Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #271  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Had my weigh in. Down 2.8 lbs. Hooray!!! That makes an even 80 pounds gone!!! So excited. I needed this mental boost this week.
Hooray Carol! That is exciting!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #272  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Happy day all. Glad its Wednesday as I am sooo ready for the weekend already...this is bad since its on the middle of the week but really, I feel like I could really use a break. My heart has been heavy the last couple of days. Feeling like the world is spinning too fast and there is nothing I can do to slow it down. A lot of changes at work, I started an intensive 10 month leadership program, have a tremendous amount of pressure to get into a masters program and on top of all of it I am not certain that I want to remain in higher education. Oh yah, and I am making major changes in my diet. 22 days on phase 1 and going strong. This is a good thing though but still not without challenges in some moments.

Can totally relate about the drive through thing. There was always something so falsely comforting about eating my way through something although it was brief and left me feeling worse off than I was before. Suppose that is why I am reeling with all this stuff and its sinking in...I am really feeling it.

Sigh...thanks for listening to my rant. Love visiting everyday and seeing how everyone is doing. My husband started IP on Monday and he is doing great. He made a two week commitment (only has 10lbs to loose) and he is really committed so its nice to have a partner in this. He has always been great but being able to share my experiences is nice and validating. Can't wait to see him shrink...it will probably melt off. Darn men and their losses!

Sending you all OP thoughts today.
Hang in there! Things will get better! And feel free to rant - I've done it often enough!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Had my weigh in. Down 2.8 lbs. Hooray!!! That makes an even 80 pounds gone!!! So excited. I needed this mental boost this week.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #274  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Getting ready to take off for our anniversary weekend tomorrow.

List of veggies to take - check
List of packets to take - check
List of supplements - check
Scoped out restaurant menus on-line - check
clothes - oh heck, I need to take clothes!

Funny how our priorities change!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Have an AMAZING weekend and anniversary... Oh, and maybe you don't need to take TOO many clothes!!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #276  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Have an AMAZING weekend and anniversary... Oh, and maybe you don't need to take TOO many clothes!!
LOL JLUS - you are probably right!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #277  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful weekend with your wonderful hubby!!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #278  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful weekend with your wonderful hubby!!

Thanks Hiker! I am sooooo looking forward to it!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #279  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ruth Ann - have a wonderful weekend.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #280  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Where are you going for your anniversary trip, RuthAnn? Staying local? We've had some beautiful days lately. I have family coming next week and I'm just praying that we don't have horrible rain while she's here. Want to be able to show her our city...first visit here and all.

I posted in the daily chat, but thought I would post here, too. I lost almost 4 pounds this week and I am thrilled. This was a busy week for me, several meals out, but I stayed OP even eating out 4 times. Hopefully this week will be a bit more mellow. Between a week of traveling and then a week of eating out lots (several pageant events and meetings for lunch), I could use a "normal" week at home.

I stocked up on lots of IP foods today. I'm still adjusting to not being able to buy individual packets, so I'm building an inventory of variety. I love that they are coming out with more non-restricted snack items. I picked up the salt and vinegar chips. They're really good...much better than the stale cracker crisp things they had before. Almost have a buttery taste to them. I've felt in a rut with my lunches...chicken soup and salad. So, I'm going to change it up once in a while and have something else with my salad or veggies. Plus, the chips and bars are great for me to have on the go. Then maybe I won't miss a packet two days in a row like this past week.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Where are you going for your anniversary trip, RuthAnn? Staying local? We've had some beautiful days lately. I have family coming next week and I'm just praying that we don't have horrible rain while she's here. Want to be able to show her our city...first visit here and all.

I posted in the daily chat, but thought I would post here, too. I lost almost 4 pounds this week and I am thrilled. This was a busy week for me, several meals out, but I stayed OP even eating out 4 times. Hopefully this week will be a bit more mellow. Between a week of traveling and then a week of eating out lots (several pageant events and meetings for lunch), I could use a "normal" week at home.

I stocked up on lots of IP foods today. I'm still adjusting to not being able to buy individual packets, so I'm building an inventory of variety. I love that they are coming out with more non-restricted snack items. I picked up the salt and vinegar chips. They're really good...much better than the stale cracker crisp things they had before. Almost have a buttery taste to them. I've felt in a rut with my lunches...chicken soup and salad. So, I'm going to change it up once in a while and have something else with my salad or veggies. Plus, the chips and bars are great for me to have on the go. Then maybe I won't miss a packet two days in a row like this past week.
Jendilly congrats on the loss!! My clinic gave me a taste of the new salt abd vinegar chips yesterday. I agree, they are great and better than the old ones. I love that they are unrestricted. I am going to get some next week.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #282  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Congrats on the great loss Jendilly! That is wonderful news!

We're headed to the coast for the weekend - short enough drive for just a weekend but far enough away to feel like we're getting away. We have had gorgeous days but I heard a little bird say maybe snow flurries this weekend?

It's really sad that your clinic won't let you buy individual packs any more. I really like being able to do that - I get more variety and don't get bored. Supposed to have the S&V chips in next week and I'm looking forward to trying them. I like the garlic ones and the bbq ones (and I don't even like bbq chips!).
Old 02-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #283  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Have a wonderful time! The coast is a great getaway. I heard the snow flurries were supposed to be north of Seattle (not sure where you are from) so won't hit us at all. We didn't see any last weekend either.

My new coach is so "by the books". I can take in packets I don't want and trade for some of her open packets...and I've noticed that she has quite a large stash of those. I'm wondering if people open boxes and then give her half of them right there. That's odd, though. I only buy what I like, so I have no need to take her in other packets I don't want...so I won't be "trading". Maybe I'll get sick of some things.

The S/V chips are good. Not as strong as I thought they might be, very good. There is a buttery after taste to me. I picked up the lemon/chocolate wafers today to try. I haven't had any of the wafer cookies yet. I'm trying to get more of the On the Go type of foods to have with me in the car or in my purse. I was doing all the ones where you add water and those just don't work when you're trying to grab something quick. I'm learning...it's taken me 2 months.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #284  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
The S/V chips are good. Not as strong as I thought they might be, very good. There is a buttery after taste to me. I picked up the lemon/chocolate wafers today to try. I haven't had any of the wafer cookies yet. I'm trying to get more of the On the Go type of foods to have with me in the car or in my purse. I was doing all the ones where you add water and those just don't work when you're trying to grab something quick. I'm learning...it's taken me 2 months.
I'm not really fond of the lemon wafers but I LOVE the orange ones - those are a staple for me!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #285  

Just picked up my first box of the lemon wafers yesterday. Love them. I love the strawberry- i always have them in my pantry. Haven't tried orange.
Closed Thread