Old 03-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I had my WI today and at home the scale showed a 2.5 drop
At the clinic it shows 1.4, I'm going by my home scale
Either way, it's going in the right direction.
I couldn't believe it when I stepped on my scale at home, I haver NEVER seen that number before!! Yipppeee
Hooray! Hooray!
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

thank you!!

so went to the buffet last night and thankfully the food wasn't that good. I had lots of salad, yes it was dressed in ceasar, carved beef and a piece of chicken, unbreaded and it didn't taste sweet so I suspect it was OK to eat. They had Korean bbq ribs that were just calling my name but didn't have any because I knew they would be full of sugar.

I had 5 penne pasta and took a dessert but had ONE bite and gave the rest to my fiance. And and all I think I did pretty good, not 100% but it was good enough for me. I know I didn't overdo it because I didn't feel any carb overload.

Today I stepped on the scale and it's back at 139 LOL. Before going for dinner I had 300 calories, a shake for breakfast and my chips for lunch. That was it. Not sure if I'm retaining water from the meal but it really really stinks!! Will weigh again tomorrow and see what it reads.

Menu today was good, IP food for bfast and lunch and for dinner sirloin steak, asparagus and mushrooms.

Have a great week everyone!!
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

I need to get serious I've told myself that I want to lose slower so I'm allowing more food. Wow slippery slop I can't seem to get steady and stay there. My weigh in is today and I think I'll skip it. Know I didn't lose and ate to much. I actually think I should change my weigh in to be Friday's. Monday's mean if I slip up over the weekend all my work of the week is gone at weigh in.
15 lbs and I can phase off like some of you are talking about. Can't wait to have whole grain bread and rice in my diet. I'm ready for healthy carbs just miss the potato and breads.
Oh well, Monday's are always the day to start fresh!!!

Last edited by kcdoe; 03-10-2014 at 07:09 AM.
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #244  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

Hi Kcdoe,

While I understand where you are coming from, rescheduling meetings or cancelling them and thinking about foods I'll be able to eat when phasing off is precisely what caused me to gain all of my weight back slowly since my first round of IP in 2008. I know that you may feel restricted and think that there is no harm in weekend cheats and allowing yourself some more food, but it is a very slippery slope. Before you know it, you start adding more food here and there or food that is nowhere near IP protocol and you cheat way too often. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it did happen to me.

I would keep my weigh-ins where they are and honour them. Your coach won't say anything if you slip up once or twice, but if you do it more often you might need to be accountable. It will only help your progress.

I would advise against making any changes to the plan until you have phased off and know that you are in complete control of yourself.

Last edited by Emmcakes; 03-10-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #245  

Hey friends! OMG...Sunflower I am jumping for joy that you lost! That is awesome news on this Monday morning. I bet you already lost that water weight from Saturday night. Despite the food not being so great, was the concert good?

I had a very busy weekend. We tried to go skiing and there was a major accident and we sat in traffic for an hour before deciding to turn around. Nonetheless, we came home and went back to bed, woke up, walked the dogs, and went to a friends birthday party. Yesterday it was beautiful here and I spent the entire day outside in a tank top. I love spring in Denver.

Still hanging in there at 130 with phase 3. I had a lot of activity this weekend and I hope to continue to maintain/even loose a lb or two.

This has been trying no doubt but I gotta tell ya guys, I am sooooo done with the yo-yo jive! I think I will be making much better choices in the future.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey friends! OMG...Sunflower I am jumping for joy that you lost! That is awesome news on this Monday morning. I bet you already lost that water weight from Saturday night. Despite the food not being so great, was the concert good?

I had a very busy weekend. We tried to go skiing and there was a major accident and we sat in traffic for an hour before deciding to turn around. Nonetheless, we came home and went back to bed, woke up, walked the dogs, and went to a friends birthday party. Yesterday it was beautiful here and I spent the entire day outside in a tank top. I love spring in Denver.

Still hanging in there at 130 with phase 3. I had a lot of activity this weekend and I hope to continue to maintain/even loose a lb or two.

This has been trying no doubt but I gotta tell ya guys, I am sooooo done with the yo-yo jive! I think I will be making much better choices in the future.
Air Supply was surprisingly really really good. They sounded awesome for old guys

Didn't weigh today, didn't feel like it to be honest. Waiting til tomorrow. I hope I see the 136's again. Started a new job today and I'm beat. Lots to learn. I'm stressed already!

welcome to the new ones, you all know IP works so all the best in your reboots.

Glad to hear you're doing so well in Phase 3, sounds like you're determined more than ever not to resort to old habits.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
Hi Kcdoe,

While I understand where you are coming from, rescheduling meetings or cancelling them and thinking about foods I'll be able to eat when phasing off is precisely what caused me to gain all of my weight back slowly since my first round of IP in 2008. I know that you may feel restricted and think that there is no harm in weekend cheats and allowing yourself some more food, but it is a very slippery slope. Before you know it, you start adding more food here and there or food that is nowhere near IP protocol and you cheat way too often. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it did happen to me.

