Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I can relate to so many of the posts today - so many heartfelt sentiments. I have realized through this journey that I am not alone in my feelings and my struggles to stay 100% is a shared struggle.

Every day I chose to stay OP is a victory for me - it would have been so easy to use events in my life as an excuse to go off plan, just like it was easy to excuse my eating before starting IP. I am learning to change my relationship with food and how I deal with hard times - not eating my feelings is so new for me and it takes practice.

So thanks to everyone for sharing so much and being here - having people who understand the changes needed and how to make them make these days so much brighter for me!
I agree! There have been many times that I 'needed' a glass of wine but didn't have it because I wanted to stay OP 100%! And it was tough believe me! But, am so glad that I decided that this was the way I chose to do this plan. Its definately worked great for me and I appreciate all the good advice from everyone!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Dak, I completely understand your perspective. I have been very lucky on this site in that I have felt very supported in my quest to live at 100%(especially by the Oct. Newbies.) As much as this is a public support site, I think our journeys are very personal. How somebody else is living the IP journey, is up to them. They are adults, they know the protocol and however they are doing it- most are improving their health. I do not feel the need to have a black or white label. I do agree that we should all act with kind intention, no matter what. As much as I need the support that I get on this site, at the end of the day- this journey is all about ME.

Your journey has motivated me since the beginning. I admire that you have shared your heartbreaking personal experiences while on Phase 1. Also your honesty about maintenance has always seemed so humble. I think that tough love can be touchy, because sometimes people just stop coming to the site.

For me, so far, the plan has just clicked for me. This past month has been difficult because I have slowed way down in weight loss. So, I have adjusted my IP choices, am trying to switch things up with my vegetables and analyzed everything for hidden carbs. Using food to deal with my scale frustration seems crazy to me, it would just lead me back to invisibility and that is not an option.

I think the tough part of this conflict is that it started on the 90% thread. A place created to help them on their journey.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #123  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Dak, I completely understand your perspective. I have been very lucky on this site in that I have felt very supported in my quest to live at 100%(especially by the Oct. Newbies.) As much as this is a public support site, I think our journeys are very personal. How somebody else is living the IP journey, is up to them. They are adults, they know the protocol and however they are doing it- most are improving their health. I do not feel the need to have a black or white label. I do agree that we should all act with kind intention, no matter what. As much as I need the support that I get on this site, at the end of the day- this journey is all about ME.

Your journey has motivated me since the beginning. I admire that you have shared your heartbreaking personal experiences while on Phase 1. Also your honesty about maintenance has always seemed so humble. I think that tough love can be touchy, because sometimes people just stop coming to the site.

For me, so far, the plan has just clicked for me. This past month has been difficult because I have slowed way down in weight loss. So, I have adjusted my IP choices, am trying to switch things up with my vegetables and analyzed everything for hidden carbs. Using food to deal with my scale frustration seems crazy to me, it would just lead me back to invisibility and that is not an option.

I think the tough part of this conflict is that it started on the 90% thread. A place created to help them on their journey.
Thank you so much for your post and thoughtful way of looking at things. It is definitely important that we all have a kind and supportive environment and you are so right that this helps us on our journey.

It is definitely a very sensitive topic for all of us! Tomorrow is another day.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #124  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Thank you so much for your post and thoughtful way of looking at things. It is definitely important that we all have a kind and supportive environment and you are so right that this helps us on our journey.

It is definitely a very sensitive topic for all of us! Tomorrow is another day.
Dak, you always sum things up so nicely!

My motivational level for work is very low this week for some reason - I think the weather has something to do with it. I am so ready for Spring! I think not sleeping terribly well has a hand in it too. Oh well, Spring will be here soon enough - time always goes by!

Have a good morning everyone!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #125  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Dak, you always sum things up so nicely!

My motivational level for work is very low this week for some reason - I think the weather has something to do with it. I am so ready for Spring! I think not sleeping terribly well has a hand in it too. Oh well, Spring will be here soon enough - time always goes by!

