3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291864-ip-daily-chat.html)

65X65 01-20-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4924054)
I am so happy to report this morning that my SIL is on her first day of maintenance! She started IP after seeing the progress I was making. I told her I would be happy to be her "coach" and she has lost 54 lbs! It is so gratifying that I could inspire her to do this!!!!!

My baby sister just placed her first order at Nashua Nutrition, and will be starting soon as well. She has tried the Trim Shakes and is currently on a diet that I can't remember the name of, but is three letters; HCG? Not sure. Anyway, she has lost some weight on this current diet, but said she is STARVING and always craving. She read off the ingredients on her powdered mix and it is really, really high in carbs. She can have fruit as well.

As I mentioned to her, you can lose weight with any diet, but some may be more miserable than others. IP will help you to stop those bad cravings, lose weight and burn fat. She said she has not burned any tummy fat on the current diet. I think that is the biggest difference I see with my weight loss this time, I melted the fat off all over!

I am really hoping she does this! I can't wait to see her be successful!

Dak--congrats..a feather in your cap to have led the way for those you love. What an inspiration yu must be for them...and how happy YOU must feel in seeing them also on the way to being happy and healthy!

Maybe you should open your own IP site!!

ems70508 01-20-2014 04:02 PM

Thanks Lisa, I'll look into it!

My doc just called with blood work results. She was so impressed with the incredible difference! I was borderline insulin resistant (low and scary moment in my life) and now i'm in the normal range. No more metfornin!!!!! What a relief. What a blessing.

djs06 01-20-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4924122)
Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.

Thanks for the tip! I never thought to microwave first… and the rutabaga fries always come out a little too hard, even though they are delicious.

One more tip, try to cut as uniformly as possible.. if they are all different sizes they cook really differently! Enjoy!

djs06 01-20-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RescueAnnie (Post 4924165)
Hello to you all! I'm new to IP and have lost 5.8 this week, plus I had a super stressful Friday and didn't eat my emotions! I want to say I read your posts and you all have helped me navigate my way in the past week. Thanks for all the help and inspiration!!!

Welcome, Annie! Congrats on getting through the stress and staying on plan, and congrats on your success so far! :carrot:

Vippysue 01-20-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4923816)
Vippysue..
Remember slow and steady is also a means to an end. I started out at 177 and my losses initially were in the 2-3 lb range. That was my range and as I got closer to goal my losses slowed. 2-3lbs a week is what you should expect intially. More is a bonus and quite honestly...check the starting weights of the posters who show those initial higher losses. On the good side, I never experienced a true stall..and there was just one week at the end where my loss was about .2 lbs. If you think you can get a bigger bang out of any diet that is lasting and sustainable long term... you are not thinking clearly!

Be happy with ANY loss. The word ONLY is to be saved for the phrase "If ONLY I'd known about this sooner!"

Many people who are successful do not lose large amounts of weight initially, and no one keeps it up for more than a few weeks. Were you watching what you ate prior to your start on IP? If so you HAVE lost more....many begin to taper off their diet as a "get ready" for days or weeks before the actual start of the IP protocol. That impacts your starting weight, and probably your initial fluid retention is already reduced. Stick it out. There is no magic and no easy road to the goal. Hard work and determination are the key...not anything else.

Good luck...be happy! You are on your way with making a healthy and good decision for 2014!

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I needed some. I don't want to leave the program...just wish the reward would come faster. Do you mind me asking how long it took you on phase 1? You look great and are an inspiration.

Vippysue 01-20-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnybride2be (Post 4923859)
3 lbs is great!!!! Congratulations!!! Keep up the amazing work! It gets easier, and just think how great your going to feel when you hit your goal weight. I'm not sure if your using IP products, but switching to alternatives is much easier on the wallet so you can enjoy a greater variety. You got this!

Thank you for the encouragement. I really like the pre-made chocolate drinks. (I put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes before i drink them and then use a wide straw. Yum!)They work well for the time I have to spend out of my home/office as well. They are the only thing i really like, or would consider buying more of, other than the restricted items. I'm sure this has been a topic before but could you give me some ideas if there are any chocolate prepackaged alternatives out there? Thanks.

