IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Not sure about sizes changing from years ago but I find it so frustrating how sizes vary so much from brand to brand!

A size 14 in certain companies are too big and others I can't even fit a thigh in
    Yep, I usually bring more than one size to the fitting room because you just do not know.
  • My wedding dress in 1982 was a size 12 and had to be altered because I fell to 135 during that time. It still would not be a 10. I had not started lifting weights yet. When I did start lifting weights, because my body responds quickly and gets very muscley(is that a word, nope), I dropped a full dress size without losing weight. That was in the fall of 82 that I started lifting weights and I have not stopped. Love what weight lifting does for me.
  • Quote: same here! Our parish president just issued a state of emergency and the stores/traffic are crazy!! It's like hurricane prep but with much shorter notice. They called off school for tomorrow and Wednesday. Sadly, I need to make a stop at Rouses for a few things. Wish I didn't. I made a venison chili last week but added a bunch of bell peppers and celery. It was AWESOME. I also made cauli-rice and put my chili on top!
    Love the cauli rice with chili! I swear if I could Id eat it everyday!
  • South and the weather tonight...
    You southern ladies..(and gents)..
    Warm wishes......sounds like you are getting an incredible winter storm....epic proportions...with a lot of ice. So stay and be safe.
  • Quote: Were they a lot cheaper? If it's not a huge difference, than I might just get them at IP still. But it'll save me a good amount, it could be worth checking out some other options.
    No..I did not find them much cheaper...but I did get the exact same ones a tad cheaper on Amazon ...free shipping .... with a prime membership. I only got them from my coach the first time...matter of principle with me I was not going to buy VITAMINS from them that I could get on my own!!
  • Quote: No..I did not find them much cheaper...but I did get the exact same ones a tad cheaper on Amazon ...free shipping .... with a prime membership. I only got them from my coach the first time...matter of principle with me I was not going to buy VITAMINS from them that I could get on my own!!
    The only difference between the ones from IP places and the ones from amazon is the fancy label that says IDEAL PROTEIN and that is all. I buy mine at CVS. I Need more Fish oil ones and potassium
  • Quote: On my home scale, I am down 18 pounds ( from Dec 17).
    I'll weigh in with my coach this afternoon. Crossing fingers, feels like I am down about 3 pounds this week.

Am I the only one that wears the exact same clothes to each weigh-in??
    I TOTALLY do that! My WI is on Saturdays and my DD calls it my Saturday Outfit now.
  • I really Need a coach :(
    I do not have a coach at a center. I have opted to do this sans paying a coach. I now realize that I need a coach or someone other than ME to answer too when I have a 90% week

I should have lost almost double what I have if I would have been 100% but it is hard sooooo sooooo soo hard

Would anyone like to be my coach. my WI is every Friday, I just need that extra kick in the pants to get myself motivated and keep on track. This winter has been rough! I love being outside but when temps drop to -20 or colder for days on end forget getting fresh air and some sun light!

Anyone want to help a struggling SAHM with this ?
  • Sarahbell - I paid for a coach (its a virtual type version) and she is suppose to call me weekly to check in, and I have been doing this for 19 weeks, and I have heard from here MAYBE 10 times at the very most... So I understand the frustration of not having a reliable (or a nonexistent) coach... I am not advanced enough to "coach" you persay, but I could message you every WI, and we can talk about how we did if you'd like
  • Quote: Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!
    Holy Smokes! Many, many congrats to you! What a powerful story! Enjoy your anniversary! I'm so glad you shared!
  • Quote: Sarahbell - I paid for a coach (its a virtual type version) and she is suppose to call me weekly to check in, and I have been doing this for 19 weeks, and I have heard from here MAYBE 10 times at the very most... So I understand the frustration of not having a reliable (or a nonexistent) coach... I am not advanced enough to "coach" you persay, but I could message you every WI, and we can talk about how we did if you'd like
    Deana I would be honored for that!!! We started the same day and you are just look fabulous! PLease PM me every Friday and share your tips!
  • Quote: The only difference between the ones from IP places and the ones from amazon is the fancy label that says IDEAL PROTEIN and that is all. I buy mine at CVS. I Need more Fish oil ones and potassium
    Mine were not IP..they were from Douglas labs...exact same ones on amazon are available
  • Quote: I do not have a coach at a center. I have opted to do this sans paying a coach. I now realize that I need a coach or someone other than ME to answer too when I have a 90% week

I should have lost almost double what I have if I would have been 100% but it is hard sooooo sooooo soo hard

Would anyone like to be my coach. my WI is every Friday, I just need that extra kick in the pants to get myself motivated and keep on track. This winter has been rough! I love being outside but when temps drop to -20 or colder for days on end forget getting fresh air and some sun light!

Anyone want to help a struggling SAHM with this ?
    sarahbell - I am far from a veteran and have struggled myself so I am not a good candidate to help you, but a few points.

Do NOT tell yourself that you "should" have lost anything other than what you have. You are human, you have highs and lows. It is the process that is important - learning to deal with your emotions and your food. What you learn will help you reach your goal and maintain.

I do not have a coach but still trudge on - I think it is important for me to learn to answer to myself when I stare at something tempting. That is an important skill for me.

But I am not you and we do not live in each other's life, so you need to do what works best for you. Just do not beat yourself up for what has happened in the past. You are wasting precious energy and emotional stability!
  • I didn't see the "what did you eat today" thread so thought I would post here instead. I made a big discovery today concerning my favorite mashed cauliflower dish.
    I have always estimated and scooped out a heaping cup full of the mashed-cauli to equal my two cups of veggies since I would always forget to measure it raw beforehand.
    Today, I measured 2 cups of raw chopped cauliflower then steamed and mashed it. I again measured and found that I only had 3/4 cup. Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone else who hadn't actually measured either.
  • Quote: Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing such a lovely and inspirational story.

Quote: Second weigh in and I'm down 10 pounds!! So pumped!!

Quote: Good Morning.....

Had an awesome weekend with my little family which was nice. TOM came and hit me like a brick truck crashing into my life but still down 2 lbs for the week. Got adventurous with my food this weekend. Made rutabaga fries... no Buenos. But shredded some added a tablespoon of egg and a table spoon of roasted leek puree and put on my non stick griddle... Latke here I come. Quite tasty. Also made Mock-apple sauce. I am going to tweak it but that's what's in my shakes this morning and for lunch and so far so tasty.

Here's today's quote

Martin Luther King, Jr.: "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
    Congratulations on your lose. Love your quotes.

Took my kindle out of my purse and realized my IP pre made pudding opened and there is chocolate everywhere. Note to self bring extra puffs or bars that wont break open.