What won't you miss

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I am hoping to get back the energy I had in my thin days. I won't miss the deep breathing / burning while trying to keep up with others walking. I won't miss the thighs rubbing together or the trouble finding boots. I will not miss my doctor telling me all my vital signs, except for my weight, are fine, but if I don't lose, they will not be. She adds that I am very lucky my stats and my joints are still okay, but I must lose weight to keep them that way.
  • Hip length T-Shirts...
  • Realizing that I have no recent pictures of mine.
  • Wearing black all the time because it makes me look slimmer
    Wearing a cardigan at work everyday to help cover up the pieces of me I don't like
    Bras being uncomfortable and making my back fat all bubbly under shirts...
    Not going swimming at my friends pool, or on her boat because I feel self conscious
    Men not opening doors for me
  • Holy Moly I can relate to so many of these "won't misses".
    My big ones are avoiding pictures and the pool...especially since last year was my daughters first year of life and I did both. I can think of only two pictures that I am in with her.
    I don't want to continue this behavior for my sake and my daughters.
  • I don't miss hating to fly as I could not fit the small seats. I do not miss wearing dark clothes to hide my body. I do not miss thinking that everyone is staring at me while I am overweight when I am eating. I do not miss having to buy new clothes because I have gained weight. I also hated to have my picture taken. I do not miss hating to return to my family having gained weight since they saw me.

Ip works.
  • I agree with the thigh friction and the joyful under fat roll sweat.... uhh not fun.
  • I won't miss shopping at plus size stores, paying twice as much for clothes that are half as nice as "regular" sized clothes.

I won't miss people telling me that obviously the "you look like your dog" thing isn't true in my case (I own a greyhound).

I won't miss being the "fat friend".

I won't miss people amused stares/questions when they see me eating healthy food. (What!? Are those carrots!? YOU EAT VEGETABLES?)

I won't miss people telling me how to lose weight and what worked for them.
  • I won't miss:

Having to wear what happens to fit in my closet instead of what I want to wear
    Shorts riding up incessantly
    Back fat
  • Quote: I agree with the thigh friction and the joyful under fat roll sweat.... uhh not fun.
    I used to coin this my "chub rub"...I had to buy that anti-chafing gel for the summers if I wore a skirt, eegad.

I'm happy to say that I can state this in the present I DON'T miss hiding my stomach and hips with large sweatshirts and oversize long elastic-waisted skirts. I DON'T miss buying medium and large sized clothes. I especially DON'T miss feeling terribly self-conscious when I was on the spinning bike at my old co-ed gym...horrible feeling knowing that my flab was hanging out everywhere and likely making some people disgusted to look at me (that was how I thought about it). The biggest thing for me though, I can walk around in my b-day suit in front of my bf without feeling ashamed <==this was a huge hurdle for me.
  • Watching my kids playing, riding bikes, swimming! Now I'm doing it right along with them!
  • I won't miss finding clothes that I like and then being disappointed that they don't come in plus size.
  • I will not miss exposing my butt crack to any and everyone when I sit because no pant size in the world wants to cover it up.

I will not miss getting winded just walking and talking to my friends... so embarrassing.. especially in short distances.

I will not miss never wanting to move because it takes too much effort. I mean.. I can be pretty lazy but my lack of energy at this weight is just so unhealthy.

Also, all of these that I have read are so SPOT ON. lol I wont miss ANY of it.
  • Thighs chaffing together is a big one too. I will definitely NOT miss that!!
  • I won't miss my double chin!