Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I'm curious about this too - is it packets of pills you take, to do this? ie all your food stays the same but you take more supplements.
I started one this AM. It was the one ColoradoCarol was talking about a few days ago. "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal Detox". It has 3 types of pills and 1 liquid dropper. It is alkaline diet based, which is what IP is. They have a pretty thorough booklet in the box that walks you through everything. It tells you what to eat and what not to eat. It is possible with IP. Of course, it says 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef". Normally I don't pay too too much attention to these things because I just buy my meat at the grocery (usually they have free range stuff) but I'll be making a run to my dad's freezer that's stocked with the 'wild caught fish'. He's a big time summer fisherman-thankful for that!!

It has a list of veggies and the only one it says no to is mushrooms.

It lasts 12 days. I took a full dose this AM. It recommends that if you notice it's too much 'laxative' to cut back to half a dose.

I'm interested to see how much it'll effect me, after being on IP for 23 weeks. Wondering how many years of stored toxins will be exiting over the next 12 days!

I do wish the booklet had more information on what each herb did to actually help your body. I think that would be interesting to read about. Guess I'll have to look on each bottle and research all the herbs!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #152  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I started one this AM. It was the one ColoradoCarol was talking about a few days ago. "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal Detox". It has 3 types of pills and 1 liquid dropper. It is alkaline diet based, which is what IP is. They have a pretty thorough booklet in the box that walks you through everything. It tells you what to eat and what not to eat. It is possible with IP. Of course, it says 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef". Normally I don't pay too too much attention to these things because I just buy my meat at the grocery (usually they have free range stuff) but I'll be making a run to my dad's freezer that's stocked with the 'wild caught fish'. He's a big time summer fisherman-thankful for that!!

It has a list of veggies and the only one it says no to is mushrooms.

It lasts 12 days. I took a full dose this AM. It recommends that if you notice it's too much 'laxative' to cut back to half a dose.

I'm interested to see how much it'll effect me, after being on IP for 23 weeks. Wondering how many years of stored toxins will be exiting over the next 12 days!

I do wish the booklet had more information on what each herb did to actually help your body. I think that would be interesting to read about. Guess I'll have to look on each bottle and research all the herbs!
EMS - I didn't do the 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef' (too expensive) and I didn't see the info on the mushrooms (oops). But I had great success with it. I hope you like it. Like I said, one of the coaches at my clinic did a lot of research on the available "cleanses" on the market and thought this one was the best. I didn't have a problem with the laxative being too much (but I suffer continually with the Big C). I hated the liquid but I would put the drops in a little bit of water (probably enough to cover the bottom of the glass) and drank it quick.

Hope it goes well for you.

Last edited by ColoradoCarol; 02-14-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
EMS - I didn't do the 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef' (too expensive) and I didn't see the info on the mushrooms (oops). But I had great success with it. I hope you like it. Like I said, one of the coaches at my clinic did a lot of research on the available "cleanses" on the market and thought this one was the best. I didn't have a problem with the laxative being too much (but I suffer continually with the Big C). I hated the liquid but I would put the drops in a little bit of water (probably enough to cover the bottom of the glass) and drank it quick.

Hope it goes well for you.
It is expensive! I see myself eating quite a bit of speckled trout that my dad caught last summer and eggs. I love both of these things so I don't think it'll be a problem. Grass fed beef is crazy pricy but free range chicken here is only a few dollars more.

I did not like the liquid at all. I put it in about 4 ounces of water, I'll be copying you this evening and doing as little as possible!!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #154  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all...and Happy Valentine's Day. I set out little gifts for my kids and hubby and obviously there is chocolate, but I'm not tempted at all. This day can be about so much more. Show love more than you say it.

I'm off to get my hair done today...a little pampering will go a long way. Feeling light and wonderful. My husband travels for work every week, so when he saw me this morning (he got in very late last night) it was nice of him to notice and comment on how much I've lost. Makes you feel good!

Have a wonderful day! We have a 4 day weekend here and I'll be flying to sunny Arizona on Sunday with my daughter.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #155  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Good Morning all...and Happy Valentine's Day. I set out little gifts for my kids and hubby and obviously there is chocolate, but I'm not tempted at all. This day can be about so much more. Show love more than you say it.

