3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291864-ip-daily-chat.html)

mars735 01-20-2014 12:26 PM

Just googled & answered my own question -- pickling in vinegar does NOT have probiotic benefits. I love Paulie's pickles so will just use them as IP-friendly treat and find another probiotic source.

Bellamack 01-20-2014 01:09 PM

Hello!

Everyone is doing well, sick of this snow and cold ( and it is only January), the winters seem so long, the older I get.

Will check in tonight for lisa's saurkraut recipe :)

dak1lls 01-20-2014 01:16 PM

I am so happy to report this morning that my SIL is on her first day of maintenance! She started IP after seeing the progress I was making. I told her I would be happy to be her "coach" and she has lost 54 lbs! It is so gratifying that I could inspire her to do this!!!!!

My baby sister just placed her first order at Nashua Nutrition, and will be starting soon as well. She has tried the Trim Shakes and is currently on a diet that I can't remember the name of, but is three letters; HCG? Not sure. Anyway, she has lost some weight on this current diet, but said she is STARVING and always craving. She read off the ingredients on her powdered mix and it is really, really high in carbs. She can have fruit as well.

As I mentioned to her, you can lose weight with any diet, but some may be more miserable than others. IP will help you to stop those bad cravings, lose weight and burn fat. She said she has not burned any tummy fat on the current diet. I think that is the biggest difference I see with my weight loss this time, I melted the fat off all over!

I am really hoping she does this! I can't wait to see her be successful!

schenectady 01-20-2014 01:32 PM

Today when I went grocery shopping, I felt as if I was being channeled by people like Lisa and 65X65.

Their wise advise is planted in my brain and as I was shopping today, I saw grapeseed oil, which 65X65 recommended for using in hot pans in lieu of olive oil. In my cart. Perusing meat section, 3 pounds ground turkey on great sale. In my basket and now on the stove cooking to measure and make my protein for any number of meals. Planning.....

Thanks guys!

mars735 01-20-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4924054)
I am so happy to report this morning that my SIL is on her first day of maintenance! She started IP after seeing the progress I was making. I told her I would be happy to be her "coach" and she has lost 54 lbs! It is so gratifying that I could inspire her to do this!!!!!

My baby sister just placed her first order at Nashua Nutrition, and will be starting soon as well. She has tried the Trim Shakes and is currently on a diet that I can't remember the name of, but is three letters; HCG? Not sure. Anyway, she has lost some weight on this current diet, but said she is STARVING and always craving. She read off the ingredients on her powdered mix and it is really, really high in carbs. She can have fruit as well.

As I mentioned to her, you can lose weight with any diet, but some may be more miserable than others. IP will help you to stop those bad cravings, lose weight and burn fat. She said she has not burned any tummy fat on the current diet. I think that is the biggest difference I see with my weight loss this time, I melted the fat off all over!

I am really hoping she does this! I can't wait to see her be successful!

Love your before & after pics. You look amazing.

shrinkingsusie 01-20-2014 02:04 PM

I bought a turnip today while grocery shopping... Going to attempt turnip fries tonight... Any suggestions?

IdealProteinNewbie 01-20-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4924108)
I bought a turnip today while grocery shopping... Going to attempt turnip fries tonight... Any suggestions?

Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.

shrinkingsusie 01-20-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4924122)
Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure to boil them first but microwave is easier!

ssubert 01-20-2014 02:20 PM

Schenectady, my weight before having son (1984) was about 165 and that is about what I weighed in high school. I know I weighed 173 at 21.

I'm so glad that my coach put my goal at 163. That feels like something that I can maintain.
Congrats on your weight loss.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-20-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4924125)
Thanks!! I wasn't sure to boil them first but microwave is easier!

I used to boil them but I'm lazy :D

mars735 01-20-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4924122)

Thanks for posting this IPN--wish I'd tuned in before I just made jicama fries this am.

Someone else posted that he coats his veggie fries with a little egg white to crisp them up. Can't wait to re-try with the microwave idea.

schenectady 01-20-2014 02:35 PM

ssubert thank you for your kind words about my weight loss so far. I am so revved up right now I am pushing for hitting half way for weigh in in a week. I only "need" 2 pounds more for that.

I will follow you 1)because you area about the same height and 2)your goal is close to mine and I will be curious as to how you feel at the weight and 3)you live somewhere in the Pacific NW, like me.

Today, I am in HEAVEN. As a treat for finishing paint coat #5 on paneling on the staircase (argh!) I decided to take some extra time making my breakfast. I took my blender and water, ice, Starbucks Via package, a Nashua Nutrition Swiss chocolate pudding/shake package and a dollop of Walden Farms marshmallow crème. I feel like I am being naughty - it is that good!

Virtual is its own reward but man, this drink feels like one, too!

dak1lls 01-20-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars735 (Post 4924074)
Love your before & after pics. You look amazing.

Thank you for the nice compliment!

RescueAnnie 01-20-2014 03:06 PM

Hello to you all! I'm new to IP and have lost 5.8 this week, plus I had a super stressful Friday and didn't eat my emotions! I want to say I read your posts and you all have helped me navigate my way in the past week. Thanks for all the help and inspiration!!!

lisa32989 01-20-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4923965)
Bubbies is a bit pricey! Have you posted your sauerkraut recipe anywhere that I could view?

I just googled homemade sauerkraut when I first did it.