-died-in-there breath, and gave me a teeny bit of caffeine for that mid-day burn out.

Ruth Ann 02-09-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacingIt27 (Post 4939627)
Thanks Ruth Ann. I did end up having 2 cups of mint tea. Did the trick! Quelled the craving, freshened up my something-must-have-died-in-there breath, and gave me a teeny bit of caffeine for that mid-day burn out.

Glad it worked! If you look in the tea aisle, there are tons of really good decaf herbal teas. I keep a bunch on hand for variety - can usually find something that hits the spot.

maureen kempster 02-09-2014 08:31 AM

good morning

I just made in i in time for a January start - I started January 31 - had my 2nd weigh in on Friday and am down 4.8 lbs. I'm feeling fantastic and positive on this new journey- my problem is junk food and eating in the evening when I get home from work - I'm bored - so I've picked up my wool and started an afghan - Christmas gift projects!! lol
thank you all for being here and being such a font of information, inspiration and encouragement

let's all have a great day we deserve it

IntheEvening 02-09-2014 08:48 AM

I had my third reboot and that started on Jan 11. After a month in, I'm down 15lbs. I'm full of determination and have the will power to finish IP this time. Good luck to all!

Mandy078 02-09-2014 08:58 AM

I started Jan 23rd and after 2 WIs I am down 10lbs and 20.5 inches. I love this plan! Only issue I am having is horrible heartburn for the first time in over 7 years. Is this a symptom of ketosis? Anyone else having this issue?

lisa32989 02-09-2014 09:00 AM

The best place to get your questions answered by folks who have been doing the diet Apis in the daily chat. Lots of support there.

FacingIt27 02-09-2014 11:14 AM

Mars!!! You were right!!! I was down 2 lbs this morning!!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic!! And I'm back in my old fat jeans which is an NSV I've been working on. (I had to buy new fat jeans in September, one size and two sizes up from my old ones) They weren't loose, but they weren't horribly tight! YAY!!!!!

And In The Evening, I started Jan 10, so we are just one day apart!

Sheriously 02-09-2014 05:29 PM

I'm glad you posted this! I noticed that there are sections for "maintainers" and "restarts in January" and other such groups, but I really wanted to get my foot in 3fC by meeting some January starts.

I started on January 21st and as of my weigh in for my 3rd week, I had lost 15 pounds! :carrot: I will be having my 4th weigh in on Wednesday.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses.

I have to say that I have been thinking about cake lately, and today I faced a difficult situation where I was dishing out ice cream on a yummy Costco cake for my mother's 78th birthday party...for MANY people. My mouth was watering pretty bad. But once the cake was out of my face, I was fine!!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all, and I will be sure to check in here more often now that it's started. :smug:

mars735 02-09-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacingIt27 (Post 4939817)
Mars!!! You were right!!! I was down 2 lbs this morning!!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic!! And I'm back in my old fat jeans which is an NSV I've been working on. (I had to buy new fat jeans in September, one size and two sizes up from my old ones) They weren't loose, but they weren't horribly tight! YAY!!!!!

And In The Evening, I started Jan 10, so we are just one day apart!

:bravo::cp: Way to facingIt27!!!

sweetenuf 02-09-2014 06:34 PM

Hello all other January Peeps :)

I started on January 16. My weigh ins are on Wednesdays. I have lost 16 lbs so far.

FacingIt27 02-09-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 4940006)
I'm glad you posted this! I noticed that there are sections for "maintainers" and "restarts in January" and other such groups, but I really wanted to get my foot in 3fC by meeting some January starts.

I started on January 21st and as of my weigh in for my 3rd week, I had lost 15 pounds! :carrot: I will be having my 4th weigh in on Wednesday.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses.

I have to say that I have been thinking about cake lately, and today I faced a difficult situation where I was dishing out ice cream on a yummy Costco cake for my mother's 78th birthday party...for MANY people. My mouth was watering pretty bad. But once the cake was out of my face, I was fine!!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all, and I will be sure to check in here more often now that it's started. :smug:

Thanks Sheriously! I'm glad you'll be checking in here too. I did notice there were lots of specific starters and I wanted to hear and commiserate with people at the same part of their journey, along with chime in and absorb all the wisdom of the senior IPers. Thanks for posting other January-ers! We are all AT or Nearly At 1 whole month! Congrats to all!

