Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Thank you everyone for all your responses and validating that I am not wrong to be upset about this.

I did say to her last night that I was taken aback by her attitude and didn't understand why my weekly losses should be taken as a "strike". She is away on vacation next week and suggested that I just take the week with no WI as a time to "reflect on my goals". I said no - I wanted to WI with one of the other coaches (there are three of them) so she said fine I could meet with one of the others who perhaps could "discuss my situation further". I then got quite ticked and said "Frankly, I don't see that I have a situation here at all - and I'm getting angry so had better leave now". And we left it at that.

So I've got my next WI on Saturday with another coach (5 days between WI instead of my usual 7). Will see how that goes.
You've gotten some great advice today.
Call the owner and have a very frank chat.
That way it can all be done "ouside" of your WI time.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #32  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am joining Plant Fitness Friday!!! I stopped in and took a tour this AM and this will be an excellent fit for me and DH. I need this to keep my wits about me. I can swing $19 a month to do something for ME!
Good for you SarahBell! You'll be glad you did.

GettinHealthyNow... Wow, I am shocked and mad for you. We are all in your corner and you have been given great advice. Good luck and I am so sorry that you've had to put up with this. 50# ROCKS! It's awesome. No if ands or buts about it.

Mmmmmm... People have been mentioning pancakes/waffles.... I may need to consider a new breakfast idea. Sounds like a yummy warm breakfast. Warm would be nice

Happy Tuesday all!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #33  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm starting to drown in my clothes again, and today a guy I work with was like "whoa, did you lose a bunch more weight in the last few days?!" I just told him I'm trying to put off buying clothes lol. I feel as though I'm starting to lose a lot of inches, like my skin is playing catch up.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Vippysue: congrats on your losses!

Shrinkingsusie: great nsv's! Bony butt and baggy clothes! Yay!

GHN: oh boy, I am at a loss for words. I would just echo what everyone else is saying. Support is so important and her comments would have been hard for me to take. I am mad, mad, mad for you!

Staceyhay: congrats on your 4 lbs loss! That is stellar!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

GHN ---I just wanted to say congrats on 2 levels. 1) for the 50 gone- that rocks!
and 2) for keeping your cool in an awkward situation. She is in the wrong line of work if she can't be positive for her clients. So hurray from us!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #36  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagn View Post
GHN ---I just wanted to say congrats on 2 levels. 1) for the 50 gone- that rocks!
and 2) for keeping your cool in an awkward situation. She is in the wrong line of work if she can't be positive for her clients. So hurray from us!
I second that! This "coach" has some serious baggage that has nothing to do with you. You managed to lose 50 lbs in spite of her! You have what it takes inside you to reach your goal.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Gettinghealthynow-
Congrats on your 50 lbs lose.
I echo everyone's advice and look forward to hearing how your chat went. It sounds abusive what you went thru. It sounded like you handled yourself so well.

Sarahbell - enjoy the new gym!

I went and bought new pants today and was so surprised and happy to fit into size 15 which is out of the Plus dept. I haven't worn size 15 since before the twins were born.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #38  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I went and bought new pants today and was so surprised and happy to fit into size 15 which is out of the Plus dept. I haven't worn size 15 since before the twins were born.
Congratulations on the major NSV Jenny38! I kinda miss the Macy's plus size dept. The sales staff were the best--friendly, gave good fashion advice, and always made sure customers got the lowest price. The regular dept has loads more choices but it's impersonal.

Last edited by mars735; 01-28-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #39  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Absolutely go off on her! You are paying for at service not the other way around!

As far as structure, I need it as well and have found that by being active here, I still have structure. Maybe it's in my head,but I don't want to disappoint the ladies and gents here by slipping up.