Also, Virginia girl, any chance you are in the Tidewater area? I visited one of the clinics in that area and would like to talk more about it if you use that particular one.

Thanks again.

ReenHag 01-20-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4923941)
Morning all. The cold has finally got me. I'm alternating between stuffed up and sneezing my face off. Going to spend the day taking it easy.

My honey built me a set of bookshelves in my den, so now I have to gather up all my boxes of bookes and go thru them and put them up. The shelves are in a 'closet' but it has no doors so I'm thinking of putting a light in the there and having a reading nook.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

Feel better! Loving the book nook idea! What a great little treat for yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4923909)
So I spent 3 days going around the thrift stores, collecting kids books, baskets, classic kids stuffed animals, toy John Deere tractors, fishing poles (we are on a lake), swim noodles, everything that suggests a busy active family life.

I was tickled pink when the agent came to check the house for the last time before the photographer comes in. He was AMAZED at the staging and seriously suggested I could make a second career as a stager! They do make good money and it is a growing career.

My husband looked at me with a new look....

This made me smile. Way to go! It seems like a neat way to be creative. Are you going for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RescueAnnie (Post 4924165)
Hello to you all! I'm new to IP and have lost 5.8 this week, plus I had a super stressful Friday and didn't eat my emotions! I want to say I read your posts and you all have helped me navigate my way in the past week. Thanks for all the help and inspiration!!!

Congrats! I, too, struggle with stress eating. Recent issues really started pushing me back into old habits, but I have grabbed the reins again and am in control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4924205)

My doc just called with blood work results. She was so impressed with the incredible difference! I was borderline insulin resistant (low and scary moment in my life) and now i'm in the normal range. No more metfornin!!!!! What a relief. What a blessing.

Congrats! What good news!

Slipfree 01-20-2014 04:24 PM

Ems70508- that is wonderful news! So happy that your health is improving and that the results were excellent. Yahoo!

Kimmie in AZ 01-20-2014 04:33 PM

My official weigh in was 7 pounds. But my nice new scale at home reads 10, and I like that figure much better.:D Love how all these scales give different readings.

Do your coaches charge you to see them/weigh in? Mine didn't today. Maybe she charged me upfront.

I have to say, she is nice about everything. I didn't have to buy whole boxes of food, and she has let me trade back a lot of items. But wow, $4.50 for one packet. That is nuts!!!!

shrinkingsusie 01-20-2014 04:49 PM

Not sure how the turnip fries will taste, but they smell delicious! I bought a clubhouse seasoning spice called Parmesan and herb which is 0/0/0! I put some on my "fries" and roasted bell peppers!

PurpleMomster 01-20-2014 04:49 PM

Lesson learned: when you're on a diet that requires you to drink large quantities of water, do not buy pants that have a hook and eye closure, a button, a zipper and a belt with a 2 loop thing... It makes for interesting "dance moves" in the bathroom stall :D

Jo

ems70508 01-20-2014 04:57 PM

Thanks yall. It really does help to see those results! Susie, I love turnip fries! The first batch I did, I cut too small and they shriveled to like...nothing. Lesson learned. I like to eat mine with WF bbq sauce! Enjoy!

Vippysue 01-20-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4924252)
Lesson learned: when you're on a diet that requires you to drink large quantities of water, do not buy pants that have a hook and eye closure, a button, a zipper and a belt with a 2 loop thing... It makes for interesting "dance moves" in the bathroom stall :D

Jo

Lol! I can relate!

lighthouse101 01-20-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4924205)

Great news!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4924250)
Not sure how the turnip fries will taste, but they smell delicious! I bought a clubhouse seasoning spice called Parmesan and herb which is 0/0/0! I put some on my "fries" and roasted bell peppers!

I just made turnip fries for dinner last night - so delicious. I'm totally going to keep eating them instead of potato fries once I get to maintenance.

schenectady 01-20-2014 05:44 PM

Tights, tights

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4924252)

Jo

The lesson I learned was not to wear tights! The motions needed to get those off quickly are nearly fatal......and I am nearly 60 so it is worse!