Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 3 of 24
Go to
  • Slip,

Have you heard anything about school tomorrow?? supposed to be awful tomorrow morning...
  • I have lost all the weight I regained plus a few pounds more! I set my new goal at what I weighed when I graduated from college. I have 30 more pounds to lose. One of my friends that I was riding with Saturday disapproves of my diet. She kinda made me feel disapproved of and that put me into a funk. That was the feeling I had most of my adult life. I realize now what a struggle I put myself through and thankfully I usually don't feel that way now. But, that day interacting with Her brought it all back. It made me realize why I lived most of my adult life obese, because I was too emotionally distraught. Part of getting through that was working through my relationship with my mother. Another part was coming to an awareness of where I am in life. I've done alright and I'm satisfied with that. I feel ok with myself now, I don't feel judged any more and that's a good feeling. Just wanted to share ...
  • Sekc14- it is a good thing that you recognized your emotional triggers and have learned how to handle them. As for your friend, I say consider the source. She does not sound like a very supportive friend. You are an adult, making a decision about how to deal with your health. Why does she feel entitled to an opinion, let alone disapproval? You are satisfied by IP and happy with your life that is enough.

Kawaii, no word on school. But obviously, I can not sleep
  • Happy Monday!!! Pouring rain in the VA/DC area. MY FAVORITE recipe so far on IP

It took me a while to find this but this is by far my favorite IP recipe. It was from one of the IP videos. It is so easy to make and you can try all combos. I even bought the Whoopie Pan at BBB ($6.99) plus use your 20% off coupon and it is on clearance and it really makes a great unrestricted item. I made some yesterday and add some WF products IE strawberry, peanut butter, pancake syrups. So yummy. I have also tried it with the vanilla packet in a regular muffin tin also excellent. I do not have the Torani Syrups

"Double Chocolate" Cookies Recipe

By "Coach Mindy"

You are probably thinking, there is no such thing as an Ideal Protein cereal drink product. You are right; however, when you combine two products--Crispy Cereal and Chocolate Drink Mix, you can make fabulous, easy, filling non-restricted cookies.

I am going to give you the "basic recipe". You can change it based on your preferences. Try it with different syrups or extracts. Share the recipe. Pass it around. We can learn so much from each other!

Ingredients:

1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
    1 Packet of Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix (Do not use Chocolate Pudding or the Chocolate Pre--Made. This recipe is for the Chocolate Drink Mix. You can make this recipe with the Vanilla Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix also. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.)
    2 Egg whites
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    2 teaspoons of olive oil
    1-2 teaspoons Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda. Also, there are many other Torani Sugar Free Syrups that would be delicious in this recipe--the choice is yours!

Directions:

This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.

Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you do not have this pan, bake in a cake pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. 1/2 the cake equals one product.
  • Congrats JIG on your Seattle SuperBowl win!!! It was a blow out - great game. I was thinking of you and hope you didnt go to overboard food wise!

Here is something I never thought about. Good question to ask when you think you are hungry vs craving something. This was a comment from the IP videos. Regarding Hunger

Jae Peacock from IP Says:

"You may to decipher between cravings and hunger. Are you hungry enough to eat a tomato? If so then you know its time for a meal or a salad. Are you hungry enough to eat a chocolate cake? Then you are probably dealing with the more emotional aspects of eating. "
  • sekc14: I think people are so fast to judge IP is because they don't know alot about it. I think if they read about it and understood the plan they would see that it works and it is a great plan. You are doing a great job, keep it up and don't listen to your "friend" anymore.

Luccilove: That is a good idea. The other day I told DH that I was hungry, he looked at me and said, drink some water! I was pissed at first but of course I had water and was fine!

Happy IP Monday!!!
  • Good morning,

Snow Day again! Wednesday is not looking good for us either.

Woke up feeling tired today. Scale is back at 188. Need to think about what to take out for dinner. Also need to get some laundry done.

Luccilove- thanks for the recipe! I use the craving test, but say in pickle instead of a tomato.

Want2b- don't think I would respond well to "drink some water" lol. But it is usually what get me through the hungry times.
  • Slipfree--I would do pickle as well good point. Pick your veggie!

Had my WI this AM. Lost 3.5 lbs!!! Really surprised since I had my TOM last week. It is weird I always do good when I have my TOM. Coach cant believe it. Really getting into a groove/zone here - it is good for me. I am sort of trying to make this my full time job - the IP diet.

sekc14-where in VA are you from? I am in Alexandria, VA area
  • Slipfree--For your banana zucchini waffles - when do you eat this? And does this count as 1 unrestricted and 2 cups of veggies? Do you think this will work as a pancake - I dont have a waffle maker/grill.
  • Hi everyone,

Laundry is getting done, fire in the fireplace and the snow is still coming down.

Chicken burger for dinner tonight, wrapped in Boston Lettuce.

Getting a bit stir crazy being stuck in the house so much this winter.
  • Yay Luccilove 3.5 pounds! Fantastic!

The zucchini/banana waffles are good any time. I have had them for breakfast and dessert. 1 unrestricted, 2 protein and 2 veggies. My zucchini was frozen so it had lost a lt of water. You may be able to make it with one cup of zucchini. Have not tried it as a pancake but I bet it would work. Trick will be getting it to cook crispier.
  • Hi Everyone! I'm baaaack! I took a little detour from IP for a week, but I'm back OP until I hit my goal. I missed you guys and congrats on all of your successes. It really inspired me to get back OP to see how well you are all doing.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone! I'm baaaack! I took a little detour from IP for a week, but I'm back OP until I hit my goal. I missed you guys and congrats on all of your successes. It really inspired me to get back OP to see how well you are all doing.
    Welcome Back! I have been lurking, and not very motivated with my slow losses. 1 pound last week, I know I have to be patient and work the program!

Nice to read all your posts!
  • Quote: Slipfree--I would do pickle as well good point. Pick your veggie!

Had my WI this AM. Lost 3.5 lbs!!! Really surprised since I had my TOM last week. It is weird I always do good when I have my TOM. Coach cant believe it. Really getting into a groove/zone here - it is good for me. I am sort of trying to make this my full time job - the IP diet.

sekc14-where in VA are you from? I am in Alexandria, VA area
    Congrats on your weigh in, esp for TOM!
  • Quote: Welcome Back! I have been lurking, and not very motivated with my slow losses. 1 pound last week, I know I have to be patient and work the program!

Nice to read all your posts!
    Thank you...I'm sure it's frustrating that you're so close to goal and the scale is moving slowly. I'm sure you'll get there soon!