Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good luck Maureen. Sounds like a great plan. Have fun!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #317  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
happy Saturday everyone
Well I'm going to face my first big challenge since I started 5 weeks ago - I'm going to a formal function tonight with some colleagues from work - my boss is the Honorary Colonel of the Governor General Foot Guards ( my Canadian friends will know what they are) reserves - the regiment is holding a ball - I have my long dress ( a size smaller than 2 months ago) - I'm going to eat before I go and will bring an IP snack bar with me - I'll just cut my food, move it around my plate and just say I'm not really hungry - nothing is going to make me go off program. wish me luck I'm going to need it

thanks for being here and let's all have a great day we're worth it

I'm right there with you. I am attending a very large formal gala auction as a fundraiser for the Susan G Komen foundation tonight. I looked at the program and they have the menu. Not much I can eat on it at all, so I'll be doing the same as you. Eating something before I go, taking a bar with me, and moving food around. Good luck to you!!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #318  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Vachinyc: Lisa has brought it up before, and can articulate it better than me, but looks at obesity being in remission but constantly needing to be vigilant.

I'm sorry you're having stress lately, but you're doing wonderfully.

Some people have food allergies/sensitivities so maybe reframing it will work for you in the sense that you're "watching your food intake" for your overall health?
Yes. I've said I have the disease of obesity and am currently in remission. It will return if I am not vigilant.

When people say, "just this once" and I've planned not to have the item in question, I'm able to say I'm in remission from a medical condition and that will bring the condition back. It stops them and usually without question.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I'm right there with you. I am attending a very large formal gala auction as a fundraiser for the Susan G Komen foundation tonight. I looked at the program and they have the menu. Not much I can eat on it at all, so I'll be doing the same as you. Eating something before I go, taking a bar with me, and moving food around. Good luck to you!!
thanks jendilly - you too - we can do this we're so worth it -
Old 03-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #320  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for all your responses. Getting it off my chest helped a little. Knowing that I'm not alone helps a lot. I'm sure this snarky feeling will go away or at least subside. I have a lot to be grateful for. Being healthy is so important and if I have to give up a few things to have that, I can do it! (I may whine a little, but I can do it)
Old 03-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Morning all: it's weigh in day for me and I have to say I think I need a different mental approach now that I'm in phase 3. I found myself actively aggravated this morning. Scale went up .6 (granted, that's kind of nothing) and my breakfasts have brought on some bloating and big C. Coach said I may need to eliminate diary and should consider being super careful with wheat. I am embarrassed to say it but I got a little snarky with her. I don't want to be 'on a diet' the rest of my life or to be one of those people that can only shop at whole foods and can't really go out to eat without being extremely high maintenance. (Whiny, for sure!)

That said... I know I need to put my big girl pants on. Sure, I'm not happy that I'm not one of those people who can eat what they want and stay thin (not happy at all) but there are many in my same circumstance. So yes, I will have to be careful with food forever. There, I said it.

Hopefully that won't mean I have to eat so differently from everyone else that it is a constant and difficult issue. I think that's my worry. I don't want to be 'the girl on the special diet'.

I apologize. I'm having a bout of the negatives today. (Work has been a little stressful too. Similarly frustrating) I'm wondering if part of it is fear...fear that now that I have to make more active choices as I move into maintenance...I'm going to screw up?

It's cold but sunny. Think maybe I will take a walk and see if the fresh air brings a fresh attitude with it. Oy!

I wish you all a happy positive sunny IP day!
One of my sisters is naturally thin, ate anything she wanted. A few years ago she got really sick and they found out she is highly allergic to whey. It is everywhere so she has to be very careful what she eats, at home, going out, at family. At Christmas, I did not eat the pizza dad bought, and she made her own wheyless pizza. I think it actually may be important to be on a "diet" always,
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #322  

I made it through tonight's event! just had coffee and I don't think anyone really noticed - feel great
Old 03-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #323  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I made it through tonight's event! just had coffee and I don't think anyone really noticed - feel great
You should be very proud of yourself. Goes to show pre-planning can make all the difference, not only to the 'real' hunger you feel due to eating beforehand but also your will-power during the event.

I went to an arts and culture festival last night. Lots of Jamaican style food there and it smelt delicious. But I had timed it so that I had eaten beforehand and I had a bottle of water with me and some gum and it made all the difference.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #324  

Quote:
Isn't it amazing how we all think others will really care what we do or don't do with food?

I've seen on this forum so frequently things like:
But I don't want to disappoint them by not eating xyz or
I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or
I don't want to hurt the feelings of the hostess or
The expectations in my family/social group are xyz

All of the above are excuses we dieters form in our own heads why we have to fail at our diet for "someone else" rather than succeed at our diet for ourselves (which is the person we're doing it for!)

You have SUCH the right attitude and I'm so glad you shared your success!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Isn't it amazing how we all think others will really care what we do or don't do with food?

All of the above are excuses we dieters form in our own heads why we have to fail at our diet for "someone else" rather than succeed at our diet for ourselves (which is the person we're doing it for!)

Lisa - I'm at a point in my life that even if they did noticed I don't care - I had a story all ready in case the server asked if the food was okay - I was going to tell him I just got out of the hospital and was on a strict diet!!!lol
Old 03-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #326  

a question about the Omega-3 supplement - I'm a vegetarian and noticed that there's fish oil in these capsules - can I use my own Omega-3 supplement
Old 03-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #327  

Quote:
a question about the Omega-3 supplement - I'm a vegetarian and noticed that there's fish oil in these capsules - can I use my own Omega-3 supplement
You're gonna have to, since fish oil is used b/c it is the most bio-available source. Vegetable sources will work but definitely do your research on how much and what else may need to be added to ensure optimal absorption
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #328  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Excellent advice as always Lisa. I think when it comes to eating in public with others, we think they are watching what we are eating like a hawk but actually, this is often not the case. I went to a girls night a couple of weeks back. Lots of chocolate and candy with one nice veggie platter (mine!). I picked from the veggie platter and no-one commented at all. And now I think back, I couldn't tell you what each individual person ate. Someone could have sipped a drink all night and eaten nothing and I wouldn't know about it.

Lisa is so right. I'm doing this for me and me only. Having the right attitude is everything!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #329  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hi guys!

Started our weekend by tripping on a curb and spraining my ankle - off to get an ace bandage we went. What a wonderful way to start a romantic weekend!

But we had a great time anyway! Only hiccup came when I ordered a taco salad - double meat, nothing on it but onions and tomatoes. They got all that right but the lettuce they were using is the same as their salad mix. You should have seen me picking out the shredded carrots! Dh was laughing at me big time. But really - who puts carrots in taco salad?

Maureen - congrats on making it through your event! I tell people I have food allergies. It's true, certain foods make me break out in fat!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #330  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Almost forgot - great NSV while we were gone. I had to show my drivers license to someone and she looked at my license and then looked and me and said "what happened to you?" Made me laugh when she told me I really need to get a new license!
Closed Thread