honey mustard chicken

• Hey all, just wondering if anyone has tried baking chicken breasts with the walden farms honey dijon dressing. Im looking for a quick dinner and have the dressing on hand... does it bake well on the chicken? any tips are appreciated!

hope everyone is having a good week!
  • I haven't tried it with WF honey mustard, but this recipe is great. I picked it up somewhere on 3FC. I've only tried it on the grill.

I know this doesn't really answer your question.

Maple Mustard Chicken (great for all phases)

Ingredients

1/3 cup ground mustard (no sugar added)

3 tablespoons Walden Farms maple syrup (optional)

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

6-8 chicken breasts

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 tablespoon olive oil

Instructions

Combine the first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Add half of the mixture in a zip-lock bag and reserve the remaining mixture. Add the chicken to the bag and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours, or longer. The more the chicken sits, the more the flavors will mix together and taste even better!

Preheat grill or a large skillet on medium-high heat and add a tablespoon or so of fat.

Remove chicken from the baggy. Add a bit of sea salt on the chicken, and place the chicken on the grill or in the skillet to cook. The chicken will need cook for about 8-10 minutes on both sides or until done. If you are cooking in a skillet and want the chicken to cook a bit quicker, add a bit of water and cover to let the steaming begin.

Serve the chicken on top of any sort of veggies you like and top with reserved mustard mixture. I used a mixture of zucchini noodles (zucchini sliced thin with a mandoline) and some broccoli, which i sautéed up with the chicken when it was almost done cooking!
  • Thanks Lynnie63. I'm going to try this today--looks delish!
  • I did it with the WF dressing. I baked the breast until it was mostly done and then topped it with just a little of the dressing for the last 10 minutes or so. Tasted wonderful.
  • I also mix equal parts Dijon mustard (Maille has no wine) and WF apricot jelly or orange jelly) over the breast when I cook it and it's yummy. You can wrap it up like a roll-up, but it takes longer.

I found that one here somewhere as well.

I'm not a big fan of just plain chicken breasts. We've also gone to Penzey's spices (have one in West Hartford) and gotten a lot of their spice blends for meat. You can smell them - just watch for the sugar - but a lot of them don't have it. They also have a catalog, but it's nice to go to the store if there's one by you.
  • Quote: I also mix equal parts Dijon mustard (Maille has no wine) and WF apricot jelly or orange jelly) over the breast when I cook it and it's yummy. You can wrap it up like a roll-up, but it takes longer.

I found that one here somewhere as well.

I'm not a big fan of just plain chicken breasts. We've also gone to Penzey's spices (have one in West Hartford) and gotten a lot of their spice blends for meat. You can smell them - just watch for the sugar - but a lot of them don't have it. They also have a catalog, but it's nice to go to the store if there's one by you.
    Thanks for the great tips. My go-to when I'm not in a creative mood is making a dipping sauce of WF Thick n Spicy BBQ sauce with WF mayo. It tastes good and is satisfying.
  • Quote: I haven't tried it with WF honey mustard, but this recipe is great. I picked it up somewhere on 3FC. I've only tried it on the grill.

I know this doesn't really answer your question.

Maple Mustard Chicken (great for all phases)

Ingredients

1/3 cup ground mustard (no sugar added)

3 tablespoons Walden Farms maple syrup (optional)

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

6-8 chicken breasts

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 tablespoon olive oil

Instructions

Combine the first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Add half of the mixture in a zip-lock bag and reserve the remaining mixture. Add the chicken to the bag and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours, or longer. The more the chicken sits, the more the flavors will mix together and taste even better!

Preheat grill or a large skillet on medium-high heat and add a tablespoon or so of fat.

Remove chicken from the baggy. Add a bit of sea salt on the chicken, and place the chicken on the grill or in the skillet to cook. The chicken will need cook for about 8-10 minutes on both sides or until done. If you are cooking in a skillet and want the chicken to cook a bit quicker, add a bit of water and cover to let the steaming begin.

Serve the chicken on top of any sort of veggies you like and top with reserved mustard mixture. I used a mixture of zucchini noodles (zucchini sliced thin with a mandoline) and some broccoli, which i sautéed up with the chicken when it was almost done cooking!
    Made this recipe this weekend and it was awesome! Going to be a new staple for sure! Thanks so much for the great suggestion!
  • For a quick flavor boost for chicken, I just discovered WF balsamic vinaigrette tastes really good on chicken right after comes out of the oven. It has a strange taste as a marinade, but as it a topping for hot chicken, it's yummy.

Some of the WF dressings become more runny and taste a sweeter after they sit in the fridge over a week or two after opening. So, I try to use them up quickly, like this one.