3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292373-restart-reboot-january-1-2014-a.html)

knm 02-12-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflower40 (Post 4941704)
I'm so jealous of you right now:dizzy:
very happy to hear though, you're so close to goal wow
I think if you want to try and get to 120 go for it and give yourself a leeway of 5 lbs between 120-125. Good luck and keep up the great work.

also, can you give me an sample menu of what your day consist of? do you eat much red meat? are you using restricteds?

Thanks Sunflower. You won't be jealous after you hear that I woke up with TOM and am up 1.2 lbs! Argh, I know it doesn't mean anything, but I was loving the consistent pattern I had going. Hopefully by my weigh in next week it'll be gone and I'll have a quick whoosh before!

As for a sample menu, I'm one of those people that can eat the same few things over and over again for months before I get sick of them. Thankfully!
Breakfast - more often than not it's a chocolate RTD, the odd time I'll do the chocolate drink mix or either the peach-mango or orange drink.
Lunch - I usually have salad with chicken on it. I go to a little cafe we have close to my work and get mixed greens with red peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, pickles and red onions. Their dressings aren't 100% compliant I'm sure, but they're oil based and absolutely delicious! Until I start plateauing I refuse to give up salad dressing that makes a salad edible. I've tried making my own but they never turn out right.
About once a week I'll have lamb for lunch. I'm sure there's too much fat in it, some days it seems extra greasy, but again, until I start plateauing I'm not too worried about it.
I would say I eat red meat maybe once a week. I'll have ham every once in a while too.
Snack - lately I've been trying to have itafter work and before supper, just so I'm not eating right before bed. It's always a restricted, it's the only thing that gets rid of my sweet tooth. Mostly I have the wafers, I switch it up between all three flavors. Maybe once a week I'll have the brownie and the odd time the dill pickle zippers when I'm craving something salty.
Supper - I've been doing 1 of 2 things the last two weeks.
1 - rotini with veggies (bean sprouts, broccoli, mushroom, peppers, depends what I have on hand) and then use the Guy's smokey bbq sauce.
2 - chicken ala king - I make it over the stove and then roast cauliflower, mushrooms and cabbage in the over, then pour it over the veggies. Sometimes if I need a bit extra flavour I will add some of the Heinz (low sugar or no sugar, whatever it is) ketchup.

For some reason this all seems to be working for me right now, but keep in mind I've only been on plan for 2 weeks. I'm sure I'm gonna have to start being more restrictive in the next week or so. I know the closer I get to goal the less I'll be able to get away with.

eandc2006 02-12-2014 03:19 PM

Hey Sunflower and Kmn...back to phase 1 for me. Have been spying lately (well since I was last on phase 1 in September) but have had a myriad of health issues that I needed to resolve before getting back into phase 1 again. On day 8 and not hungry really but lost just a few lbs (about 3-4). I have a non-digital scale so its hard to get a completely accurate reading at times. Anyways, glad to see you both and look forward to visiting with you all. Sunflower, where are you from in the carib? I lived in Dominica for several years and looooovvvvvved the food!

knm 02-12-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eandc2006 (Post 4942395)
Hey Sunflower and Kmn...back to phase 1 for me. Have been spying lately (well since I was last on phase 1 in September) but have had a myriad of health issues that I needed to resolve before getting back into phase 1 again. On day 8 and not hungry really but lost just a few lbs (about 3-4). I have a non-digital scale so its hard to get a completely accurate reading at times. Anyways, glad to see you both and look forward to visiting with you all. Sunflower, where are you from in the carib? I lived in Dominica for several years and looooovvvvvved the food!

Welcome back eandc! 8 days and down 3-4 lbs is amazing! Keep up the great work!

eandc2006 02-12-2014 06:11 PM

Thank you. It has been pretty easy this time around. I feel like I have been battling the same 5lbs for months and have decided to lower my goal to 125 so that I have some cushion from 125-130 rather than 135-140. You guys are doing awesome and plugging right along! Did you all restart in early January?

knm 02-12-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eandc2006 (Post 4942506)
Thank you. It has been pretty easy this time around. I feel like I have been battling the same 5lbs for months and have decided to lower my goal to 125 so that I have some cushion from 125-130 rather than 135-140. You guys are doing awesome and plugging right along! Did you all restart in early January?

I didn't restart until Jan 28th, so I've barely begun!

kdspirited 02-13-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eandc2006 (Post 4942506)

Hi eandc I have the same stats as you. I always used to get stuck at 125 as well. This time I am going to give myself longer to get down to 120 knowing that 125 is my plateau point. And I will probably introduce more exercise into the mix

eandc2006 02-13-2014 11:38 AM

Hey guys. So good to buddy up on here...its so helpful for me. Glad to hear we are in this together.

kdspirited I am always hanging out between 135-140 and I would love to be around 125-130 because really 130 is where I feel really good. That being said, I figured I would give myself 30 days to see what happens. I know aside from just losing the weight just taking 30 days to do some retraining of my taste buds will be good. I got down to 130 in September but really had a helluva couple months with some health concerns related to a pregnancy that turned out not be viable in late November.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

knm 02-13-2014 12:55 PM

Phewf! Woke up this morning and I'm down the 1.4 I was up the day before, plus another 0.4! I've got a big weekend coming up so if I can manage to maintain this week I'll be happy!

deelee10 02-13-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knm (Post 4935463)
Surprisingly well! Friday after work I got my usual weekend cravings. I went into the pantry and grabbed a granola bar. I took it to the couch, set it beside me and sat there for about 10 minutes deciding if it was really worth it. I decided to have my restricted instead (I usually save it for after supper) but figured, have the restricted now, then if you still want something after supper you can decide, rather than going off plan too early in the day and blowing the rest of the day, which for me usually leads to the entire weekend. I had friends over that night and stayed busy, so I didn't have time to think about cravings anymore and went to bed with another day in the bag!

