Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
Lisa32989, I think you were reading my mind ! Thank you for the latest & greatest info! I'm doing alternate products and do not have a coach, so reading these forums are the only thing helping me(of course, also the AWESOME members like you!) Thank you! You are an angle in deed!

Today I'm looking for a different sweetener. I use Sweet N Low, but my Facebook friend posted "Dr. Fibro" (Facebook users can take a look see) post that spoke about how fake sweeteners can increase inflammation. It's a good read/reminder/food for thought for anyone who is experiencing aches and pains. I have been experiencing (on & off) minor aches throughout the day. Definitely at night when I finally sit & relax. I know I'm not "young" any more (which is fine) but how quickly the aches come on & move around is odd. So I thought it is time to switch it up. I recently tried Truvia at BJs which was great, but found it isn't the choice either. Humm
Bless you all!

BTW: wonder if there are other 6' gals out there?

S/C/G: 194/184.5/165
Oh, another thing, Truvia has added ingredients so it's not pure Stevia, where as the drops are. I'm no where near 6'
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
As for IP, I was really worried about the 1 lb I went up yesterday, and was feeling so hungry that I actually had about 6 packets yesterday, 3 of which were my restricted Quest bars, since my plan was to cut them out completely for the rest of the week, and to keep my stomach from hurting so much from being hungry. I actually stepped on the scale this morning just to get an idea and I was down 2.7 lbs overnight. So i'm not sure if that means my body needs the extra or its the effects of it being the second week. I just know i'm happy that it went down and not up.
What the WL fluctuation means is that weight fluctuates from day-to-day. You may not see the effects from overeating restricteds for 2 or more days. It sounds like you did some emotional eating (stressed over the scale). I suggest staying off of it between WIs because it appears to be overstressing you.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
Hello fellow IP members! Love reading everyone's posts. Thought I would say hi. It is chilly here in Florida, makes me want to stay in bed. My furry children sleep real close to me, keeping me nice and warm. Gotta love them!

NanDeNa, I'm not even close to 6' but I'm on alternate products, and am self coaching since there isn't a clinic near me and the IP products are too costly for this single mom. I just follow the protocol and use the ProtiDiet products.

My fiancee is becoming bothered by my weight loss. He says that watching me lose weight is making him feel fat. Also says now that I'm "skinny" I will be looking for another man. I tried to explain why I have decided to lose weight. He just seems more depressed lately and I'm not sure why. I didn't know losing weight would cause emotional feelings from him, I thought he's be excited.
Does he need to lose weight? If so, get him on the program. I think his reaction is typical of someone who is not happy with themselves.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Default morning peeps

Wishing everyone a great day!

This morning I was putting on my jeans and a turtleneck (bc its sooo friggin cold here) , that when i look down at myslef and i see my chest first not my bloated belly! YES! Feeling great and loving IP!

Great support on here and wonderful recipe ideas, everyone is doing so well with their own goals and achievements, High Five to you all!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #20  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hello fellow IP members! Love reading everyone's posts. Thought I would say hi. It is chilly here in Florida, makes me want to stay in bed. My furry children sleep real close to me, keeping me nice and warm. Gotta love them!

NanDeNa, I'm not even close to 6' but I'm on alternate products, and am self coaching since there isn't a clinic near me and the IP products are too costly for this single mom. I just follow the protocol and use the ProtiDiet products.

My fiancee is becoming bothered by my weight loss. He says that watching me lose weight is making him feel fat. Also says now that I'm "skinny" I will be looking for another man. I tried to explain why I have decided to lose weight. He just seems more depressed lately and I'm not sure why. I didn't know losing weight would cause emotional feelings from him, I thought he's be excited.
Beyond chilly here in Virginia. Burrr!! Sorry to hear about your fiance. I think sometimes our improvements force the people we're close to to see their own flaws (even if we don't see them as flaws) and that can cause some hurt feelings. I think he probably just needs reassurance, but as you undoubtedly know, this is his issue, not yours. So keep doing what you're doing - you're doing great!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Way to go Steppy! That's impressive that you are doing so well on your own. Weight loss rocks the boat in relationships. I hope your fiance comes on board and celebrates your success with you. Sounds like he's thinking he'd better not take you for granted--that's not a bad thing!
Thank-you mars! He gets in these emotional moments. I can't let them stop me from becoming healthier! I'm trying to get to a certain weight before my next annual Dr visit so I can show her I lost weight, like she's been begging me to do for years. He says how he loves the diet I'm on because he loves cooking and it it challenges him to cook differently. He loves that we have salad with every meal now. I just hope he gets out of this slump. He's a great man, just an emotional one at times.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Does he need to lose weight? If so, get him on the program. I think his reaction is typical of someone who is not happy with themselves.
Hahaha yes, he's often said he wants to lose weight too but he's skeptical about the IP plan. (think it's the $$) He enjoys having a beer or two at the end of the day so I'm not sure how that would make him feel. He loves cooking for me and makes sure all the meals are within the plan's limits. He even eats salads with me and has reduced the amount he eats. He als gets excited when I try a new recipe, he loved the zuchinni chips I made. Says I need to do that again. He's supportive, just emotional.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Beyond chilly here in Virginia. Burrr!! Sorry to hear about your fiance. I think sometimes our improvements force the people we're close to to see their own flaws (even if we don't see them as flaws) and that can cause some hurt feelings. I think he probably just needs reassurance, but as you undoubtedly know, this is his issue, not yours. So keep doing what you're doing - you're doing great!
Thank you Joy! I think you are 100% correct. He's looking at himself.

