Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Looking good nola!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Lisa: needed to hear this today, "The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work." Thanks!

Shrinkingsusie: congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are an inspiration to me, as the scale has slowed down. I see your numbers and your weeks and I tell myself, it is working for Susie. Enjoy your sugar scrub, you have earned it.

Last Hurrah and Vippysue, be sure to measure everything, skipping food (veggies and packets) does not help on this program,get your water in, limit sweeteners and vary your animal protein ( I find that when I have beef tenderloin, I have a better loss that week).

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods. They are an hour away. On my list: aminos, bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb. Is there anything else, IP- that you buy at Whole foods?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 194/169/145

Height: 5'4"

Have to say the fact the numbers are going DOWN on the scale is great, compared to the opposite direction, but had the best compliment from my daughter last night - she's noticed since I started this journey that I'm not as "cranky" anymore. Likely because I'm feeling better, have more energy, and overall, feel less stressed about things! ...just another benefit of the IP program!
Have a great day everyone
Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #64  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee50 View Post
Down 23 pounds in one month. Ideal protein works.! Can't say every day is easy, but one of my biggest successes was going to a book group last night prepared with seltzer water and no carb snacks. Missed having a glass of wine, but know that this phase is temporary and once I meet my goal I will be able to have a little wine now and then :dust.
Excellent! Congrats on your loss and your success at book group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
For more information go to this link on Sparkpeople (reputable site) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=893 Although it is true that there are no carbs (or at least less than one) in 1.5 oz of Scotch or Vodka your body will process the calories from alcohol first and everything else gets stored as you-know-what. Alcohol also lowers inhibitions even in moderation (that's why people use it to relax) so that little snack you are offered might get rationalized as OK when we all know it's a slippery slope.

I hate to sound so negative and yes I do use alcohol in moderation (I like fine scotches, good wines, and real potato vodka) but I'm not using it right now while I am carb counting because I know what it does to blood sugar. Part of the problem for alcoholics is a blood sugar issue that sets up the cravings or need for alcohol. NOT accusing anyone who partakes, just stating some facts
Great points! And I agree whole-heartedly with the statement that a drink could lead to off-program snacking, too. Having a drink while trying to follow the program is a very personal choice, so just be aware.

I find it very strange, too, at how my tastes have changed with regard to wine and alcohol. I used to LOVE various types of white wine and sweet mixed drinks. I enjoyed milder reds, too (shiraz, malbec, red blends...) Now, I have tried a number of different white varietals, and they do not taste good to me. I think i am a red girl all the way! (I am not at all upset about that LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi all here's some pics from the fashion show we did atwork this week. Talk about a doozy of a weekend!

Had a small loss this weekend. .2 lbs
Oh well hoping tha means a whoosh next week.
What a cute pic. You look fab, and the dress is adorable! Congrats on your loss, too. Any loss is good.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'6

I'm just finishing week three and it looks like I only lost.3lbs. I'm pretty frustrated as I have been working the plan really hard. I need to see successes on the scale, because I've failed so many times in the past. I want to be successful this time, I don't want to let myself down again. I see others loosing twenty plus pounds in the first month and I am wondering what I am doing wrong!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #66  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Great points! And I agree whole-heartedly with the statement that a drink could lead to off-program snacking, too. Having a drink while trying to follow the program is a very personal choice, so just be aware.
I agree. A group of about 12-15 of us at work did IP at the same time. Several people initially reported that they were cheating with small amounts of alcohol everyday--maybe 4oz of wine or 2 oz vodka in the evening, or some beer at a weekend party. They continued to lose weight but eventually veered off program entirely, every single one of them.

Last edited by mars735; 02-02-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Wisdom to consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yup. Exercise may stall WL. It is good for us but actually can slow the scale. Tiny tears in muscles occur with exercise and they need to repair. Inflammation happens temporarily and that is water weight.
This is why we should not micromanage the scale. And the scale isn't the only measure. Make sure that measuring tape comes out weekly, as well.

Stay off the scale if it stresses you. You can't control it anyway. The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work.
For all those who are struggling when the weight loss numbers do not fall as you might like = please read and reread Lisa's advice and that of Ruth Ann. It is so important that you understand and remember what they have said.

I have struggled with the issue in the past and yes, these past weeks I have been frustrated when the numbers do not fall like I think they should.

