Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Greetings everyone!

Well, today I have to say goodbye to one of my favorite articles of clothing! It seems that all of my tops are becoming too big. I don't mind wearing everything a little baggy, but everything is starting to slide off of the LEFT shoulder. It would be okay if it was bigger on both sides, but to only fall of one shoulder? Well, it's better than the alternative! Anyone else have weird issues like this?

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Hey Brelo, it could very well be a posture issue! Maybe you've never noticed you tend to stand with your left side slightly slouched, or your right side more stiffly upright!
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #32  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

It has been a VERY busy Saturday - haircut, great nephews' basket ball games (they are 7 and 10), Sprouts, Walmart, King Soopers and Costco. Also went to Starbucks to pick up a gift card for my neighbor. I have never met him, but he must have gotten a snowblower for Christmas because he has been clearing everyone's walks and driveways.

Whew what a day!

But all the errands are done and I can do the chores at home.

Happy Saturday.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

My Saturday started with a swim, then some shopping because I have very few jeans that fit and am close enough to goal to feel that I will have these for a while. Then haircut. Watching Olympics and tonight going to see Her.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #34  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
CLBott,
I have been thinking about lent too, I just tried the regular crepe, and really liked it, although I had some trouble with is sticking to then pan! I used 1 table spoon of sugar free maple syrup that my coach said was okay.

Do you eat fish? I just had the grocery store steam some shrimp, and was also planning to eat some tuna.... please share your ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I had not thought of Lent! How about IP waffles, or veggie frittata?
No, sadly I can't eat anything that lives in water. The only problem I'm running across will be dinner. The other meals and snacks are easy to work around. I need an animal protein substitute. I think I saw a vegetarian thread. I think I'll check that out for ideas.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #35  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I feel like I need to step in to a confessional. I know it's not a huge deal, but I did a little cheat today and I feel so guilty and yucky about it. I was at my daughter's volleyball tournament and ate 2 grapes (I know...that's nothing) but then they passed out the most amazing cupcakes from the best bakery in town to all the girls. It smelled SO good...and I took a tiny bite of the thick, rich, fudge frosting. I know I shouldn't have...immediately I said, well that was dumb. I didn't eat any more than that, but it was enough to make me regret it and feel so bad that I "cheated". Ugh!!! It honestly is the first cheat I've done in over 6 weeks of being on IP. Not going to beat myself up about it, just bummed.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jendilly, so you slipped, pick your self up by the boot straps and move on. Learn from the experience, remember that feeling of being guilty and bummed and use that to keep you on your path.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #37  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I feel like I need to step in to a confessional. I know it's not a huge deal, but I did a little cheat today and I feel so guilty and yucky about it. I was at my daughter's volleyball tournament and ate 2 grapes (I know...that's nothing) but then they passed out the most amazing cupcakes from the best bakery in town to all the girls. It smelled SO good...and I took a tiny bite of the thick, rich, fudge frosting. I know I shouldn't have...immediately I said, well that was dumb. I didn't eat any more than that, but it was enough to make me regret it and feel so bad that I "cheated". Ugh!!! It honestly is the first cheat I've done in over 6 weeks of being on IP. Not going to beat myself up about it, just bummed.
If that were the worst thing i ever did on P1....I once ate an entire cupcake--the smell that you described. It sounds like you were caught off guard. You truly did GREAT not eating the whole thing. Now you're OP again and it's in the past.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #38  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, appreciate the support. The cupcake was so rich that my 10 year old couldn't even finish it (and it's rare for her to turn down sweets), so she threw it away when we got home. I had to smell it in the car all the way home. In the past, when she didn't want it, I would've finished it for her in a heartbeat. So, there is that small victory!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! Hope the winter isn't taking too much out of you. I'm over the cold.
Finished my 3rd week of IP, and down 13lbs! I'm on my TOM so the scale hasn't moved in a few days. Trying to drink lots of water, but I still feel super bloated. Blahh.
Quick question: how important are the supplements we're supposed to take? I only ask because I am terrible at remembering to take them. Some days I forget to take any, while other days I only remember to take some of them.
I hope it isn't slowing my progress.
Hope the rest of your weekend is great.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

I have a question about the omega 3's. My center gave me a bottle of them along with other supplements in the initial sign up. I have been on IP for three weeks and my bottle is gone. The question is are we really supposed to take 3 a day? My program is 1 at lunch and 2 with dinner, but on the bottle it says the dose is 2 per day. What are you all taking?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #41  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinespeens View Post
Quick question: how important are the supplements we're supposed to take? I only ask because I am terrible at remembering to take them. Some days I forget to take any, while other days I only remember to take some of them.
I hope it isn't slowing my progress.
It's not so much that the supplements will impact your progress, it's that they have included them to help replace nutrients we are missing from food. Sometimes they just make you feel better. I bought a pill container, 7 days per week with AM and PM containers. I can take an individual day's container out and put in my purse or food container. Plus, I only have to fill it once a week. Less elegant solution is just get a sandwich bag, put the day's pills in there and keep it with your packets. When you pull a packet it will remind you if you need to take something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I have a question about the omega 3's. My center gave me a bottle of them along with other supplements in the initial sign up. I have been on IP for three weeks and my bottle is gone. The question is are we really supposed to take 3 a day? My program is 1 at lunch and 2 with dinner, but on the bottle it says the dose is 2 per day. What are you all taking?
My coach said they changed the formula of the Omega 3's but have not yet changed the Phase 1 write-up. It is now 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner, which matches the two spaces in the journal.
I also noticed the enzymes and anti-oxy bottle labels don't match the diary. Are you taking either of these optional ones?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

My coach said they changed the formula of the Omega 3's but have not yet changed the Phase 1 write-up. It is now 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner, which matches the two spaces in the journal.
I also noticed the enzymes and anti-oxy bottle labels don't match the diary. Are you taking either of these optional ones?[/QUOTE]

I am not taking the enzymes or anti-oxy. Are they crucial?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #43  

Height: 5'4"

StacyHay,
The enzymes and anti-oxy are optional not crucial.
I did not take the anti-oxy the first time around and only ended up using the enzymes after I had been on p1 for quite a few months. My coach indicated that these are suggested for people who complained of digestion problems prior to starting IP (at least I think that's what I heard).
Old 02-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Whoops, posted in the wrong forum!

Last edited by kabaker; 02-09-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I was wondering the same exact thing! Also, i picked up a whole new batch of vitamins today and the Omega 3's are new. Different packaging, different color, and WAY stronger fish smell. The ones i had before were yellow gel-like. These are dark blue or black.
Closed Thread