Every day the scale keeps moving so that keeps my motivation going! I'm starting to not sleep well again (happened in the fall to me too) but if it's between being skinny and tired vs fat and well rested, I'll take the first one!

Hi!
Good compromises Redek, way to work it KNM, good job Sun! I need to get back on the wagon.

I started out okay in January. Went on vacation, had a nice time, though I didn’t get to spend as much time with my younger son. I have the REALLY EMPTY NEST, 2 parents with Alzheimers and sometimes cancer which eats into the time I should be using to find a hobby. Came home, got a little depressed and ended up undoing all my progress with the heavy artillery – all the evil Valentines stuff was everywhere I looked. I succumbed. At first I didn’t gain much weight so I got worse. Then I started coming down with a cold, which I got from my husband who becomes a cranky baby when sick. Anyway, I felt the worst on Tuesday and yesterday. Yesterday I was too sick to eat evil stuff but I didn’t feel like eating meat, salads or vegetables. I did find that I really like the IP chicken noodle soup. And the apple cinnamon crunchies. I believe they’re restricted and I had too many but it was an improvement. I had been working out until I got sick. Today, while I don’t feel terrific, I’m going to stick to IP foods. I’m going to weigh myself which will scare the snot out of me. Then I have to find something soft to eat that is on plan. Maybe some tender chicken and broccoli.
Hallloween and VDay are hard on me. I’m going to have to stay out of the stores.
You ladies have been doing great! Keep up the good work!

eandc2006 02-13-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knm (Post 4943066)
Phewf! Woke up this morning and I'm down the 1.4 I was up the day before, plus another 0.4! I've got a big weekend coming up so if I can manage to maintain this week I'll be happy!

Way to go Sun! This is awesome. TOM is horrible on losses...at least for me. Keep it going!

eandc2006 02-13-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelee10 (Post 4943071)
Hi!
Good compromises Redek, way to work it KNM, good job Sun! I need to get back on the wagon.

I started out okay in January. Went on vacation, had a nice time, though I didn’t get to spend as much time with my younger son. I have the REALLY EMPTY NEST, 2 parents with Alzheimers and sometimes cancer which eats into the time I should be using to find a hobby. Came home, got a little depressed and ended up undoing all my progress with the heavy artillery – all the evil Valentines stuff was everywhere I looked. I succumbed. At first I didn’t gain much weight so I got worse. Then I started coming down with a cold, which I got from my husband who becomes a cranky baby when sick. Anyway, I felt the worst on Tuesday and yesterday. Yesterday I was too sick to eat evil stuff but I didn’t feel like eating meat, salads or vegetables. I did find that I really like the IP chicken noodle soup. And the apple cinnamon crunchies. I believe they’re restricted and I had too many but it was an improvement. I had been working out until I got sick. Today, while I don’t feel terrific, I’m going to stick to IP foods. I’m going to weigh myself which will scare the snot out of me. Then I have to find something soft to eat that is on plan. Maybe some tender chicken and broccoli.
Hallloween and VDay are hard on me. I’m going to have to stay out of the stores.
You ladies have been doing great! Keep up the good work!

OMG I hate being sick OP. Its miserable! All I want is something warm and comforting to put me to bed. Have you tried a homemade noodle soup with veggies, broth, and the rotini? That may help until you are feeling better.

Sunflower40 02-13-2014 01:47 PM

Hi ladies
you guys are doing so well
this week I had terrible issues with the big C so took smooth move tea last night and it really helped this morning
no cheating this week so feeling great to be back on track
KNM you're so awesome. Thanks for sharing your menu with me. It sounds very similar to mine, if/when I use salad dressing, I use store bought and full fat dressing to replace my oil for the day. I refuse to use WF dressings. They're gross. I have my restricted for lunch most days and love the wafers too. This week I've been having the oatmeal for lunch and today I have a wafer. I can't have the brownie, it makes me fart to much lol
I might have to try the rotini with those veggies and the Guy's sauce...sounds yummy. I hate the texture/taste of the rotini. Haven't weighed myself but not expecting great things this week. I need to stay on track this weekend. I have two parties to attend and will be surrounded by food.

Deelee do you have cancer? I'm not sure if I read your post correct? sounds like you are having a tough time with the goodies. Maybe don't buy them or give them away?

eandc I think you meant "way to go knm" lol

eandc2006 02-13-2014 06:00 PM

OMG...yes, you are right...I did mean kmn. I am so out of it today guys!

kdspirited 02-13-2014 08:55 PM

I have to say the weight is coming off much slower this time around. I am glad its winter and I dont have to step out too much but I have been beating myself up about gaining all this weight back. I lost 22 pounds 2 years ago on IP and then allowed myself to gain all of it back +5 more. I have a big event coming up in March and my target was to drop 15lbs by then. It looks like Ill be lucky if I can get to 12. I know I know 12lbs is a lot but I will still be in 140's and I want to be in the 130s by then. Urgggggggghh!

Sunflower40 02-14-2014 06:34 PM

feeling sooo hungry these past couple of days
haven't weighed since last Saturday but I'm not expecting great things for my WI tomorrow. Would be nice to see the 130's but I'm afraid my cheat this past weekend probably knocked me out of ketosis and took me all week to get back in.