Have a good morning everyone!
Yes, I think most of us are suffering from Winter fatigue! It is supposed to be 40 degrees today. That is above zero! Yay!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #126  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Since my Adkins bar issue yesterday i didn't get to make my stuffed peppers last night and I was very much looking forward to it. Today is a new day and it's on plan for dinner tonight. Super excited and so is DH who is having a serving as well. He is getting closer and closer to saying yes to being OP with me. *he's afraid of the veggie quantity* but little does he know I have been hiding shredded zucchini in everything for the last few weeks and he has no idea.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #127  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Since my Adkins bar issue yesterday i didn't get to make my stuffed peppers last night and I was very much looking forward to it. Today is a new day and it's on plan for dinner tonight. Super excited and so is DH who is having a serving as well. He is getting closer and closer to saying yes to being OP with me. *he's afraid of the veggie quantity* but little does he know I have been hiding shredded zucchini in everything for the last few weeks and he has no idea.
My DH doesn't generally know what I put in things. After I find out if he likes it I tell him, "by the way it has ______".

I love stuffed peppers and usually add cauli "rice" to mine. I don't remember if you posted a recipe, but you should try that if you haven't already. It is yummy.

I made a nice chuck roast with cabbage, onion, and mushrooms on Sunday. I wasn't feeling well so it is in the fridge. I think I will reheat that for dinner tonight. That will be an easy way to cook tonight!

Ruth Ann: I have to tell you that I really enjoy all your posts. You inspire me to keep at it and I just love seeing things through your eyes. Thanks for being so awesome!

65: I hope things warm up for you back East. I really miss the East coast. Some day I hope to take my DH back to NH so he can see some of the places where I grew up. I still have family there. I miss the ocean and the history of the area. I don't miss the winters! But, what am I saying?! Winters in ND aren't the best either. ha ha.

Tiger, btw...don't ever eat Fiber One bars if Atkins bars bother you. They will kill you! Before IP I made the mistake of having two in one day. I ate one for breakfast and another for lunch and thought I would die from the gas pains! Needless to say, it was awkward as well. (I know they aren't OP, but just a warning for when you are in maintenance!)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #128  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Aw, thanks Dak!

I too love stuffed peppers. Hmm... wonder if the resident chef is feeling like cooking today.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Aw, thanks Dak!

I too love stuffed peppers. Hmm... wonder if the resident chef is feeling like cooking today.
If he is... Can you send him MY way?? 🍲
Old 02-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I would love to have your recipe for the stuffed peppers! They sound great. Quick question how do you add shredded zucchini to everything. I need help with this. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #131  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
If he is... Can you send him MY way?? 🍲
LOL Jlus - he gets pretty creative sometimes! It's kind of nice having someone else doing the cooking sometimes and he's a genius with spices. Think I'll keep him.

Unfortunately, he had already blanched asparagus and set up my asparagus and mushroom omelet before I made the request but promised to do stuffed peppers soon.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #132  
Carb Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I would love to have your recipe for the stuffed peppers! They sound great. Quick question how do you add shredded zucchini to everything. I need help with this. Thanks.
For my husband who hates all things green, I peal them and then shread them on a super fine grate almost makes them into a pulp. They go into every sauce, gravy, bread, cookie i make him.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Its another week and another 2 lbs gone! Yayy! Getting close to my goal and I can't believe how fast its been! It takes awhile for the brain to catch up where you are. I try on clothes that I think will fit and they are too big! I put on a skirt that I couldn't wear because it was so tight, now its just about falling off. I'm sure you can all relate, but each of us goes through it and its exciting. I honestly couldn't believe that skirt, I had to show my husband, I kept saying 'Can you believe this?'. Anyway, thats my thought for the day. The sun is shining after a day of snow so I am taking the sunshine in and enjoying it. Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #134  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Congrats Hawaii! Aren't too big clothes just a thrill?? I still have fun with that even though my sizes aren't dropping quite as fast as they were.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #135  
Carb Addict

I have awesome co workers. I ran upstairs to where everyone is at ( my office is downstairs) and i saw pizza. I said who ordered it... the lady who ordered said " i didn't tell you so you wouldn't have been tempted" awesome people I work with.
Closed Thread