Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Luccilove: Great job on the WI this week. I too feel like I do slower weight loss before TOM, but then I do better when I have it and a week or so after. I just started noticing this, glad to know I am not the only one.

Kooky: Glad you are back. I too get discouraged a couple of days/week a month, not sure why. I try to come here more often for motivation and also go to pinterest and look up motivating stuff there. Helps to keep me going.

Wine4me: It is hard when we only lose a pound a week but you are so close to goal, keep plugging along, you will get there.

I started jogging the other day. I downloaded an app that is going to eventually make me run 5k. I am taking it slow and if I need to do days/weeks over I am ok with that. Kind of embarrased to tell people about the running, is this weird? I think I am worried about not being able to do it.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I feel like I am stuck a repeating movie loop, where everyday is Monday. Believe me, that is not a good thing when you are working with 7 th graders! We just can not get into a groove with all of these snow days .

Want2b- I think it is great that you want to run a 5k. I use Pinterest a lot too for recipes and motivation.

I get frustrated and sick of IP too, especially since I am in such a slow down/ stand still. But then I think, where would I be if I give in and slip? Worse off. I am trying to be grateful for what I have now, smaller body, lower blood pressure and most of the time a happier attitude. But on a day like today, I am thankful for my stubborn determination to stay 100% OP because I want pizza!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #48  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Congrats JIG on your Seattle SuperBowl win!!! It was a blow out - great game. I was thinking of you and hope you didnt go to overboard food wise!
WOOT!!! Thanks Lucci! It's been a fun season and I've looked forward to either my Seahawks or Mariners bringing home a championship to the Pacific Northwest for a long time! I did ok food wise, but I did indulge in a few beers. Trying not to beat myself up over it. Just means I have to work a little harder going forward. I've spent 26 years creating bad eating habits, not going to be able to break them in just a few months, though I'm already worlds ahead of where I was at. Dropped 3 lbs at my last weigh in so I'm lurking just above that 300 lb line. Going to hopefully be there by my next weigh in!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #49  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I get frustrated and sick of IP too, especially since I am in such a slow down/ stand still. But then I think, where would I be if I give in and slip? Worse off. I am trying to be grateful for what I have now, smaller body, lower blood pressure and most of the time a happier attitude. But on a day like today, I am thankful for my stubborn determination to stay 100% OP because I want pizza!
Glad you feel this way too. God, I miss pizza!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

JIG--U are so close!!! We are cheering for you!!! I think it is ok you splurged on the Super Bowl especially since it was your team that was in it and won it. No need to beat yourself up over it. And good for you for getting back on track immediately after.

I know this is a big deal for Seattle. We use to live in Renton, WA for 2.5 years on Lake Washington.

We are suppose to get a bad freezing rain all night and all day tom in DC area so I am staying in and going to try some new IP recipes.

Has anyone made turnip fries? Dont think I have had a turnip - what do they taste like? Curious...
Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #51  

Hi,

Made chocolate IP waffles tonight. IP chocolate drink packet, 1 egg, 1 ounce da Vinci chocolate flavor syrup, 1 ounce of water. Stir and cook in waffle iron. It was good!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Luccilove: Great job on the WI this week. I too feel like I do slower weight loss before TOM, but then I do better when I have it and a week or so after. I just started noticing this, glad to know I am not the only one.

Kooky: Glad you are back. I too get discouraged a couple of days/week a month, not sure why. I try to come here more often for motivation and also go to pinterest and look up motivating stuff there. Helps to keep me going.

Wine4me: It is hard when we only lose a pound a week but you are so close to goal, keep plugging along, you will get there.

I started jogging the other day. I downloaded an app that is going to eventually make me run 5k. I am taking it slow and if I need to do days/weeks over I am ok with that. Kind of embarrased to tell people about the running, is this weird? I think I am worried about not being able to do it.
Thank you! I realized I need to regularly visit these boards to stay motivated. Pinterest us great for recipes and exercise ideas. I've tried more of the recipes than exercise.

That's awesome that you're signed up for a 5k. When is it? As far as telling people, maybe you could just tell the people who have been really supportive of you with IP. Those same people would probably be proud of you for your running and signing up for a 5k. We're here to support you too. At least you've told us. Maybe there are some runners on 3FC who could give you advise about training for a 5k. Or I'm sure Pinterest has a schedule to get you ready for the event too. Any way you decide to go about it, that's great and I admire you for getting started on an exercise plan.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #53  

Good morning everyone! WI day for me, down another 3.8lbs!!! Very happy with that number today!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

want2bskinnyagain--congrats on the donation!!! Way to go!!!! Keep it up!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Good morning everyone! WI day for me, down another 3.8lbs!!! Very happy with that number today!!!
Yay! Congrats!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #56  

Excellent WI, Want2b!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #57  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
JIG--U are so close!!! We are cheering for you!!! I think it is ok you splurged on the Super Bowl especially since it was your team that was in it and won it. No need to beat yourself up over it. And good for you for getting back on track immediately after.

I know this is a big deal for Seattle. We use to live in Renton, WA for 2.5 years on Lake Washington.
Thanks again Lucci! It's been a long time coming so yes, it's a big deal for Seattle and all of Washington!

A large portion of my mom's side of the family lives in Puyallup and around there.

Congrats on the weigh-in Want2b!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #58  

I lost 4 lbs this week, so I basically neutralized what I gained last time. I'm happy to be back closer to Onederland.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #59  

Hi,

Kooky glad that you are heading toward Onederland again and back on track

Jig, did you go to the Parade?

Made a good lunch today. Chicken burger with dried cilantro and jalapeņo, onion powder, wrapped in iceberg lettuce with a squeeze of lime.

Home again today, with snow, sleet and rain. This winter is brutal! Keep telling myself that spring will be here soon. Going to go to the flower show in Hartford Feb. 20th. How are all of you coping with the weather?
Old 02-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #60  

Kooky: I didn't actually sign up for a 5k. I am on my treadmill working towards running 5k in distance, but my goal is to run that far before April 27th(my 40th birthday). Way to get back on track.

Slip: I was cold all the time before the cold weather! LOL I am drinking alot more tea then I normally would. It has got to get warmer soon, right?
Closed Thread