Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueAnnie View Post
I'm just finishing week three and it looks like I only lost.3lbs. I'm pretty frustrated as I have been working the plan really hard. I need to see successes on the scale, because I've failed so many times in the past. I want to be successful this time, I don't want to let myself down again. I see others loosing twenty plus pounds in the first month and I am wondering what I am doing wrong!
It would be hard for any of us to answer what you are doing wrong - if this "low" loss is only this one past week, that happens to us all. There are so many factors influencing weight loss, TOM, eating/dieting prior to starting IP, your actual exact diet, your water, oil, and vitamin intake, activity level, stress, salt intake, etc.

All I can see is that in many cases, those who lose 20 pounds the first month start at some pretty high weights to begin with. Almost all of us have had low weeks.

Although the weight does sometimes fall quickly, this is a program you may be on for a while. You need to get used to fluctuations and find the determination and discipline to be absolutely 100% on the program every day - stay the course. As I posted earlier, even when my weight is not going down, my body size is and that means it is working.

Hang in there, examine your eating and water, oil, salt intake minutely. Take a look at the protocol sheet and see if you have missed anything or whether you are 100% OP. Once you have done that, consider talking to your coach for help.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #77  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Working on my presentation for tomorrow plus my lesson plans for the week while watching a Say Yes to the Dress marathon...now i want to go try on wedding dresses as a skinny person! How fun would that be? I have been married for almost 15 years, but I was a size 14-16 when I got married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueAnnie View Post
I'm just finishing week three and it looks like I only lost.3lbs. I'm pretty frustrated as I have been working the plan really hard. I need to see successes on the scale, because I've failed so many times in the past. I want to be successful this time, I don't want to let myself down again. I see others loosing twenty plus pounds in the first month and I am wondering what I am doing wrong!
Believe me, I know how tempting it is, but do not compare yourself to others! A loss is a loss, and this is one week in a lengthy journey toward a healthy weight. Trust me, I get it; many of us do. But you did see a success on the scale- it went down! That is a success!!! If you are following the plan 100%, then you are not doing anything wrong. Keep it up, and you WILL get to your goal. The weight was not put on quickly, and it will not come off quickly...but it WILL come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I agree. A group of about 12-15 of us at work did IP at the same time. Several people initially reported that they were cheating with small amounts of alcohol everyday--maybe 4oz of wine or 2 oz vodka in the evening, or some beer at a weekend party. They continued to lose weight but eventually veered off program entirely, every single one of them.
Every day? Wow. I can totally see why they didn't last on program. I have had maybe two glasses of wine while on P1, which has lasted over four months. I do not miss it much, honestly.

Renee
Old 02-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to throw out there something I observed.... Frustration comes on the third week weigh in. It seems we all get excited for the first two weeks of loss and the third week our bodies are almost playing catch up. Hopefully everyone that saw a small loss will stick with it and see a bigger one in the 4th week! I sure did, and have averaged a loss of 4.5 pounds a week in the first month. Just wanted to throw out an observation and some encouragement!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #79  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
Just wanted to throw out there something I observed.... Frustration comes on the third week weigh in. It seems we all get excited for the first two weeks of loss and the third week our bodies are almost playing catch up. Hopefully everyone that saw a small loss will stick with it and see a bigger one in the 4th week! I sure did, and have averaged a loss of 4.5 pounds a week in the first month. Just wanted to throw out an observation and some encouragement!
Rescue Annie: As you rack up more weeks, the wisdom to look at MONTHLY average weight loss will become more apparent. Although my WIs fluctuated week to week, they invariably averaged to the same monthly loss. Soon if not already, you will notice that your measurements and clothes size shrink, and it will not be on the same schedule as your scale number. Hang in there!