I'm off to get my hair done today...a little pampering will go a long way. Feeling light and wonderful. My husband travels for work every week, so when he saw me this morning (he got in very late last night) it was nice of him to notice and comment on how much I've lost. Makes you feel good!

Have a wonderful day! We have a 4 day weekend here and I'll be flying to sunny Arizona on Sunday with my daughter.
Aren't those compliments the best? I just love when dh does it!

Have a great time in Arizona with your daughter!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #156  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Aren't those compliments the best? I just love when dh does it!

Have a great time in Arizona with your daughter!
Thanks Ruth Ann! We are touring a couple of colleges, so it'll be busy and fun. But I'll be leaving her at one of them for 2 days. It'll be me holding down a pool chair in the sun. Woohoo! Ready to leave this wind and rain for some warmer weather.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #157  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Well, I managed to accomplish nearly nothing yesterday - yeah me! Just one of those days where I could not get motivated to do much. I think knowing I had two more days off kind of gave me a feeling of "oh, it can get done tomorrow." It was actually kind of nice - I keep trying to disabuse myself of the notion that I have to be doing something productive all the time. Taking some quiet time for ourselves is really a good thing - sitting and reading a book, watching a movie, etc. really helps recharge my batteries.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #158  

Height: 5 '6

I had low energy yesterday too but my sister and family were on their way so I just kept plugging along and eventually got everything done even if I was still getting groceries when they got to town! I had dropped my wallet at Sears and that threw my afternoon off! After calling Sears to make sure they didn't have it, I actually talked to the right person and sure enough, someone had turned it in! Whew!! Was happy to see the scale this morning... down again!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-16-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Today, I looking forward to a really good time for two reasons. First, our nearly 2 year old granddaughter is coming for a visit and we have not seen her since Christmas.

Secondly, it is her parents who started first on IP and have lost over 80 pounds each - they were the one who inspired me to start. I have not seen them in two months either, which means they have seen ME!

"ME" put on a complete outfit of size 16's yesterday. Even the trousers, which are always a challenge for me over the rear and thighs, slid right into place. New shoes (actually boots) because my feet are smaller, too. What a feeling!!!! I have only a few size 18's that fit and they will go soon.

It has been 25 years, yes 25 years, since I was this size. Before marriage, before children. This is a new version of the me I used to love. When I looked into mirror this morning, tousled hair and all, I saw this pretty pixie little face with dimples that was just shining like the sun. I missed her, this pert and sassy little face and I am glad she is still there, albeit attached to a nearly 60 year old.

Great thing is I do not think like a 60 year old and I for sure do not look like one anymore! No sad and worn depression veiling the spark inside - I am out and free. Thanks IP and all you incredibly supportive people here!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Schenectady, I am so glad that you found your pixie again. So beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #161  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hiker - so glad you found your wallet! I hate losing things and the wallet is the worst to lose. Have a good visit with your relatives!

Schenectady - what a great NSV! I'm still startled in the morning sometimes when I go to brush my hair - who does that little face belong to? Dh told me recently "you just look so much happier." Guess it's because I am happier!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #162  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Woo hoo! I just had so much FUN! Needed to get some jeans and sweatshirt type clothes for our upcoming trip to the coast. Had a bunch of Kohls cash and coupons so off I went. Every single thing I took to the fitting room I had to go back and trade for something smaller! Just when did I start fitting into petite medium sizes? When I started IP I was wearing 24/26 pants and 26/28 tops!

Ended up with 3 tops, jeans and something slinky for our anniversary night for $45 - I'm beginning to not hate shopping for clothes!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 02-16-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Ruth Ann:
Old 02-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #164  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ruth Ann:
Thanks IPN!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #165  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Woo hoo! I just had so much FUN! Needed to get some jeans and sweatshirt type clothes for our upcoming trip to the coast. Had a bunch of Kohls cash and coupons so off I went. Every single thing I took to the fitting room I had to go back and trade for something smaller! Just when did I start fitting into petite medium sizes? When I started IP I was wearing 24/26 pants and 26/28 tops!

Ended up with 3 tops, jeans and something slinky for our anniversary night for $45 - I'm beginning to not hate shopping for clothes!
Wahoo such a great thing to realize accomplishments in other ways than the scale.

I'm going consignment store shopping next weekend. I need some new work clothes (in a smaller size- yay). I am buying in consignment stores until all the weight is off - it is much less costly. When it all is off - new wardrobe!!!
Closed Thread