Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #61  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGirlIsOnFire View Post
Not a big veggie eater. Doing my best to get down the 2 cups. Really struggling with that part though. Any suggestions? I'm eating my salad & trying to get the spring mix & such that counts for some veggie. Still trying everything to see what my faves are. Finding some good things that will definately help. All comments welcome!
Hi GirlOnFire ~ I was not a big veggie eater at first either. Now I am addicted to roasted veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower or brussel sprouts. If I don't feel like roasting, I blend 2 cups of spinach in the Strawberry Banana RTD. You don't even taste the spinach. I will also do a spinach salad with EVOO as the dressing. I've gotten so I enjoy the roasted veggies more than the protein these days. I would never have believed it before I started IP.

Good Luck!
Nancy
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Not a big veggie eater. Doing my best to get down the 2 cups. Really struggling with that part though. Any suggestions? I'm eating my salad & trying to get the spring mix & such that counts for some veggie. Still trying everything to see what my faves are. Finding some good things that will definately help. All comments welcome!
Just clarifying - 4 cups total for the day.

I use some in an omelette at breakfast (peppers, zucchini, mushrooms) and some for afternoon snack (red peppers and dukes or pickles usually).

Love cucumber salad - slice super thin. I add thin sliced onion and red pepper. The use apple cider vinegar and sweetener for a sweet/sour cold salad. (Sometimes I add a touch of sesame oil and soy for an Asian flavor.)

Spinach cooks down to just a couple bites. I top mine with vinegar or lemon and some of my salt.

Have you tried rhubarb? It is a veggie but WAY more like a fruit. Looks like red/pink celery. Cut into chunks and cook in a pot with a little water, sweetener, cinnamon or nutmeg until soft and mushy. Some add gelatin and let it cool for a jelloish treat. I like to top I t with ProtiDiet oatmeal (unrestricted) and make a crisp. You can also buy it frozen when not in season. Great dessert or breakfast!

And of course you MUST have read about how AMAZING roasted veggies are - they are mentioned in just about every thread!!!

Last edited by JLUS; 01-22-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #63  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Just clarifying - 4 cups total for the day.

Have you tried rhubarb? It is a veggie but WAY more like a fruit. Looks like red/pink celery. Cut into chunks and cook in a pot with a little water, sweetener, cinnamon or nutmeg until soft and mushy. Some add gelatin and let it cool for a jelloish treat. I like to top I t with ProtiDiet oatmeal (unrestricted) and make a crisp. You can also buy it frozen when not in season. Great dessert or breakfast!

And of course you MUST have read about how AMAZING roasted veggies are - they are mentioned in just about every thread!!!
I love to cook the rhubarb and then add it to my raspberry jelly or vanilla pudding - yummy!

Roasted veggies are awesome and so are purees. I puree a cup of mushrooms and celery or bell pepper and add them to soups - gives them so much body.

Steaming or roasting cauliflower (and then puree if you want) and add it to the potato puree is just like having a really hardy potato soup.

There's so many ways to get your veggies in, you just have to be a little creative. Check out the recipe threads, so many good ideas.

And seriously, after a few weeks I was complaining that 4 cups of veggies really weren't enough!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #64  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
I'm hooked on shredded cabbage with different WF dressings. A few sliced scallions or onion (uncooked) give a nice flavor and I love the crunchiness.

Another thing I've enjoyed is riced cauliflower. Grate raw cauliflower in a cheese grater or food processor. Cook to desired tenderness in a non stick skillet with a little chicken broth--just enough to tenderize the "rice". (Or cook in a regular skillet with a little olive oil). Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. and serve as a bed under meat.

Last edited by mars735; 01-22-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #65  
IP start date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 189/173.2/160

Height: 5'10

Sooo how exactly do you roast vegetables? I'm not much of a cook.

I mean I googled it of course, just put veggies in the oven? Any tips or secrets to it?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 AM   #66  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Wild Daisy,

Making roasted veggies is super easy and they are delicious. Experiment with what ever raw veggies you want. I like zucchini, yellow crook neck squash, and asparagus the best. Peppers are awesome too.

I cut up whatever veggies I want into fairly good sized chunks, spritz them with oil (I've been using grapeseed from a spritzer can lately) and put into an oven already preheated. I do a 400Degree oven myself. I have found my oven takes a lot longer than my toaster oven, so it all depends on your oven but I plan on about 30, may be even 40 minutes and flipping them halfway. I am not very good at figuring out spices personally but I always use just salt.

Too me roasted veggies is almost like having a dessert, they are that good. Enjoy.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Carter View Post
Good morning everyone! Had weigh-in #3 this morning and I'm pretty disappointed with the loss (see signature). I had great losses the last two weeks, so I did expect this week's loss to be a little lower. The only difference between this past week and the 2 before that is that I added in Quest bars this last week. I treated them as a restricted. The first two weeks, I had no restricted items and had EAS or Premier Protein shakes for every IP "packet." I hope they don't affect my losses every week, as they're the one thing I really look forward to every day to eat.

Other than the smaller loss, I feel great. I'm doing alternatives this time around, so I have no idea of inches, but people are starting to say they notice it in my face.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Losing 13+ pounds in three weeks is wonderful!! Don't let little numbers bother you, look at the whole picture. You are 13+ pounds healthier!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Default morning peeps

Wishing everyone a great day!

This morning I was putting on my jeans and a turtleneck (bc its sooo friggin cold here) , that when i look down at myslef and i see my chest first not my bloated belly! YES! Feeling great and loving IP!

Great support on here and wonderful recipe ideas, everyone is doing so well with their own goals and achievements, High Five to you all!
Closed Thread