65x65,Lisa, and RuthAnnimpart lots of wisdom and a swift kick in the butt when needed,lol Thank you ladies!
You're so sweet nolasmurf

This board has been such a huge help for me - I get so many ideas, so much motivation and the support is invaluable. Everyone should get a great big hug!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #40  

thanks nolasmurf
I help here because I believe I need to give away what I have been freely given in order to keep it

I'm glad it is helpful to others, as well.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Lots of conversations going on today! It's good when there is so much activity ..! Challenging to keep up with it all!
Good questions and "aw shucks" comments..thx Nola! You and Schenectady are both becoming voices of experience and common sense around here yourselves. Much needed with so many new members..and such varied experiences. New members should know, there is not much they will encounter that someone here has not lived too.

Was tied up most of today playing family "travel agent .."...finally nailed down and about ready to book our family vacation in the nxt 36 hrs! Three families out of three cities...first week of June! Sun and sand sounds wonderful as again, we await more snow here tonight...hope our southern folks are safe and warm tonight. Stay home...you don't have the salt trucks and the plows...it will melt...and you will surely see spring long before it arrives in most of the rest of the country! (What will Punxatawney Phil see on Sunday morning?)🌞
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #42  
Fat Kimmie

S/C/G: 197.5/189/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Thank you everyone for all your responses and validating that I am not wrong to be upset about this.

I did say to her last night that I was taken aback by her attitude and didn't understand why my weekly losses should be taken as a "strike". She is away on vacation next week and suggested that I just take the week with no WI as a time to "reflect on my goals". I said no - I wanted to WI with one of the other coaches (there are three of them) so she said fine I could meet with one of the others who perhaps could "discuss my situation further". I then got quite ticked and said "Frankly, I don't see that I have a situation here at all - and I'm getting angry so had better leave now". And we left it at that.

So I've got my next WI on Saturday with another coach (5 days between WI instead of my usual 7). Will see how that goes.

Thanks everyone - as usual you are all so helpful.
Why not save some money and buy alternatives? Keep a scale at home and weigh in yourself?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all - feeling discouraged and a bit angry this morning. Had my WI with my coach last night, and hit 50 pounds down. Great, right? Well, she didn't think so and has threatened to "fire" me from her program - I'm on strike one. Apparently I am not losing fast enough. They only want complete success stories and don't want people on the program who don't fall in to the 3-4 pounds lost each week associated with their clinic. I was shocked.

I will admit that no - my head has not been in the game as much as it should since Christmas but I have continued to lose each and every week, and I'm certainly not going on any binges - my crimes have been not drinking enough water, not weighing my dinner meat (so likely having too much) and erring on the side of chocolate packets twice a day instead of the non-creamy options. But she didn't go into any of that. No questions or discussions as to why my losses have slowed, just an immediate assumption that I've gone off the rails and been cheating.

The whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun). Not about the program (due to my involvement here with all of you) but certainly about this clinic. I'm still just a bit stunned and not sure what my next steps should be. I'm afraid to leave them all together because the structure is what's been successful for me - but I think I'll go off on this woman if I have to keep seeing her. Sigh. Talk me down, ladies.
Are you serious?50 lbs in 5 months! I would have told her where she could put her overpriced IP packets & switch to alternatives. What a B!tch, can't believe she spoke to you like that. I would contact her boss too. Congrats on the 50lbs loss, that is awesome....

Last edited by Bellamack; 01-28-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #44  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

GettingHealthy,

It's late and I'm tired from working today, but I just had to chime in too! We are all behind you. I am mad for you as well. If I was in your shoes, just the thought of checking in with this negative, uncongratulatory woman every week would send my stress levels skyrocketing! And we know how bad stress levels are for weight loss! Definitely vote for the new coach and a talk with the owner. There no telling how many other people she is having a negative affect on. They should want to know. I wish the best for you. And congratulations on the 50 pounds!!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #45  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I picked up my oldest daughter at the airport today. She's home for a week-long school break from college. She saw me and said, "MOM, you look smaller! Especially in your face...I've never seen it that small!" It felt good! She helped me cook dinner and was super encouraging. So good to have her notice! She left one week after I started, so hadn't seen me in over 3 weeks. Just had to share!
Closed Thread