3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   OMG I just licked my finger!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292118-omg-i-just-licked-my-finger.html)

Sheriously 01-26-2014 04:41 PM

OMG I just licked my finger!!!

I'm kinda laughing at myself, so this post is two fold.

1. I just automatically licked my finger that had a little peanut butter on it...(I was making something for my daughter). So I'm laughing and you can laugh too.

2. I haven't screwed anything up have I? Yes, I'm being paranoid right? ahahhaa :dizzy:

Bellamack 01-26-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 4928908)

1. I just automatically licked my finger that had a little peanut butter on it...(I was making something for my daughter). So I'm laughing and you can laugh too.

2. I haven't screwed anything up have I? Yes, I'm being paranoid right? ahahhaa :dizzy:

ha ha ha, you are fine!

bluegingham 01-26-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 4928908)

I did the same thing last week when I was making my daughter's lunch. As I tried to scrape it off my tongue, my husband walked into the kitchen. :dunno:

kdspirited 01-26-2014 08:45 PM

I have spit out food in my plate before because I realized I was chewing on a piece of cheese in my salad. Completely mortified in front of my friends

ReenHag 01-26-2014 08:52 PM

I will NEVER forget the time my hubby smacked a cocktail shrimp out of my hand because I had dipped it into the wrong bowl of cocktail sauce! Shocked the heck out of me, then cracked me up. I returned the fabor when he went to eat a carrot that my 2 year old niece didn't finish. Too funny!!!

Kawaii1002 01-27-2014 08:25 AM

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!!!! Last night while making my daughter some chocolate milk, some of the syrup got on the outside of the glass.. I wiped it with my finger then licked my finger... Daughter walked in when I squeaked in horror and she came out to find me with a paper towel in my mouth trying to wipe it all off my tongue..

Sheriously 01-27-2014 08:34 AM

hahaa! Literally laughing out loud to all these responses. hahaha!!! I took the lick and swallowed a TEENIE bit, my daughter was looking at me when my eyes got big and I spit into the sink...wiped the rest off with a towel. Damn funny...haha

trinny 01-27-2014 08:44 AM

Last week I accidentally popped a blueberry in my mouth and then spit it out. Ridiculous! Like a blueberry is going to change anything.

But it does a lot for my morale to feel like I'm sticking to this 100%.

schenectady 01-27-2014 09:53 AM

These all make me laugh, especially trying to wipe things off the tongue!

It is good, not because one blueberry or one lick of chocolate milk is going to throw you out of ketosis, but because it means for once we are thinking about what goes into our mouths and bodies.

dak1lls 01-27-2014 02:45 PM

I remember absent mindedly licking mayonnaise off my finger while making my son's sandwich. I ran to the sink and spit it out and started rinsing my mouth with the sprayer! I laugh at the memory of my panic! This was during the time when I had several dreams about uncontrollably eating while crying. Pretty funny. Looks like we've all done it. Lol.

Mad Donnelly 01-27-2014 03:04 PM

Yes, you're being paranoid. But I don't think it's awful to want to be "perfect". We won't always be. So give yourself permission for these slips as long as you don't follow up with more absentmindedly.

Stepha0000 02-23-2014 06:59 PM

Ha! These stories are too funny!!

canadjineh 02-23-2014 07:40 PM

"I smoked it but I didn't inhale..." LOL:yikes:
You guys are so funny!

Sheriously 02-23-2014 08:21 PM

There have been several times since this incident where at least I catch myself. Habit related things, like....seeing a bunch of leftover fries and the habit of wanting to grab one...or one of the kids had cut up cheese and the desire to grab a chunk and pop it in my mouth. Good thing I'm used to saying "no" now. And I have learned a lot since this incident and realize how paranoid I was. hahaha!

SeeMyFeet 02-23-2014 08:46 PM

Ha! You're OK....until you start licking other people's fingers! ;)