Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. Last night's banquet had a nice skinless chicken, plenty of steamed veggies and a very nice green salad with lots of choices. I ignored the lasagna, potatoes, and rolls and did not feel like I missed anything.

Today it is suppose to get up to the upper 30's before the bottom drops out tonight again and high of 0 low of -12 tomorrow. I have a 7am mammography tomorrow, so it will be fun to get out into the cold....not.

We are going to see another Oscar nominated movie. So far we have seen Gravity, Captain Phillips, Nebraska, Wolf of Wall Street. Today we are going to American Hustle.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good morning. For some reason yesterday with the cold and snow I wanted to blow my diet and eat junk. I am proud to say I managed to ignore all my cravings and stayed 100% on plan. I feel so much better today for that decision. For me it is being stuck inside. I keep thinking of all the cute spring clothes I will be able to wear if I stick to the plan.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #48  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Good morning. For some reason yesterday with the cold and snow I wanted to blow my diet and eat junk. I am proud to say I managed to ignore all my cravings and stayed 100% on plan. I feel so much better today for that decision. For me it is being stuck inside. I keep thinking of all the cute spring clothes I will be able to wear if I stick to the plan.
Cold, snowy, or even rainy weather kinda makes me feel that way, too. I guess might be a throwback to what we used to do when forced to be stuck in the house. It helps to get busy with something else: a book, puzzle, game, hot bath, cleaning, organizing... whatever gets you busy and not thinking about snacking. I sure am sick of the winter, though! And it's still only January!!!

WI today- down three more pounds. The weight is moving faster than the inches now; I am interested to see when the inches might catch up. Since I am in my third week of my P1 restart, I have been doing more light cardio and toning, so I know the weight loss might slow a little as I attempt to build some muscle. Feeling good so far!

Busy week coming up at school, as it is Catholic Schools' Week, so we have some activities planned for the students every day this week. Time to stay flexible and just roll with the schedule changes! After that, it will be time to buckle down for the long road to spring break. There is a light at the end of this tunnel!!! (The question is, is it the exit or the train's headlight heading straight for me???)

Have a great, OP day!

~Renee
Old 01-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Hi IP people,

Day 6 and I am ready to find out how I am doing! I have been avoiding real clothes in favor of sweat pants and hooded sweatshirts in the freezing weather. Tonight DH and I went to Morton's Steakhouse for dinner. I wanted about everything on the menu but stuck to a grilled plain 6oz fillet, two grilled shrimp Also a dressing-less salad and plain steamed asparagus. I was happy with the meal and left satisfied but longing for something sweet. I ate a lemon wafer and I have been guzzling the water. Tomorrow I am going to make potato rolls... and try the broccoli and cheese soup packet over roasted broccoli. Thanks for reading and giving me a place to share! I am going to make this change in my life!
Mary - being new on the program, you have many more experiences like this in front of you and you handled it very well. As time went on, I began to sort of have fun in restaurants making as many choices as I could to stay on the program - I made it sort of like a game. How many different ways can you ask for what is on the menu, modified or not, to stay on!

It does get easier. The information gets engraved on your mind andyou sort of go on autopilot after a bit.

The sweet desire is one that I fight constantly. Last week, someone posted about Bubbie's pickles and I finally found them. I discovered that one of those massive pickles cleans every taste out of my mouth and system! They are pickles like you have never had before and they wipe the desire for sweet right out.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #50  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

We need to get a IP cookbook made from all the recipes listed on this site. Everyone has great ideas and would be nice to have in book form so you could find easily. I would buy one.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
We need to get a IP cookbook made from all the recipes listed on this site. Everyone has great ideas and would be nice to have in book form so you could find easily. I would buy one.
The attempt has been made to compile one several times but each time the person didn't stick with it.
The best one is the one that was compiled of Rainbow's recipes.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You know that thing Lisa talks about a lot...PLANNING? If you live in the snow belt..
Keep somethings in the freezer to pull out and make bone broth on those cold miserable-need to shovel 2 or more-X-days... It will make you feel better making the broth, and you can have it with your salad at dinner.

Add your veggies and puree your portion of the broth for dinner and have some chicken breast on your salad. You can also reorganize your cabinets, kitchen drawers and pantry while it's simmering...keeping you distracted and your hands busy. We always have a cabinet, a closet on the first floor and/or several drawers that can be reorganized...it will be time for dinner and the news or a good DVR before you know it! Take a hot-hot bath and sit and soak with a cup of herbal tea as an apertif! Get in your jammies first...the roads are way to slick...again to go anywhere anyhow just yet.....and you are settled for the evening.

Might not work for everyone... but it does for me, and my husband loves it because he knows if it snows...it means he gets homemade soup for dinner!! He get's wild rice or quinoa in his....and I'm OK with not having that.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #53  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Default Anyone know?? :?:

Quote:
a couple of questions.

1. can u reheat roasted cauliflower,spinach and green beans? or does it make it mushy?
2.After you make the spinach chips how do you store them ? or are they good the next day?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #54  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Thanks Lisa, I wish someone would. That would be nice to have around.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default i'm back and not a moment to soon

Well its been a very tuff year of emmotional situations that seemed to last forever...I have gained weight not taking care of me but allowing myself to get caught up taking care of everything and everyone but me...
So when you look down and you finally see what has happened you can dust your self off or you can whine in self pity...well my butt is officially dusted off and I am ready to get back in gear...
So yesterday was my first day back and it was perfect...so lets get this party started...
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #56  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Good Luck and congrats for making the right decision.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #57  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
a couple of questions.

1. can u reheat roasted cauliflower,spinach and green beans? or does it make it mushy?
2.After you make the spinach chips how do you store them ? or are they good the next day?
1. I don't usually have leftovers, so I may not have the best answer, but in the micro, they would get a little softer. Prob not mushy, though. Try heating them in the oven or toaster oven, if possible.

2. Never made them
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Stef: I usually reheat my roasted veggies in the toaster oven so they don't get mushy. I would imagine they would if you try and reheat them in the microwave.

My spinach chips usually last a day or so without becoming soggy.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #59  
Started IP 1/19/2014

I was thinking about make extra so when I come home for lunch I have some to heat up quickly.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #60  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Thanks I will try that.
Closed Thread