What I can tell you is that even with the lack of numbers falling, my size is definitely falling and changing. I have started going religiously to the gym and I am very careful to stay 100%.

So when the scale doesn't do like I want, I go try on clothes that I am waiting to be able to fit - they slide on like butter on a hot griddle (OK, couldn't resist the food analogy!) That feeling of a skirt or pair of pants just zipping on up is great - the zipper doesn't catch or snag, just gliiiiiides up over my hips and back end!

Ultimately, what I want is to feel good and look good. I remind myself of that on those tough days, look at the pile of clothes going to the thrift store, and then at the next outfit I am going to try to wear! (Currently a beautiful pink denim skirt is hanging out for me to see).
Old 02-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
For all those who are struggling when the weight loss numbers do not fall as you might like = please read and reread Lisa's advice and that of Ruth Ann. It is so important that you understand and remember what they have said.

I have struggled with the issue in the past and yes, these past weeks I have been frustrated when the numbers do not fall like I think they should.

What I can tell you is that even with the lack of numbers falling, my size is definitely falling and changing. I have started going religiously to the gym and I am very careful to stay 100%.

So when the scale doesn't do like I want, I go try on clothes that I am waiting to be able to fit - they slide on like butter on a hot griddle (OK, couldn't resist the food analogy!) That feeling of a skirt or pair of pants just zipping on up is great - the zipper doesn't catch or snag, just gliiiiiides up over my hips and back end!

Ultimately, what I want is to feel good and look good. I remind myself of that on those tough days, look at the pile of clothes going to the thrift store, and then at the next outfit I am going to try to wear! (Currently a beautiful pink denim skirt is hanging out for me to see).
This is an excellent self analysis and emphasizes that the addition of exercise after your body adjusts to IP is helpful and the scale is so NOT the best and only indicator you are being successful....And getting healthy!

Last edited by 65X65; 02-02-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Mandy,

Just saw your post about banana pudding, it makes great waffles and muffins. I made banana zucchini waffles last night and really liked them.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone, I finally had a (my first) weigh in on Thursday and I was down 7 lbs, but apparently it was mostly lean mass, so now I need to eat an extra protein. I was a little confused as I don't totally trust that machine anyway. Is this a ploy to make me buy more products? I am hardly ever hungry but I am making an effort to follow all of the protocol. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Super bowl Sunday. Fun!

I got a turkey coupon around Thanksgiving. Since we always go to in-laws for holidays, I bought the turkey and we are having it today! The boys get the fixing, but that is ok, because I love turkey and have lots of veggies to fill in!

Sorry Seattle fans, I have loved Peyton since he was in Indy!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #72  

Good morning,

I am new to 3fatchicks and new to this diet. This is week three and so far so good. This forum has been very helpful.

Just got back from 4 days of travel so it was a great test for eating out!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Lisa: needed to hear this today, "The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work." Thanks!

Shrinkingsusie: congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are an inspiration to me, as the scale has slowed down. I see your numbers and your weeks and I tell myself, it is working for Susie. Enjoy your sugar scrub, you have earned it.

Last Hurrah and Vippysue, be sure to measure everything, skipping food (veggies and packets) does not help on this program,get your water in, limit sweeteners and vary your animal protein ( I find that when I have beef tenderloin, I have a better loss that week).

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods. They are an hour away. On my list: aminos, bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb. Is there anything else, IP- that you buy at Whole foods?
Jicama!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #74  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Hi everyone, I finally had a (my first) weigh in on Thursday and I was down 7 lbs, but apparently it was mostly lean mass, so now I need to eat an extra protein. I was a little confused as I don't totally trust that machine anyway. Is this a ploy to make me buy more products? I am hardly ever hungry but I am making an effort to follow all of the protocol. Thanks!
Congratulations! The machines are not foolproof. It doesn't sound like a ploy to get you to buy more food, rather a way to preserve your lean mass and prevent your metabolism from slowing down to conserve energy. Whether or not you follow this recommendation, be sure to get in ALL of the other items on the protocol each & every day, even if you aren't hungry. Each one has a specific purpose and will lead to the best results.

Last edited by mars735; 02-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, Mars. I am making my first batch of cauliflower rice today... this with chicken breast in the crockpot with and hot sauce will be my super bowl dinner!
Closed Thread