Staceyhay 02-10-2014 11:52 AM

I started January 20th and will be weighing in today. I am down 8.4 and hope to have a good loss today. I am having trouble with sweets. I have 5 children and they are always wanting cookies or something. I made brownies for them yesterday and did not eat any. I consider that a victory. When I think about not having had sugar or bread for 3 weeks I'm amazed that I'm still living. :) At each weigh in I have had a new resolve to do this and hopefully today I will get that same excitement.

carliemartini 02-10-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy078 (Post 4939746)
I started Jan 23rd and after 2 WIs I am down 10lbs and 20.5 inches. I love this plan! Only issue I am having is horrible heartburn for the first time in over 7 years. Is this a symptom of ketosis? Anyone else having this issue?

I know your pain!!!
I had horrible heartburn the second week while on IP. My coach gave me a bottle of Enzymes which has kept the heartburn at bay. Don't quote me but I think I read somewhere you could take sugar free TUMS to relieve the heartburn but that's something I'd check with your coach first.

Congrats on the success so far!!

I started IP January 20th. Had my 3rd week weigh in this morning and down a total of 20lbs. Only 12 more pounds until Onederland!! :carrot: I bought some IP brownies to celebrate the 25% mark.

dak1lls 02-10-2014 04:55 PM

I am not a January starter but wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome! So glad you all found this site.

As to the heartburn question: the really weird thing is that I had horrible heartburn that almost immediately ceased once I started IP. It didn't matter what I ate or how many TUMS I sucked on! I guess it goes to show we are all so different, if one person hasn't experienced something you will always find someone on this site who has.

You will find that you make many new friendships here and it is nice to find others who are starting at the same time. Read everything you can and don't just limit it to this site. There is a wealth of information online about protein sparing modified fasts, the need for taking supplements, how our bodies react to low carb diets, how many carbs a person needs, dealing with the big C, etc....on and on. Check out the recipe threads. They are inspiring and very helpful!

Check out the stickies at the top of the page in this forum and also read the first post in the Daily Chat that Lisa posts for lots of tips and info.

Good luck to everyone and happy 1 month anniversary on IP!!!!!

FacingIt27 02-16-2014 12:25 PM

Thank you dak1lls!

And good job Stacy on avoiding those brownies! I know it can be so tough.

I just got back from my first trip to Mexico that was for work, but was at an all inclusive resort. I did really well! Ate breakfast in my room each morning (mango smoothie) then meetings until lunch (IP pina colada drink) and thank goodness the food was good and buffets were full of fresh veggies and protein. Then dinner was more lettuce, oil, veggies and protein. And snack every night was the ready made chocolate pudding. I had one vodka soda with mint leaves one night ( pressured by upper management and my coach had told me I could, but I was still not planning to). And voila, home again. I wasn't able to weigh or measure and I know for certain I had more than usual oil and likely protein as well, but I didn't really sweat it. I was a little nervous to step on the scale, as I am a daily weigher, and had no idea where i would be after 5 days off the scale.
The results are in: and I have plenty to be proud of! Will have my official weigh-in tomorrow so will wait til then to post the results. But guys, I feel GREAT! I feel so much thinner, my face is looking so much better. I even converted some work people (I was thinner last year and don't see them often, but I almost look the same weight as I was then). Told them I had gained 20+ lbs last year and lost 15 in 30 days and they were shocked. One was telling the others about it, saying she was going to get on it back home and said "I'm going to be skinny like her!" It was nice to hear. :) My bikini top even fit which I was shocked to see! I didn't feel comfortable in it, but I was happy I could get it on at least!
And one more NSV- I have sluggish days on this diet and wondered how I would feel at a long sales meeting with early mornings and a lot of information. I was bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, high-energy and completely focused- EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And not a drop of caffeine. Everyone else was dragging and tired and complained of several ailments. That would normally be me too, and I just couldnt believe how great I felt.

That being said- I REALLY miss eating like a regular person, I definitely miss having a drink, and really been missing brunch. I dreamt about donuts and cupcakes last night. Hahaha!