I know it's COLD everywhere else. But it's not often I see frost on the ground in my area. I had my fair share of snow from living in Michigan and Mississippi!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #24  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

RE :emotional partners.

My Honey is also feeling a bit "put off" (his words) by my success. Its not that he's not happy for me, just that he's uncomfortable with the attention I'm getting from others. (Men) He knows I'm not going anywhere, but being raised to be a respectable gentlemen he feels like men who mention my weight loss are overstepping. We've talked extensively about it and he's the same he likes his beer after a hard day but he supports the healthy eating. We work out together (he's a certified fitness trainer) and make good choices about our meals, however he's not "on a diet". He's ended up loosing a few lbs just be making good choices with me.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Down another 2.2 this week.
Almost slept thru the alarm. I couldn't get comfortable last night so I had to take a sleeping pill ugh. I hate taking them but that's my only chance some night of sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!! Down 2 lbs for week 28 weigh-in!!!

Exactly 25 lbs from goal!!!
You rock ladies! You're both doing so amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
As for IP, I was really worried about the 1 lb I went up yesterday, and was feeling so hungry that I actually had about 6 packets yesterday, 3 of which were my restricted Quest bars, since my plan was to cut them out completely for the rest of the week, and to keep my stomach from hurting so much from being hungry. I actually stepped on the scale this morning just to get an idea and I was down 2.7 lbs overnight. So i'm not sure if that means my body needs the extra or its the effects of it being the second week. I just know i'm happy that it went down and not up.
I second Lisa's advice about not putting too much stock in the movement of the scale from day to day, or even week to week. Many things cause our weight to fluctuate from one day to the next. You'll get the best picture of your progress by doing WI's once per week and then looking at those weekly numbers as a whole over time.

Quote:
Hahaha yes, he's often said he wants to lose weight too but he's skeptical about the IP plan. (think it's the $$) He enjoys having a beer or two at the end of the day so I'm not sure how that would make him feel. He loves cooking for me and makes sure all the meals are within the plan's limits. He even eats salads with me and has reduced the amount he eats. He als gets excited when I try a new recipe, he loved the zuchinni chips I made. Says I need to do that again. He's supportive, just emotional.
That's great that he's on board with the cooking! Are there maybe other things you can do together for good health that might help him feel he is taking some positive steps too? My DH needs to lose some weight too and won't do IP (hates veggies), but we recently joined a gym together and go exercise together a few times a week. Maybe something like that - even taking walks together after dinner. I think it can be really positive when one person's progress inspires the other half!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #26  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a great NSV this morning. I mentioned to my DH that I had to go to Costco to get allergy pills and another bag of protien and I said that I would pick up crossants for him ( he calls them his personal crack) He looked at me and said " nope i don't need them" I was shocked. He's not doing the plan with me but he's eating my dinners which is awesome. I made Baja style tacos the other night where he got the torilla and i ate it in a bowl and he was quite full afterwords. Little did he know that he ate a ton of veggies in my "taco" sauce. It' was roasted red peppers, leeks, garlic and herbs blended with spices. He hates veggies... yay wife powers.

I ended up roasting a whole chicken in my crock pot on Tuesday and then put all the bones, skin and the parts of my roasted veggies i would normally have thrown away and put it on warm for 36 hours and made nice rich, dark stock. I triple strained it then used my fat separator and got rid of all that. I got a good half gallon of stock and was able to split it into small containers and put in my freezer and will be able to use in my veggie puree's.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #27  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
This morning I was putting on my jeans and a turtleneck (bc its sooo friggin cold here) , that when i look down at myslef and i see my chest first not my bloated belly! YES! Feeling great and loving IP!

Yes...seeing the belly before the boobs was always my wake up call that I needed to lose weight. CONGRATS of this milestone and the many more to come!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #28  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!

Last edited by jendilly; 01-23-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I just got a text that my body fat analyzer has been delivered. If it is not frozen I will try it out tonight!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #30  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!
17 pounds in 4 weeks is AMAZING!!! Congratulations
Closed Thread