Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #76  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Bellamack Thank you for the reminder that this is only the beginning and there's more hard work ahead. Fortunately, I think I'm getting the tools to be able to maintain right now.

IPMaryD Welcome and congrats on staying 100%!

Lisa I'm with you - I know how to cheat, I want to learn how to NOT cheat. This thread is like my "safety zone" where everyone is really committed to staying 100%.

Hiker enjoy the party! You're doing great!

Booked a hotel at the beach for our upcoming anniversary the end of this month. Too cold to be out on the beach much but I need something really pretty for one night and some "anniversary wear." Off shopping next weekend!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #77  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quiet in here today.

Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow - weather people said it would be warming up this afternoon and changing to rain but I don't see that happening yet.

I really wish MFP had a way to let you print out a full week's menu. I like to log a week in advance and it sure would be able to print them out on one sheet rather than day by day. Oh well.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #78  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

We got about 3 inches of snow last night (I think I'm near you, though). It's been melting off through the day, with about an inch or so left. The roads are all bare and wet.

I've had the Olympics on all day (sure missing football and our SEAHAWKS!!) and have had a very quiet house. Kids all out playing with friends, husband just now getting home from a youth group winter retreat. I haven't even figured out dinner yet.

I've drank several cups of decaf herbal tea today, trying to stay warm. My earlier cravings for chocolate have totally subsided. Need to plan out my meals for the week and make my grocery list for tomorrow.

I love experimenting with the packets and want to try to bake a few new things this week. When it's cold and snowy, I get in the mood to bake sweet things...why not make them IP things that are totally on plan? I'm finding that when I see a recipe I want to try, I don't have that packet here of course, so I may make a recipe list and then get those packets this week. Just hard to find something that sounds so good, and then realize you can't make it until your next appt on Thursday. Can't just run to the store for it.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

No snow but very cold here! Wondering if that's why I've been feeling hungry. Drinking a huge cup of herb tea, seems to help! And helps to keep me warm! Lol
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #80  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I've managed to build up quite a variety of packets in the last few months, so I can usually find one that will work. I'm trying to eat down my inventory right now - bet my coach will be happy when I go back to buying more packets! Actually, she is awesome and totally understands.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #81  
Started IP 12/26/13

How have you built up the inventory? I mean, did you buy a bunch to stock up, or what? My old coach let me buy individual packets, so I basically got 21 packets each week. Then, she would throw a few "extras" in there as freebies when she wanted me to try something. So, I have about 4 or 5 extras. Now, the coach I have isn't too thrilled on the individual packets and I think I'll end up buying boxes. She says she may still be okay with it, but I doubt it'll last long. I thought about buying 6 boxes (if I have to go that route) so that I don't just have the same 3 things to eat all week long. So, buy 2 weeks at a time.

I just sometimes want one of the chocolate recipes that calls for the chocolate drink. I haven't bought those yet...and I don't want to buy 7 of them. I suppose if I do get a box, then I'll just have them for future baking times. Part of me wants to just go buy a box of everything that I like, then I'll have a stocked IP pantry with tons of options. I just don't think the bank account will appreciate that. Maybe when the tax refund comes.

Sorry to ramble...just trying to figure out the best way to go about this, if indeed I have to go to buying full boxes. Maybe I'll gradually build it up.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #82  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I actually just bought 2 or 3 extra packets a week for a long time so I would be able to switch things up if I wanted and also for my "stashes." I keep extra packets in my purse, in my work bag, in my car, in dh's car, etc. so I'm never caught without.

I've also bought extras from people here - either they ended up with stuff they didn't like, people who have quit IP for one reason or another, etc. Just picking up a few extra packets here and there. I now have my own shelf in the pantry and organized in bread baskets. I wish I had as much organization in other parts in my life as I do with my IP food!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #83  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I actually just bought 2 or 3 extra packets a week for a long time so I would be able to switch things up if I wanted and also for my "stashes." I keep extra packets in my purse, in my work bag, in my car, in dh's car, etc. so I'm never caught without.

I've also bought extras from people here - either they ended up with stuff they didn't like, people who have quit IP for one reason or another, etc. Just picking up a few extra packets here and there. I now have my own shelf in the pantry and organized in bread baskets. I wish I had as much organization in other parts in my life as I do with my IP food!
I'm in the same boat. I bought some stuff from a lady going off IP and then I bought large amounts from my coach when I first started so I would have a variety (my coach lets me buy individual packets) now I have some soup etc.. that I just don't eat and considering the expense, I really have to start eating some of my inventory down or I'll be stuck eating the less desirable packets for a solid month straight! I'd better start a plan to consume these packets before I get too close to phasing out.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #84  
Started IP 04/22/2013

You know, I think there was a packet exchange thread at one time - might work to trade out some stuff you don't like for stuff you do if your clinic won't take things back.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #85  
Started IP 12/26/13

Thanks for the info. I'll try to start building up as I go. I like the idea of having a "stash" in other places. I'm hoping I can get away with doing the ind. packets still. They do let you trade in ones you don't like, so there's always a bin of those at the clinic. Just most are ones I don't like either. Just trying to make it simple, yet have plenty of variety at home so when I see a recipe I want to try, I have the packet. I'm finding that my breakfasts are the same two things, and my lunch doesn't vary too much either. I usually have the same soup. But it's the snacks. Sometimes I want sweet, other time it's salty. And I like to have some bars on hand. I'll start building over the next few weeks.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #86  

Height: 5 '6

Although there isn't a clinic in my home town.. I know a few people who are doing IP long distance like me so maybe I can check to see if they want to exchange a few things..

Oh and the stashing has totally saved me a few times. I regularly drive to a neighboring town for work and this week I was so busy I totally forgot to bring any packets. Thankfully I always have a couple kicking around in my vehicle... what a relief when I realized I forgot to bring the days provisions but knew I had an emergency stash in the glove compartment.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Hiker: Great progress pics!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 213.8/199.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hiker do you have a clinic that you can order things online?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Although there isn't a clinic in my home town.. I know a few people who are doing IP long distance like me so maybe I can check to see if they want to exchange a few things..

Oh and the stashing has totally saved me a few times. I regularly drive to a neighboring town for work and this week I was so busy I totally forgot to bring any packets. Thankfully I always have a couple kicking around in my vehicle... what a relief when I realized I forgot to bring the days provisions but knew I had an emergency stash in the glove compartment.
You look great!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #90  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Me too Hiker! We went to a ballgame once and someone left my dill pickle zippers on the counter - I was very happy to discover a fruit drink packet in the "game bag." I don't remember putting it there, but really glad I did!

Your progress photos are awesome! You look great!
Closed Thread