3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Panera Power Menu (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291807-panera-power-menu.html)

Sashadee 01-18-2014 05:52 PM

Panera Power Menu

hey Ladies,

I don't know if this has been posted before but Panera has a "Secret" high protein menu called the 'Power Menu'. It's not up on the menu board at any panera locations but if you tell them you want to order off the hidden menu they know exactly what you mean.

Here is the link

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/fe...ower-menu.html

It's not what you would expect from a Bakery at all! None of these menu items have bread or baked goods in them and many of them are OP and a few would do in a pinch.

The steak lettuce wraps and the Breakfast egg white bowl with roasted turkey and pesto look pretty delish if I do say so myself.

mars735 01-18-2014 06:06 PM

Thanks, Sashadee!

FitMom02 01-18-2014 06:21 PM

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

vealcalf2000 01-18-2014 06:23 PM

Thank you! I did see a commercial for the egg white turkey combo the other day. Sure wish they'd advertise this more, but I guess that's what's great about the forum, we can spread the word here! Thanks for letting me know there are some good options at Panera and not just bread!!!

jendilly 01-18-2014 07:21 PM

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. When my daughter comes home on breaks for college, she loves to go to Panera (after some shopping with mom :) ). She's coming home in a week or so and I was already wondering how we could go to some of her favorite places. Panera came to mind and I thought there was no way I could go there. Fabulous!!

Sashadee 01-18-2014 07:41 PM

No prob!

hopeisallthereis 01-19-2014 11:59 AM

I am both outraged and elated by this news! Why are they hiding it? Do they know how much business they've lost from me over the years when I have been on low carb diets and have deterred friends from meeting there so that I would have something to eat?!? This will also be great on the nights when I get out of work so late that I have a hard time cooking for IP (I inevitably make the 4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites). Thanks so much for sharing!

NemesisClaws 01-19-2014 01:02 PM

I'm puzzled myself as to why they don't list this on their menu boards instead the restaurants. They would get more customers....

jendilly 01-19-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeisallthereis (Post 4923222)
I am both outraged and elated by this news! Why are they hiding it? Do they know how much business they've lost from me over the years when I have been on low carb diets and have deterred friends from meeting there so that I would have something to eat?!? This will also be great on the nights when I get out of work so late that I have a hard time cooking for IP (I inevitably make the 4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites). Thanks so much for sharing!

I agree! I wish more restaurants would advertise that they offer healthy menus like this. Why hide it? I wonder how many other places have this kind of "hidden" menu. It would be so nice to be able to go into a place and order right from the menu instead of feeling like you're being a pain.

Last Hurrah 01-31-2014 01:52 AM

OMG! Awesome news! I'm so eating at Panera this weekend. : )

NemesisClaws 02-07-2014 10:48 AM

For the first time ever, my local Panera Bread had a Power Menu option on the menu itself, and identified it as a Power Menu option too! Maybe they're listening!

ColoradoCarol 02-07-2014 10:55 AM

I have started hearing commercials on the radio the past couple weeks about the Power Menu. I am curious about what it has on it. I might look on their website and see.

Happy Friday!!!

Bellamack 02-07-2014 11:00 AM

The last time I went it wasn't on the menu & I had to ask. This time it was on the board & on the menu. Maybe they were introducing it to see some response before going full out.

lisa32989 02-07-2014 11:08 AM

Even the Power Menu will need some tweaking for P1. But it is certainly a step in the right direction and will be GREAT for maintenance.

canadjineh 02-07-2014 11:11 AM

Whaaaaah!:cry: Fine print at top of the web page says not yet available in Canada! What's with that, we are usually the first area chain restaurants test the good-for-you foods in before they do the whole chain (U.S. included).
Disappointed, but then I live in a small town and we don't have Panera here.
Liana