Okay, I'm all done!

Emmcakes 02-16-2014 12:48 PM

I started my second round of IP January 6 and I have now dropped 19.6 lbs. Only 4.5 lbs to Onederland!

FacingIt27, you are truly an inspiration. Vacations are probably the hardest part of staying on plan, and you did very well (at an all-inclusive to say the least!). I have a vacation to Costa Rica coming up and I'm hoping to do as well as you did :)

tinespeens 02-16-2014 01:08 PM

It's so inspirational to read everyone's progess after just one short month. I started IP January 18th, and as of this AM i am down 16lbs. Not only do my clothes fit better, but my skin feels smoother, and last night at my aunt's house, everyone was commenting on how thin my face was looking. Very encouraging.

Originally, I set a weight goal that I wanted to get down to, but have since revised that.
Numbers have never been my strong point (failed math twice in high school hahaha) and success for me would never be enough if I was always chasing a number.
Instead, my goal is simply to feel comfortable, confident and sexy in whatever I wear (birthday suit included).
And after 16 lbs, I am way more confident, which is incentive enough to keep going. Hope the next month is just as exciting for everyone. :)

FacingIt27 02-16-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmcakes (Post 4945012)
I started my second round of IP January 6 and I have now dropped 19.6 lbs. Only 4.5 lbs to Onederland!

FacingIt27, you are truly an inspiration. Vacations are probably the hardest part of staying on plan, and you did very well (at an all-inclusive to say the least!). I have a vacation to Costa Rica coming up and I'm hoping to do as well as you did :)

Thank you so much. That really means the world that you think so. :) And congrats to you on being almost 20 lbs down already!

mars735 02-16-2014 01:24 PM

I rebooted IP in Jan so hope you don't mind me chiming in! Even though we typically have the biggest weight loss in the first couple of weeks, it's AFTER the first month that our bodies get used to ketosis and fat-burning. It still takes focus of course, but there will be more and more NSV moments even when the scale numbers aren't so dramatic. Different parts of the body will seem to suddenly shrink. You will shoot right past the too-small clothes you've been saving all this time.

Thanks to all of you for the inspiring posts!

advocatemom 02-16-2014 01:36 PM

I started Jan. 22nd and as of Week 3 WI am down 12 lbs. Looking for a good -3 for this weeks! I read the daily threads and many of the other ones too, but it would be nice to have this 'Jan' thread to show our progress every month or so. I really have been motivated by the 'Oct Starters' thread to see what a difference just 4-5 months can make!!

FacingIt27 02-16-2014 01:37 PM

wow! I'm so excited for those NSV's Mars, thanks for giving us something to look forward to!

FacingIt27 02-17-2014 11:30 AM

Hey guys! Just back from my WI. Down 3.8 lbs- ALL FAT! and 12.5 inches total. total weight loss is 17.2 lbs. And a week in Mexico! Woohoo!

maureen kempster 02-17-2014 12:07 PM

good afternoon

I started January 31 and had my 3rd weigh in on Friday - down 7.8 lbs and have lost 2" from waist and 1" from hips - not much when I see everyone else's losses but if I can keep losing at 2 lbs a week I'll be happy - I feel great and hope you don't mind my tagging along with you all on our journey
hope we all have a great day on program we're worth it

FacingIt27 03-07-2014 03:04 PM

Hi January starters! How is everyone doing? Just about finished with their second months??

I just got back from my weigh in. I'm down 23.2 lbs so far and 17 inches. Finally past the halfway mark! I am feeling great and looking like myself again. Can't wait to get the rest off! I survived two trips to Mexico at all inclusive resorts with weight loss after both trips. It was TOUGH. Work has picked up and gotten really busy and its really tough to constantly be around delicious food i can't have, and being on the road with limited options as far as prepping food. But I am persevering.

How is everyone else doing? How are y'all feeling?

Sheriously 03-07-2014 08:15 PM

Hi! Everyone is doing so well! I started Jan 13...and I was down 24 pounds at my 7 week w.i. last Wednesday. Feeling relatively "normal" again. I do think I need to lose another 25 or so...my ticker says more...but we'll see.

