Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #526  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
slipfree I'm going to give maintenance a go for a while and see what happens. I've done one week so far and didn't gain. I didn't do a no-rules day yet per se but I had a rules-lite dinner (w drinks) and did a phase 2 day the day after...no gain. We will see
Hooray for not gaining! I think you are going to do great in maintenance - you've done great so far so no reason to think you won't continue your greatness!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #527  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Wonderful first day in Maui! Had an extra packet and maybe a little extra protein at the Luau but pretty good considering... What a wonderful, beautiful place this is!!
Truly inspiring! Thanks for sharing your photos, and enjoy your trip
Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #528  

Two full weeks of being 100% OP -I am thrilled!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #529  

Height: 5 '6

thank you EVERYONE for your kind comments! It was very nice to read!!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #530  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

You look fantastic! Congratulations!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #531  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
You look fantastic! Congratulations!
Back atcha Annik!! 3FC's is a wonderful place for support... excellent comments today.. very insightful!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #532  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
That is fantastic!! Keep up the good work
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #533  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
WTG TurtleMom! Doesn't it feel good!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #534  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default PLUS ladies....

Great Pics and progress ...!!

Salutes to Hiker and Annik!! You BOTH look MAHVELOUS!!!

Thanks for sharing!! We all love the positives.....You are both real PLUS ladies...and I mean that in a very GOOOD WAY!!

Last edited by 65X65; 03-16-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #535  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Annik! your pictures are fabulous. What great progress you've made. Congratulations!

Quote:
Woohoo! Good for you TurtleMom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray for not gaining! I think you are going to do great in maintenance - you've done great so far so no reason to think you won't continue your greatness!
Thanks Ruth Ann. I appreciate your confidence in me. I use the positive vibes from the boards when I'm feeling not so confident on my own and it's a great help

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
Great NSV for me today - a client I hadn't seen in 6 months came in and said "where'd the other third of you go?" Just tickled me!
That's so fun! Congrats Maureen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Wonderful first day in Maui! Had an extra packet and maybe a little extra protein at the Luau but pretty good considering... What a wonderful, beautiful place this is!!
Beautiful pictures Hiker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

vachinnyc
, Is that NYC, my mother country? Yes, it's very possible to keep it off. You're right, the beginning of maintenance is scary. But you'll get the hang of it. Each of us is so different, so we each have to find our own way and figure our own limits. You'll do it! You've done great so far!
Hi Joysh. Thank you and indeed it is. I grew up and went to college in virginia, moved to and lived in Chicago after grad school, then lived in Manhattan for about 8 years. I moved back to Virginia for some family issues over the last couple of years...but hope to move back to nyc this summer. I love it! So much energy.

So many good convos all over the board yesterday. It's so true that the scale represents something different for all of us. In the beginning, I did need the assurances to keep it in perspective. Once I trusted IP, it became another tool for me to stay accountable. As others have mentioned, I think when I ignored the scale entirely, I was in denial about the weight creeping up. Now, it's my morning ritual. some days I have to remind myself not to overreact, but in general, hopping on every day is me taking accountability for how I'm eating and maintaining my health. Like most on the boards, I am so grateful that I found IP and this community...I know I've learned far more than 'just' how to lose weight though that's pretty awesome too.

Happy Sunday all! Can't believe it but we're prepping for another snowstorm!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #536  
Started IP Feb. '04

S/C/G: 316.8/303.8/180

Height: 5'6''

I have just started my fourth week. I love getting on here and seeing everyone's success. I have lost 13 lbs so far and am only 3.8 away from going under the 300 lb. mark. Looking forward to another weigh in wednesday and to seeing more success stories from my fellow journey members!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #537  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
I have just started my fourth week. I love getting on here and seeing everyone's success. I have lost 13 lbs so far and am only 3.8 away from going under the 300 lb. mark. Looking forward to another weigh in wednesday and to seeing more success stories from my fellow journey members!!!!
Go you! I love reading about successes as well -just more proof that I am on the right track
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #538  

Quote:
Old 03-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Although I know that what I am about to say is entirely MY experience and opinion, I want to post my feelings about being 100%IP.

I have been doing IP for a while now and while I am extremely happy about my progress, I have had challenges going off IP at two points, one big time, one still struggling with.

To put in my two cents if this can help anyone - going off IP and not being 100% IP is not worth it! Both times, I have thought I had great reasons for fudging the program just a bit because I knew I could go back sooo easily.

WRONG. Once no longer 100%, it is easy to just keep sliding down a slippery slope. The mind and body both want to keep going that way and hard earned progress halts and starts to reverse.

Every day, I was back to the promise "today, I will start again", the same sort of refrain I had for years every morning I woke hoping and hoping that I could some how successfully tackle my weight. Twenty five years of that.

Today, I am struggling to make my second day of 100% and kick my body back where is so comfortably was. So if you are someone who is wavering, thinking of a special reason or occasion that might lead you to think about going off for just one night or whatever, please think twice. Figure out a way to plan around that special occasion and stay on the program, please.

Yes, you might have lost weight doing it. But I see all the people who started IP with me and only a few are still here. There are some who can probably succeed with daily or occasional slips, but for many, it is so hard to get back and keep going.

I know that it is very possible to stay 100% on this program - the people who succeed at that are the ones you see on this site all the time, providing support to others. My life and that of my daughter and her husband (65 and 85 pounds off) have changed and life is so much better.

Yes, this is my opinion and my bias but it means enough to me to post this knowing that others do not share my belief. Yet I see people struggling with what to do, is a 'cheat day' OK, etc. Stay the course if you possibly can so that you do not have the tough challenge of trying to get back on board!

Last edited by schenectady; 03-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #540  

I was expecting my body to change by doing IP. I am finding that it is not just my physical form that is changing, but my brain seems to be changing as well. It is as though changing the way I eat is changing my thought processes. During my previous weight loss journeys, once I got to the point that my DH would notice changes in my body, I would freak out and sabotage my efforts and the weight loss would stop.

This time around when DH mentioned that IP was obviously working for me, I wasn't even TEMPTED to go off plan! I just felt happy & motivated to keep on at 100%

It just amazes me. Just a year and a half ago, I was a puddle in my dr's office. Riddled with pain from fibro & a complete mental mess, my doc suggested I start taking anti-depressants to help control the pain and to get my brain in a better place. That was an all-time low for me. Fast forward to now and I am pleased to find that I am able to manage the pain mostly with exercise and some OTC pain releivers. I feel annoyingly happy all the time, and even better I am feeling confident and at peace with myself. Has anyone else noticed a change in outlook? It is like my body is rewarding me for finally taking care of myself.

I realize I won't always feel like this during Phase 1, so I am starting a collection of notes to myself to read when things get tough. I am calling it my Portable Pep Talk
Closed Thread