I would keep my weigh-ins where they are and honour them. Your coach won't say anything if you slip up once or twice, but if you do it more often you might need to be accountable. It will only help your progress.

I would advise against making any changes to the plan until you have phased off and know that you are in complete control of yourself.
Wow a bit harsh but I understand you are trying to be helpful!! and I thank you for that. I disagree however, I think I need to change it up a bit, to get better results for me. I have moved my coach appointments to Thursday's. Did great yesterday, scale down today. I'm making my Tomato soup pizza bread for the day.
I need to work exercise into my busy schedule, that is what is needed next perhaps I'll learn some at my desk exercises to start with. I have a set of hand weights already there
Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #249  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post

What an incredibly honest, supportive post!
So many times we all want to do what we want and make up our own rules when it ends up causing us to be "stuck" on a diet longer.
The truth is the IP protocol is simple but not always easy. The rules are laid out & when we follow them, we win!

The weight gain has been my biggest fear since starting IP. I lost on another plan 10 years ago & regained by not following maintenance. My thought toward IP is if this is the plan you've chosen, follow it! If you prefer not to, find one to follow & learn to maintain so we never have to come back & lose a similar amt of weight again.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-11-2014 at 07:39 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #250  

Morning all. Day 6 of phase 3 and going strong. I am still maintaining at 130 and it's so nice to have a filling healthy bfast. Welcome back SusanneXo90 and good luck to you on your reboot. Don't feel ashamed...you are making a step in the right direction and working towards a better you...no shame needed there! I know it's not ideal to gain/loose and then reboot but I do believe each of us has a journey in figuring on how we can maintain and its OK as long as we are not giving up. The hard (hard to be overweight, hard to loose, hard to maintain) comes to mind here. For many of us, weight management will be something we are managing on a daily basis forever. With that said, you are right where you are supposed to be.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #251  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I'm still here! Just been busy and plugging along. My weight loss has stalled and I'm having big C issues, no matter how many Florolax I take. I'm gonna pick up some of that smooth move tea. I'm just worried because I have a class at the gym tomorrow over lunch. Sunflower - when you've taken it in the past, for how long did you need to be near a washroom? How long did you steep it for? I heard you should start with no more than 5 minutes to see how it affects you.

I started Phase 3 today! The big breakfast was delicious and I wasn't even hungry when lunch time came. I ate a salad and now 3 hours later I'm still stuffed. Normally after work I'm hungry and usually have my snack, don't think that will be the case tonight. I might try to get to the gym tonight depending if the class has any spots open in it. The first few days back at the gym are always the worst, I'm looking forward to get back into the routine and it being just second nature.

Hope everyone else is having a great on program day!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi All

Down another .4 today. Happy about it. Next week I am traveling again which is always a challenge hope to be able to maintain the momentum
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #253  

Hi knm
I stepped it for a while, I believe 15 mins like the package said, and I went 3-4 times. So I wouldn't recommend doing that, but I needed the relief so took my chances.

I haven't weighed myself so not sure where the scale is at. My head is right now in work related matters, so don't care about the numbers this week. I have been doing well nonetheless though.

Happy to hear you're maintaining eandc and knm keep at it, the gym might shake things up a bit, I know I need to start working out soon.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Hi All

Down another .4 today. Happy about it. Next week I am traveling again which is always a challenge hope to be able to maintain the momentum
still a loss and at your weight and height even a small loss adds up over time (as you don't have much to lose)
Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What an incredibly honest, supportive post!
So many times we all want to do what we want and make up our own rules when it ends up causing us to be "stuck" on a diet longer.
The truth is the IP protocol is simple but not always easy. The rules are laid out & when we follow them, we win!

The weight gain has been my biggest fear since starting IP. I lost on another plan 10 years ago & regained by not following maintenance. My thought toward IP is if this is the plan you've chosen, follow it! If you prefer not to, find one to follow & learn to maintain so we never have to come back & lose a similar amt of weight again.
Lisa we all feel that way, if you believe in it just do it!! But as you know because you have supported many in these posts they are full of people who followed it and had and are having great success! And this is the diet for them! Perhaps for life, but they still have to push through every day and win the fight with the emotions, life's stresses and pressures that cause over endulging. I've had those strong moments when I read some of the posts and think, really come on stop cheating and just do it. Then I have days where I don't read at all because I know what I'm doing wrong. Then i have moments where i share my weakness, which are rare but i did in this previous post! I to did a diet called fit for life years ago and lost 50 lbs. it worked then but would never work now. Im a different person now and its meaning and affect in my life had its moment, but it passed! Those who are constantly strong, constantly steadfast and constantly assured do not reside in these posts, why would they? We would quickly frustrate them with our reality and challenges that they could not relate to
I wish us all success those who battle often, those who battle sometimes and those stronger that battle rarely! We are all still here posting together walking this walk and fighting this battle, Together!!!!