I switched to alternatives too, about 1 month in...so about 3 weeks now. Saves me a lot and I'm really enjoying some of them...especially the Quest bar which I always treat as restricted...LOVE that little treat!

I am sooo looking forward to this summer!! The opportunity to fit into the clothes that I normally would not even think about last summer!!! Woohoo!

Emmcakes 03-08-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 4958878)

I am sooo looking forward to this summer!! The opportunity to fit into the clothes that I normally would not even think about last summer!!! Woohoo!

I second that! Yay!

I started January 6 and I am now down 25 lbs. I entered Onederland this morning and I'm ecstatic!:D

gidgetonsweets 03-09-2014 10:24 AM

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

gidgetonsweets 03-09-2014 10:29 AM

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

Emmcakes 03-09-2014 05:42 PM

Hi Gidgetonsweets,

I find that your loss over this period of time is pretty decent. There isn't much of a difference between our losses, and I'm not sure exactly when you started in January. The use of alternatives is what helps me not focus on the cost and to simply focus on the process of becoming better. Costco has some options for alternatives and there are threads where these alternatives are discussed. For example, two months ago I bought a pack of 18 Premier Protein shakes at Costco for 19.99. Those shakes each count as two servings of IP packets, making 36 servings for only 19.99. That's only a fraction of the cost of IP. Also, if you're lucky enough to have a good insurance plan at work, some plans will allow you to claim IP on your Wellness Account/Personal Spending Account under the term "supplement".

Also, I'm not sure about this but it seems like perhaps, at your weight, you might benefit from adding another packet of IP instead of cutting your restricted. Maybe you need more, not less. I'm sure that others on this board who are/were coaches would be better able to guide you on this matter.

FacingIt27 03-21-2014 04:28 PM

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Struggles? Succeses? Where is everyone at? I am SO ready to move on from this, but I am hanging in there and staying strong. 3 lbs away from 30 lbs. Then 10 until goal, but I am wondering if I may have to push on past that. My measurements currently aren't what I want, and I'm not sure they will be in 13 lbs either. I canceled my birthday plans so I could stick to this and phase off properly. Initially I was planning to do this until my 30th birthday April 10 and then enjoy myself, but I decided to just take care of my body and do everything right and perhaps celebrate another time.

o2bslimagain 03-22-2014 06:23 AM

Hello, I started IP on December 14, 2013, everyone said I was crazy to start a diet 2 weeks before christmas, but I did it, and I didn't cheat! Now, as of March 20, 2014, I have lost 50 lbs. I still have 120lbs to go. I love IP, but need some support. I'm trying to over come being bored of eating the same foods please help.

lisa32989 03-22-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2bslimagain (Post 4968323)
Hello, I started IP on December 14, 2013, everyone said I was crazy to start a diet 2 weeks before christmas, but I did it, and I didn't cheat! Now, as of March 20, 2014, I have lost 50 lbs. I still have 120lbs to go. I love IP, but need some support. I'm trying to over come being bored of eating the same foods please help.

The first post of the daily (weekend) chat has lots of recipe links.
The daily chat and 100% threads are your spots for ongoing support from the most people. Congrats on your progress!

Ruth Ann 03-22-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2bslimagain (Post 4968323)

Congrats on -50! That is super!

To add to what Lisa said, also check out the What are You Eating Today IPeeps thread. Lots of great ideas for changing things up there!

Poosnan 04-16-2014 10:55 AM

Hey Everyone,

I am fairly new to this site, but not new to IP. I started it, for the 3rd time, Jan 11. This time feels different. My starting weight was 219 and this morning I weighed 183...36lbs gone :) I know this isnt exactly where I should be after 3 months on IP, but I struggle immensely with cheating. Im 28 years old and we in our life there is a lot of chances for "social drinking" and celebratory eating. I know I am only cheating myself, and this past month i havent cheated AT ALL! It really does get easier as I go.

My question to you wonderful ladies is, I have a Mexico trip coming up May 1 - 8. This is my reward for hitting the 30lb loss mark....but I am having crazy anxiety about gaining weight and falling "off the wagon"

Any advice from previous experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in Advance