Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #61  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - you have such a great attitude and I learn so much about acceptance from you. Thank you!

I just moved from "obese" to "overweight" on the BMI charts - which is great but all the ones I looked at show I need to be about 135 lbs to get into "normal". I try not to focus on those numbers and keep doing what I'm doing.

After being heavy for the majority of my adult life (I think the last time I weighed less than 150 was when I was in the military), I'm trying hard to pay attention to how I feel rather than focusing on numbers. PT is really helping my strength and reducing the pain and I am starting to be able to do some more aggressive exercises (actually used 5 lbs weights for an exercise last week!).

I really hope you are able to pinpoint where the problem is - frustrating to be doing everything right and still be having issues. But I have no doubt you'll get to where you want to be, if anyone can do it you can!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Agreement on the contributions here from Lisa. And her willingness to share the hard stuff. Her personal journey has been very difficult, but her willingness to keep looking is an inspiration and a lesson for everyone else.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #63  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I am grateful for all three of you -- 65, RuthAnn, and Lisa. You've all been so open about the ups and downs and the hard truths.
Every time I get super frustrated with the diet, or the 'why me' or the scale... I think ....what would 65/RuthAnn/Lisa say?
Usually my brain says they'd say to quit over-thinking things, trust the diet, follow the sheets, plan ahead and keep moving forward. And that's what I try to do.
Thank you all...and others who share so much. Some days I need reminding that I am not alone in my struggle.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I am grateful for all three of you -- 65, RuthAnn, and Lisa. You've all been so open about the ups and downs and the hard truths.
Every time I get super frustrated with the diet, or the 'why me' or the scale... I think ....what would 65/RuthAnn/Lisa say?
Usually my brain says they'd say to quit over-thinking things, trust the diet, follow the sheets, plan ahead and keep moving forward. And that's what I try to do.
Thank you all...and others who share so much. Some days I need reminding that I am not alone in my struggle.
And your participation (yours AND everyone's) reminds us all..it's not easy...

No two journeys are exactly the same...and there is always someone else feeling just how YOU feel at any point along the way!

Last edited by 65X65; 02-08-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

65, you are exactly right. It is very comforting to know that someone else is experiencing the same joys and struggles and that you are not alone. This path would feel very lonely without all of you.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #66  

I know if I felt alone I'd have quit by now. Instead, I've gotten a taste of learning to maintain. If my doc says my body needs a longer p1 break, I'll have to accept that and accept the weight where I am right now.

My word now is acceptance. In yoga class today we had to find an intention for our practice. I had already come in with acceptance on my mind so I put it in my practice. Glad I did! Some of today's moves were pretty intimidating but 6 months ago would have been overwhelming and I'd have left in tears. Accepting the changes today.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I know if I felt alone I'd have quit by now. Instead, I've gotten a taste of learning to maintain. If my doc says my body needs a longer p1 break, I'll have to accept that and accept the weight where I am right now.

My word now is acceptance. In yoga class today we had to find an intention for our practice. I had already come in with acceptance on my mind so I put it in my practice. Glad I did! Some of today's moves were pretty intimidating but 6 months ago would have been overwhelming and I'd have left in tears. Accepting the changes today.
Often we don't need talked off the proverbial ledge. Not what this is often about. Sometimes we just want/need someone to sit there with us for a while....
Old 02-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #68  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - you are an amazing woman! It's rare that you find someone who accepts what is with such grace. You've helped and motivated so many here, I'm so glad that you find strength in other posters to help you.

I'm hoping for the best for you - that whatever is going on turns out to be easy to fix and you continue down the road to lifelong wellness.

Remember, we're all rooting for you!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Often we don't need talked off the proverbial ledge. Not what this is often about. Sometimes we just want/need someone to sit there with us for a while....
Amen to that 65X65!

I want to play devils advocate about rebounding or gaining back. So many times I have said that I won't go back, but I have. My first round of IP in 2011, I swore (spent lots of $$) I wouldn't put it back on, but I did. I just want those who are losing to know, the hardest part is "maintaining', it is not a given, it is on-going. I am not saying this to be negative, just a reality check that at the end of losing, it is the beginning of maintaining, which is a "lifetime" commitment. Stay strong, move forward & come here often for strength.

Last edited by Bellamack; 02-08-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Amen to that 65X65!

I want to play devils advocate about rebounding or gaining back. So many times I have said that I won't go back, but I have. My first round of IP in 2011, I swore (spent lots of $$) I wouldn't put it back on, but I did. I just want those who are losing to know, the hardest part is "maintaining', it is not a given, it is on-going. I am not saying this to be negative, just a reality check that at the end of losing, it is the beginning of maintaining, which is a "lifetime" commitment. Stay strong, move forward & come here often for strength.
I agree! Today we went to a restaurant where I didn't think I could order anything but did manage to get a grilled piece of chicken and garden salad. But, I was sitting there thinking, whether I'm losing or maintaining, I'm going to be making decisions like this for life, most of the time. I'm working on getting into the maintenance mind set. Its not going to be easy but when you read of others success and determination, struggles, it does help to keep going!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Bellamack, after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, I know that you are right! Thankfully I have the added incentive of maintaining because my niece is getting married in 1.5 years. There is no way that I am going to be fat in those family pictures! Lots of time to work maintenance once I reach goal.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

I have hesitated to post in this group because I wanted to be sure I could follow the diet for real-- almost 3 weeks and no cheats-- so I feel worthy! Thanks to you all for sharing-- your success (although at times I think you may forget how successful you are!) is very motivating.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
When we get to goal, we all need to remember: Now starts the hard part.
It is SOOO easy to go back to old ways & to "lighten up" on planning and decision making when no longer on a strict plan. And that is how the weight comes back on. I've been following the maintenance thread for at least a year. Want to learn from the maintainers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
I have hesitated to post in this group because I wanted to be sure I could follow the diet for real-- almost 3 weeks and no cheats-- so I feel worthy! Thanks to you all for sharing-- your success (although at times I think you may forget how successful you are!) is very motivating.
I completely understand. I didn't allow myself to post here for a month b/c I didn't trust myself to stay OP. Congrats on your 3 weeks. Definitely worthy!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #74  

The biggest reason I like this thread is because it is a place I can come and NOT hear about cheats of any kind. If people have struggled, they share in other threads. This one is all-OP-all-the-time. It is a place I don't have to hear about off-plan eating/drinking.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #75  

Height: 5 '6

I have a card party tonight... lots of eating appies between games. I'll bring a perrier water and a choc shake. I'll enjoy a decaf mocha and of course I offered to bring a vegi platter! Should be fun and as always... focus on the visiting and fun instead of the food!

I'm learning!!
Closed Thread