3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   trouble with phase 2/3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292520-trouble-phase-2-3-a.html)

tlynne88 02-05-2014 08:54 PM

trouble with phase 2/3

My coach and I decided after loosing a total of 85lbs (60 on my own and the last 25 with IP) my weight has remained right around 165lbs for about 6 wks and it would be best to start phasing off IP. It is thought that my body needs a little break for dieting, which I agree. Im 25 yo female and its been a challenging path. Im not at exact goal and would eventually like to loose 10 more lbs but I feel this is best choice. I made it through first week of phase two and my coach said do 10 days phase 2 then move to 3. My issue is looking over all the paperwork phase 3 is ALOT of food. Before this diet I was eatting protein bars and shakes and a good dinner. I probably will go back to a similar lifestyle of shakes bars and whole proteins and veggies with minimal carbs. Just wondering if phase three I could substitute the large lunch for a shake or bar instead. I guess my issue is, in a typical day off IP I would probably only still be consuming around 1000 calories. I typically would have shake bar or yogurt for breakfasts and lunch and a protein and veggie dinner. Any input would be helpful as im scared to gain any weight back that ive worked so hard to loose! Thanks in advance :) s

Ruth Ann 02-05-2014 09:01 PM

tlynne - many people continue to lose during P2/3. The idea is to introduce more "real" food and wake up your pancreas. I think you should phase off the way it is set up (my opinion).

Depending on your height and activity level, 1000 calories a day may be way too low for you to be able to get adequate nutrition once you phase off. You might try talking to a nutritionist and try to set up a plan you can follow.

JLUS 02-05-2014 09:36 PM

Your worry of weight gain is common, but setting your daily caloric intake too low is not a healthy way to address it. It sounds like you may be planning your 'maintenance' as if you are still in weight loss mode. You have spent quite some time working to lose weight, but now you need to make a healthy shift to an appropriate maintenance plan.

I agree working with a nutritionist is a great idea!

tlynne88 02-05-2014 10:51 PM

Thank you both so much for the input. And I agree about the nutritionist! On the lookout for one now :)

Hawaii69 02-06-2014 07:32 PM

I phased off for a holiday and followed exact what the plan suggested. I have to admit I found phase 3 scary because the breakfast seemed so big but I went ahead and ate it. I ended up losing on phase 3 and my body adjusted to the size of breakfast. I actually looked forward to it. They do suggest on maintenance that we eat a bigger breakfast so it helped me realize that this works! We just have to follow the program.

WillowVee 02-06-2014 09:46 PM

I lost during phase 3 as well and continue to have a phase 3 breakfast. The nice hit of protein really helps get me through the morning. Now on maintenance, I track my food and activity through fatsecret (iPad app). Tracking really helped me to see that I could eat all that food and still be in a good maintaining zone. It just takes awhile to get used to.

tlynne88 02-07-2014 08:52 PM

Thank you for the input. Very helpful! Anyone know what the total calories..fat..carbs etc youve been eating while on phase 3? Just very curious the numbers and awesome your still loosing! Thanks :)