Last edited by mars735; 02-02-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #80  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Hi everyone, I finally had a (my first) weigh in on Thursday and I was down 7 lbs, but apparently it was mostly lean mass, so now I need to eat an extra protein. I was a little confused as I don't totally trust that machine anyway. Is this a ploy to make me buy more products? I am hardly ever hungry but I am making an effort to follow all of the protocol. Thanks!
Remember that lean mass includes everything that is not fat - so water, connective tissue, etc are all included. The scales most clinics use to measure are generally not terribly accurate.

I think adding another packet kind of depends on how well informed you think your coach is and how you feel. I think some clinics suggest 4 packets a day for people over 200 (250?) and, of course, during the first week or so if you're hungry an extra packet is allowed. In my opinion (and this is my opinion only!) if you aren't hungry, your energy is good, you aren't feeling weak and you feel comfortable with 3 packets a day I wouldn't change anything. You could always add an extra egg white or two if you think you aren't getting enough protein.

And congrats on the loss - that is a great start!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #81  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I survived 10 hours at a volleyball tournament yesterday! I ate breakfast before I went. Made Oatmeal/Zucchini muffins to eat there, along with a salad. It went until 7:30 at night, so we went out to dinner after (never thought it would go that late!) and ordered baked salmon with double veggies (steamed, no butter...The Ram was awesome). My daughter ordered a milkshake AND a sundae after...no cheating for me. I ate my lemon pudding when I got home. Felt good about how I did...but I'm sore from sitting on metal bleachers ALL day long!

Today...it's all about the SUPER BOWL and we have our foods planned out. Deviled eggs, chicken strips, veggies, chocolate gems, and a few other snacks that I can have. Then we have lots of other things for the family, but I won't be tempted with any of those.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Working on my presentation for tomorrow plus my lesson plans for the week while watching a Say Yes to the Dress marathon...now i want to go try on wedding dresses as a skinny person! How fun would that be? I have been married for almost 15 years, but I was a size 14-16 when I got married.
Watching the same thing but not working on presentations/lesson plans. Thanks for reminding me I have a few progress reports to print.
My wedding dresses were a 22 in '93 (gown) and 18 in '07 (tea length handkerchief hem)
The PRICES on this show blow me away.
My gown was 750 and it looks like the prices have about doubled from that designer. So 1500, not 10K!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi all here's some pics from the fashion show we did atwork this week. Talk about a doozy of a weekend!

Had a small loss this weekend. .2 lbs
Oh well hoping tha means a whoosh next week.
You look so cute in that dress LOVE IT!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #84  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

NSV - Bought an XL shirt for $4 on the clearance rack without trying it on, and it fit!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Ruth Ann!! I just added egg whites to the chicken noodle soup. It was awesome! I am going to stick with 3 and add a 4th if I am hungry. Thanks! Also, I just made those pudding muffins from the thread on the top of the IP page they are awesome!!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Hey all! Congrats to everyone on their successes and NSV this week! A lot of people on here talk about using teas to curb their cravings and for anyone who hasn't tried that, it works! A specialty tea shop just opened near me (called David's Tea), they have a bunch of cool and interesting flavors. I just got a salted caramel tea that is absolutely delicious and really kicked my craving! Just be sure to check the websites for specialty tea stores to make sure the variety you try doesnt have carbs! Sipping on my tea now, sooo yummy!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #87  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
Thank you, Im on my 3rd week and was reading everyones WI for that week and was almost dreading the scale on Wed, but your post was encouraging...
Old 02-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #88  

Really fighting the "munchy crunchy" cravings this weekend.
I know I could have a crunchy restricted but since this is about cravings, I'm powering thru so as not to feed the cravings (which to me is like feeding the tantruming inner toddler).

The inner child is not in control of the menu!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I have zero appetite this weekend
Old 02-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #90  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I have zero appetite this weekend
Omg I wish I had no appetite. I am PMSing and craving all sorts of bad stuff. Had all 3 packets already today including my restricted Chocolate Brownie. Also had a big mug of Candy Cane Lane tea which helped a bit. Going for coffee with a friend soon so hopefully that will help tame the beast!

I can't help but think your loss of appetite has to do with the tension between you and your DH? Hang in there!
Closed Thread