January 2014 starters!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Hi! Everyone is doing so well! I started Jan 13...and I was down 24 pounds at my 7 week w.i. last Wednesday. Feeling relatively "normal" again. I do think I need to lose another 25 or so...my ticker says more...but we'll see.

I switched to alternatives too, about 1 month in...so about 3 weeks now. Saves me a lot and I'm really enjoying some of them...especially the Quest bar which I always treat as restricted...LOVE that little treat!

I am sooo looking forward to this summer!! The opportunity to fit into the clothes that I normally would not even think about last summer!!! Woohoo!
  • Quote:
    I am sooo looking forward to this summer!! The opportunity to fit into the clothes that I normally would not even think about last summer!!! Woohoo!
    I second that! Yay!

I started January 6 and I am now down 25 lbs. I entered Onederland this morning and I'm ecstatic!
  • Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
  • Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
  • Hi Gidgetonsweets,

I find that your loss over this period of time is pretty decent. There isn't much of a difference between our losses, and I'm not sure exactly when you started in January. The use of alternatives is what helps me not focus on the cost and to simply focus on the process of becoming better. Costco has some options for alternatives and there are threads where these alternatives are discussed. For example, two months ago I bought a pack of 18 Premier Protein shakes at Costco for 19.99. Those shakes each count as two servings of IP packets, making 36 servings for only 19.99. That's only a fraction of the cost of IP. Also, if you're lucky enough to have a good insurance plan at work, some plans will allow you to claim IP on your Wellness Account/Personal Spending Account under the term "supplement".

Also, I'm not sure about this but it seems like perhaps, at your weight, you might benefit from adding another packet of IP instead of cutting your restricted. Maybe you need more, not less. I'm sure that others on this board who are/were coaches would be better able to guide you on this matter.
  • Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Struggles? Succeses? Where is everyone at? I am SO ready to move on from this, but I am hanging in there and staying strong. 3 lbs away from 30 lbs. Then 10 until goal, but I am wondering if I may have to push on past that. My measurements currently aren't what I want, and I'm not sure they will be in 13 lbs either. I canceled my birthday plans so I could stick to this and phase off properly. Initially I was planning to do this until my 30th birthday April 10 and then enjoy myself, but I decided to just take care of my body and do everything right and perhaps celebrate another time.
  • Hello, I started IP on December 14, 2013, everyone said I was crazy to start a diet 2 weeks before christmas, but I did it, and I didn't cheat! Now, as of March 20, 2014, I have lost 50 lbs. I still have 120lbs to go. I love IP, but need some support. I'm trying to over come being bored of eating the same foods please help.
  • Quote: Hello, I started IP on December 14, 2013, everyone said I was crazy to start a diet 2 weeks before christmas, but I did it, and I didn't cheat! Now, as of March 20, 2014, I have lost 50 lbs. I still have 120lbs to go. I love IP, but need some support. I'm trying to over come being bored of eating the same foods please help.
    The first post of the daily (weekend) chat has lots of recipe links.
    The daily chat and 100% threads are your spots for ongoing support from the most people. Congrats on your progress!
  • Quote: Hello, I started IP on December 14, 2013, everyone said I was crazy to start a diet 2 weeks before christmas, but I did it, and I didn't cheat! Now, as of March 20, 2014, I have lost 50 lbs. I still have 120lbs to go. I love IP, but need some support. I'm trying to over come being bored of eating the same foods please help.
    Congrats on -50! That is super!

To add to what Lisa said, also check out the What are You Eating Today IPeeps thread. Lots of great ideas for changing things up there!
  • Hey Everyone,

I am fairly new to this site, but not new to IP. I started it, for the 3rd time, Jan 11. This time feels different. My starting weight was 219 and this morning I weighed 183...36lbs gone I know this isnt exactly where I should be after 3 months on IP, but I struggle immensely with cheating. Im 28 years old and we in our life there is a lot of chances for "social drinking" and celebratory eating. I know I am only cheating myself, and this past month i havent cheated AT ALL! It really does get easier as I go.

My question to you wonderful ladies is, I have a Mexico trip coming up May 1 - 8. This is my reward for hitting the 30lb loss mark....but I am having crazy anxiety about gaining weight and falling "off the wagon"

Any advice from previous experiences would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance
  • Update
    Good Morning All
    Im just curious where all the January starters have gone.
    I am currently down 56 lbs and my next weigh in is Wednesday (May 7). I am feeling great and I have stayed 100% the whole time.
    I did treat myself to 1 month of restricted items It was my treat fto myself for losing 50 lbs.

Would love to hear from others from January
  • HI All I started January 6th as well. I am down 14 lbs which is not a huge success it is about a .8 lbs loss a week. I know there are many factors involved but to me the loss was very slow. But I focus on the better side of things which is I look and feel so much better. I was stalled for 6 weeks and that is what caused my averages to be so low. I am getting a bit weary of the diet but I still have 19lbs to loose. I am trying to be patient lets see what happens. It might not be sustainable for another 5 months
  • I started mid January. I hit the 50lb mark on Monday. I had several slow weeks in April which slowed down my progress but at least now I'm over halfway to my goal.
  • Any January people still out there?
  • Quote: Any January people still out there?
    I am! It is 31 weeks for me today. I now weigh-in on Fridays, so it isn't official yet, but I am just 7 lbs from my first goal (179). I have decided after that to go to 159, which I am hoping might happen during the Labor Day to Thanksgiving Day challenge.