Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
SarahBell - I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time at Planet Fitness. If you can gather yourself together, would it b worth addressing the issue of the mean conversation with the manager or even a regional manager?

Beyond the personal angst you went through, I can understand how emotionally devastating this must be to NOT have a place where you can get the exercise in a safe place. It is hard for many of us who are uncomfortable with our size to walk into a gym, much less to go regularly. It would be shattering to be brave and courageous and go to sign up and get such a bad "welcome".

I guess their ads about being a gym for the non-jock are not entirely true. Send you plenty of hugs and strength.
I have not even set foot in there yet that is the sad part
Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #47  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Treated myself to a collagen sugar scrub to celebrate reaching my lowest weight in the last ten years! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, it smells so good!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #48  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Treated myself to a collagen sugar scrub to celebrate reaching my lowest weight in the last ten years! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, it smells so good!
Sounds awesome! Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
You nailed It on the head. Money is not the issue on this, it is the fact that this would entail me leaving the house for about an HOUR a few days a week, where I can work out with out having someone telling my to get off it's my turn now, or momma my ride (my 2 year old loves to sit on the ellipitical and ride it) or try to use the Xbox Kinect work outs that I have with out someone coming down wanting to play on it or have their turn!

I wanted to get the black card membership $19 + tax a month so that DH and I can go at the same time and work out together AND have a personal trainer at our disposal at no cost.

When the person who is suppose to be your support calls you ugly names, throws out hurtful alligations and yells at you then ignores you because you make a choice to get into a 1 year contract with a place that is nation wide and is located where we want to move to if we sell our house this spring.............it hurts more than you know.

I just do not know what to do, I just glared at
The thing is dh wants to lose weight and needs to BUT on his terms which means him going to Anytime fitness for 3 months with out me.

I would rather spend $20 a month NOW than thousands later for open heart surgery!
Sarah- This pains me...
So sorry the problem was your family and not the gym. I think a lot of folks here think the meanness happened at PF..and did not catch that the problem you spoke of came from what should have been from your own support network/family. You need special support for more than weight loss...and I'm not sure all of what you need can come from a forum like this. Psychological and verbal abuse is destructive and hard to overcome with out professional help. Is there someone you can talk to 1:1? Are you safe? Please consider getting help if you are not. You are worth it.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #50  
Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 199/165/140

Height: 5'7"

Default 1st month

Down 23 pounds in one month. Ideal protein works.! Can't say every day is easy, but one of my biggest successes was going to a book group last night prepared with seltzer water and no carb snacks. Missed having a glass of wine, but know that this phase is temporary and once I meet my goal I will be able to have a little wine now and then :dust.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #51  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Just had my third weekly weigh in and I'm down a total 13 lbs, in three weeks! Go me!
I was telling my coach, even thought I'm 201, my body feels like it did when I was weighing 175lbs. Does that even make sense? Has anyone experienced this? GL everyone this week!
Thats fab, I go in Wednesday for my week 3 WI. Keep up the work, I have been feeling great too even thou its only been 2 weeks. congrats!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #52  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee50 View Post
Down 23 pounds in one month. Ideal protein works.! Can't say every day is easy, but one of my biggest successes was going to a book group last night prepared with seltzer water and no carb snacks. Missed having a glass of wine, but know that this phase is temporary and once I meet my goal I will be able to have a little wine now and then :dust.
Congrats Suebee - that is an awesome loss for a month! You're right - it's not always easy but the results are so worth it!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #53  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORgeek View Post
Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time
Just wanted to say Hi, we are almost the same starting weight. I def have seen a tremendous increase in my mood
Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #54  
Start date 1-13-14

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

My weigh ins are Mondays. My scale hasn't moved from my weigh in. I'm finishing up week three. Wondering why my weight is stalling? I'm following the plan 100 %.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:02 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
One of the docs in my workplace who lost >100lbs on IP told me he drinks scotch because it has no carbs.
For more information go to this link on Sparkpeople (reputable site) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=893 Although it is true that there are no carbs (or at least less than one) in 1.5 oz of Scotch or Vodka your body will process the calories from alcohol first and everything else gets stored as you-know-what. Alcohol also lowers inhibitions even in moderation (that's why people use it to relax) so that little snack you are offered might get rationalized as OK when we all know it's a slippery slope.

I hate to sound so negative and yes I do use alcohol in moderation (I like fine scotches, good wines, and real potato vodka) but I'm not using it right now while I am carb counting because I know what it does to blood sugar. Part of the problem for alcoholics is a blood sugar issue that sets up the cravings or need for alcohol. NOT accusing anyone who partakes, just stating some facts
Old 02-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #56  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
For more information go to this link on Sparkpeople (reputable site) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=893 Although it is true that there are no carbs (or at least less than one) in 1.5 oz of Scotch or Vodka your body will process the calories from alcohol first and everything else gets stored as you-know-what. Alcohol also lowers inhibitions even in moderation (that's why people use it to relax) so that little snack you are offered might get rationalized as OK when we all know it's a slippery slope.

I hate to sound so negative and yes I do use alcohol in moderation (I like fine scotches, good wines, and real potato vodka) but I'm not using it right now while I am carb counting because I know what it does to blood sugar. Part of the problem for alcoholics is a blood sugar issue that sets up the cravings or need for alcohol. NOT accusing anyone who partakes, just stating some facts
Another issue is that alcohol interferes with fat metabolism in the liver, slowing weight loss.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #57  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Hurrah View Post
My weigh ins are Mondays. My scale hasn't moved from my weigh in. I'm finishing up week three. Wondering why my weight is stalling? I'm following the plan 100 %.
There are so many reasons that your weight may not go down on a day to day basis - water retention, TOM, big C or you could be losing inches and not pounds (that happens a lot). If you are staying 100% and getting all your oil, water, etc. in you just have to be patient with yourself, the pounds will come off.

If weighing daily is going to make you stressed, you might consider just weighing at your official weigh in. Remember, the scale is just one measure of progress - how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc. all play a part. The scale is just a measure of that one point in time, not your overall progress.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Hurrah View Post
I'm there with you. Same time (3weeks), same result, no scale movement. I'm feeling discouraged and not sure what I'm doing wrong. My scale has even gone up a lb in the last 2 days and I went for a 2+ mi walk/run yesterday. :-(

I guess we have just got to hang in there and power through. I'm encouraged by all those having great success.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
I'm there with you. Same time (3weeks), same result, no scale movement. I'm feeling discouraged and not sure what I'm doing wrong. My scale has even gone up a lb in the last 2 days and I went for a 2+ mi walk/run yesterday. :-(

I guess we have just got to hang in there and power through. I'm encouraged by all those having great success.
Yup. Exercise may stall WL. It is good for us but actually can slow the scale. Tiny tears in muscles occur with exercise and they need to repair. Inflammation happens temporarily and that is water weight.
This is why we should not micromanage the scale. And the scale isn't the only measure. Make sure that measuring tape comes out weekly, as well.

Stay off the scale if it stresses you. You can't control it anyway. The plan works. Just not always on our timeline. Let it work.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-02-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #60  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default Fashion show

Hi all here's some pics from the fashion show we did atwork this week. Talk about a doozy of a weekend!

Had a small loss this weekend. .2 lbs
Oh well hoping tha means a whoosh next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.3 KB, 42 views)
Closed Thread