3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291864-ip-daily-chat.html)

IntheEvening 01-20-2014 10:04 AM

Hello all,

This is my 3 restart and I feel like a pro. :D I'm actually only on my second week but it's already becoming second nature, again. One thing I did different is started to cook in bulk batches. I have all my lunches and dinners all set for the week. So no excuses! I made a low carb beef stew (minus onions and potatoes) and used the tomato basil soup and rotoni to make a veggie minestrone. Any one else cook in bulk batches?

ReenHag 01-20-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheEvening (Post 4923876)
Hello all,

This is my 3 restart and I feel like a pro. :D I'm actually only on my second week but it's already becoming second nature, again. One thing I did different is started to cook in bulk batches. I have all my lunches and dinners all set for the week. So no excuses! I made a low carb beef stew (minus onions and potatoes) and used the tomato basil soup and rotoni to make a veggie minestrone. Any one else cook in bulk batches?

Hubby is the cook around our home, and he spent Saturday cooking up a storm! He does not normally cook that much, although he will usually make enough for leftovers when he cooks. However, on Saturday he made stuffed peppers, brisket, and chicken veg soup. That should all last most of the week. Yum!

Renee

IdealProteinNewbie 01-20-2014 10:12 AM

ems: Love Bubbies! Their sauerkraut with probiotics is great too!

mars735 01-20-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4923845)
Morning! So I thought I'd share a discovery I made this weekend. My mom asked me to pick up a special brand of pickles from our local health food store. (Have no fear, they sell them at Whole Foods which is opening here this summer!) Anyway, the brand is called Bubbies and they have LIVE PROBIOTICS in their pickles! They don't use vinegar. They're so delicious, I highly recommend eating one after lunch and dinner. Or with it. Whatever you prefer. Because they have the probiotics, it'll help with digestion and if you have the Big C problem, should help with that as well. My mom said she has been more regular since eating these twice a day. That may just be here but it's worth a shot! I had to hide the jar from myself for fear of eating it all yesterday! Here's their website.

http://www.bubbies.com/prod_kosher_dills.shtml

Thanks ems70508! I like those pickles--didn't realize they had that benefit.

lisa32989 01-20-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4923885)
ems: Love Bubbies! Their sauerkraut with probiotics is great too!

The sauerkraut IS great and then I learned that most pickles & sauerkraut are pasteurized, which kills the helpful bacteria. Then I learned how to make my own sauerkraut, since Bubbies is pricey!

schenectady 01-20-2014 10:43 AM

GREAT weekend with a victory for the Seattle Seahawks, but what a nail biter! On to the Superbowl....

I was so nervous and full of energy during the day that I was running around doing painting, cleaning, sorting all day long. My house is 95% immaculate, ready to go on the market January 27.

Our agent, a young guy (OK, I guess they are all young to me!) had suggested that we 'stage' the house. We had already removed 1/2 of the things in the house to make it look good, but since we are empty nesters, almost, we had nothing in the house to suggest children. We did raise our 3 children here over the last 14 years, but there stuff was gone. It is a great family home with bedroom for big and little kids, a huge rec room, water, big back lawn, etc but we never realized in cleaning it up that the house suggested two old folk living in a museum!

So I spent 3 days going around the thrift stores, collecting kids books, baskets, classic kids stuffed animals, toy John Deere tractors, fishing poles (we are on a lake), swim noodles, everything that suggests a busy active family life.

I was tickled pink when the agent came to check the house for the last time before the photographer comes in. He was AMAZED at the staging and seriously suggested I could make a second career as a stager! They do make good money and it is a growing career.

My husband looked at me with a new look....

ssubert 01-20-2014 10:51 AM

Finally below 180.

I am about halfway to goal. Today will be my 5th check in.
Feeling really good.
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

schenectady 01-20-2014 10:58 AM

Halfway

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssubert (Post 4923915)
I am about halfway to goal. Today will be my 5th check in.
Feeling really good.
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congratulations on getting to halfway! It is nice that we have a place where we can mark our milestones.

For me having more to lose, I have a few more. Making 50, followed by halfway, Onderland, lowest weight married, followed by lowest weight as an adult.....these keep me sane and going. I made 50 and hope to make halfway maybe this week (need 2 more).

Ruth Ann 01-20-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulse (Post 4923809)
Just so I'm clear, it's okay to have lemon and lime in my water, correct?

I know lemon is okay Mulse and I think lime is okay but haven't used it so am not sure. Anyone?

lisa32989 01-20-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4923922)
I know lemon is okay Mulse and I think lime is okay but haven't used it so am not sure. Anyone?

Nutritionally speaking, they are equivalent
I happen to prefer lime to lemon most of the time
Use sparingly as both contain carbs (2.6 g in 1 oz)

nolasmurf 01-20-2014 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning all. The cold has finally got me. I'm alternating between stuffed up and sneezing my face off. Going to spend the day taking it easy.

My honey built me a set of bookshelves in my den, so now I have to gather up all my boxes of bookes and go thru them and put them up. The shelves are in a 'closet' but it has no doors so I'm thinking of putting a light in the there and having a reading nook.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

ems70508 01-20-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4923896)
The sauerkraut IS great and then I learned that most pickles & sauerkraut are pasteurized, which kills the helpful bacteria. Then I learned how to make my own sauerkraut, since Bubbies is pricey!

Bubbies is a bit pricey! Have you posted your sauerkraut recipe anywhere that I could view?

SuzieV 01-20-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4923909)
I was tickled pink when the agent came to check the house for the last time before the photographer comes in. He was AMAZED at the staging and seriously suggested I could make a second career as a stager! They do make good money and it is a growing career.

My husband looked at me with a new look....

Isn't wonderful that you can still SURPRISE your husband after years of marriage...they think they know all about you...but they don't ;)

Yes...a big WOOT WOOT :cheer3: to the Seahawks!

Diana B 01-20-2014 12:18 PM

Good morning all, another 2.2 down :carrot:. Everyone have a great OP IP day :D

GO HAWKS!!

mars735 01-20-2014 12:18 PM

I noticed Bubbe's says it's vinegar-free. Does anyone know if a different brand that has vinegar but is not pasteurized would still have pro-biotics?