Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #91  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Day 1 : I fixed my chocolate drink for breakfast, poured in cup and put in microwave for 1 min, washed shaker, went back to microwave chocolate drinked over flowed everywhere ugh.lol
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part phasing off.
Congratulations! I bet you are grinning ear to ear.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #93  
maintaining since 9/2013

Congratulations ecdcslim! Are you going to go shopping? : )
Old 01-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
mizlix-

Only my immediate family gets to hear all that has gone on in my journey.... . (My best friend of 34 years would ...if she were still alive, but I do feel she knows. We talk!) My husband would not have approved of this diet initially...so I left him out of it!!! After I lost 25 lbs...I shared it because he could see it was working. Then I told him it was more than just another diet attempt. I told him he was a landmine in the battle I've been waging in the past...and that's why he was left out of the loop. It got his attention. He did some serious thinking, and he is my biggest fan...and believes in IP and the way it works now.

SOOO...chose carefully who goes on this trip! Once they are in the car...it is moving too fast to throw them out safely!!! Not saying you can't slow down and let someone in...just be sure they will not present challenges or demand anything in the next part of your journey!

Best wishes! And you have all of us...and I might add...we are riding together on a train. A big one!!
This resonates with me as I was very close mouthed about my journey as well. Admittedly, this was mostly because I had tried and failed so many times before. As a matter of fact, my youngest son asked me why was going to bother because it had failed many times before (the innocence of youth!). I explained that giving up and NOT trying, no matter how many failures preceded, was not acceptable. That was an important lesson I wanted him to learn.

Only now that I am well into this (almost 80 total, 52 on IP) do I share with anyone. My children because they were worried about my health, my best friend and gym partner who never fails to tell me how beautiful my emerging facial bones are (she is an artist) and finally, in one form or another, my husband. I have only now just begun to let him in on a little because his reactions to some of it are still mixed.

My family of 4 brother and sisters will remain in the dark for a while because I need to complete the process without comments about IP or whatever. They, and others, always have an opinion or response that I am not ready to deal with yet. I need to recall someone who posted above saying that what you think of me is not part of my picture.

So I can only echo 65X65's wisdom in suggesting that you consider carefully with whom you share the information about your weight loss.

I am not suggesting that support is not important - just work on figuring out where to find it - obviously this is where I put in a plug for all the marvelous people on this site. I should dedicate each pound I lose to individuals here. This one is for 65X65, this one Lisa, now Ruth Ann........
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #95  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

My grandma and my husband are both still sleeping... I have been up for almost two hours now waiting to use my magic bullet and make my vanilla chai tea shake. lol
Old 01-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all!
I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
Deana - if you were my daughter, I would hug you! You have made such a great journey and done so well. I am very proud of all that you have accomplished. What great planning and discipline you have shown. There are not many in your age group who would have taken the careful steps you have.

I wish this program had been around and sites like this around when I was younger so that I did not miss out on so many of life's activities because Iof my weight.

You go girl and know that there are legions of cheerleaders for you on this board!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #97  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Deana - if you were my daughter, I would hug you! You have made such a great journey and done so well. I am very proud of all that you have accomplished. What great planning and discipline you have shown. There are not many in your age group who would have taken the careful steps you have.

I wish this program had been around and sites like this around when I was younger so that I did not miss out on so many of life's activities because Iof my weight.

You go girl and know that there are legions of cheerleaders for you on this board!
Couldn't have said it better myself! You look lovely and radiant, Deana!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #98  

Default Wow Wow Wow

Quote:
Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off!
How wonderful it was to get up early this morning (painting to so before the Seahawks game...go Seahawks!) and read that you had made goal.

I think what is so exciting is being able to announce that, proudly, and have so many people here celebrate and understand exactly how hard this process is and what a triumph making goal is. Sharing your news make me feel better and gives me a glow to know that one of those who has fought the battle next to me has made it.

Your success is a real testament to your discipline and a reminder to all the rest of us that this is down the line for us - we all just need to hang in there
Old 01-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #99  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all!
I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
Deana Its so encouraging to see someone your age and sooo busy keep up with this journey! It sounds like a wonderful day and thanks for the pics! I always look forward to your posts!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #100  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
This resonates with me as I was very close mouthed about my journey as well. Admittedly, this was mostly because I had tried and failed so many times before. As a matter of fact, my youngest son asked me why was going to bother because it had failed many times before (the innocence of youth!). I explained that giving up and NOT trying, no matter how many failures preceded, was not acceptable. That was an important lesson I wanted him to learn.

Only now that I am well into this (almost 80 total, 52 on IP) do I share with anyone. My children because they were worried about my health, my best friend and gym partner who never fails to tell me how beautiful my emerging facial bones are (she is an artist) and finally, in one form or another, my husband. I have only now just begun to let him in on a little because his reactions to some of it are still mixed.

My family of 4 brother and sisters will remain in the dark for a while because I need to complete the process without comments about IP or whatever. They, and others, always have an opinion or response that I am not ready to deal with yet. I need to recall someone who posted above saying that what you think of me is not part of my picture.

I am not suggesting that support is not important - just work on figuring out where to find it - obviously this is where I put in a plug for all the marvelous people on this site. I should dedicate each pound I lose to individuals here. This one is for 65X65, this one Lisa, now Ruth Ann........
Enjoyed this post! I find it interesting who is supportive and who is skeptical. I only have one friend that struggles with my program.. she tries to bite her tongue and be supportive, but she just thinks I'll gain all the weight back.

1) She saw me lose a lot of weight 5 yrs ago on HCG and I gained it back!
2) She has her own weight issues and her comments are more about her issues with weight than mine!

I will be holidaying in Hawaii with her in March so I have been trying to prepare her for the fact that I will be OP while I'm there, no matter how inconvenient it may be!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #101  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off!
You rock! Congratulations!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. I'm making my first foray into zucchini muffin production!!! I've needed to because this time around my old veggie standbys for lunch are gagging me!!! Specifically celery but cucumber to if it isn't ultra cold. Waiting for my zucchini to good and drain so I can get down to business. Will report back.

Enjoying these posts about who we bring along on our journey. Last time was easier with DH losing with me, but he is ultra supportive. He will be restarting in a couple months then most of the junk will be out of the house. But regardless this is my journey and it is intensely personal.. Some of my coworkers know I'm doing it but not the specifics. They have asked me to join them for a local Biggest Loser competition and I'm not interested.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 207/174/150

Height: 5"3'

Ohhh that sounds delish....do share the recipe. please?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 207/174/150

Height: 5"3'

Default Kids birthday test

So I'm now about 6 days in and yesterday was the biggest of the challenges for me so far. we did a birthday lunch for my two daughters and my sister who also has a Jan birthday. I picked up an amazing cake and cupcakes for everyone and we did bakery pizza and salad as we'll for our lunch. Having a large salad on hand helped and I had made up some veggie trays and cheese and cracker plates. This gave me some approved selected veggies to nibble on and then I had my ip chock brownie while everyone else had cake. Made so sautéed veggies for my lunch with a large salad and I felt good. Wasn't dying to eat all the sweets or pizza, it was pretty easy. I'm feeling very good. I go in for my wi on Wednesday so we will see how well week 1 really went. Based on my scale, I think I'm down 8lbs, but now sure how accurate it is. One day at a time, my kids and husband are being very supportive. It's just hard to learn how to prep and change what veggies I cook and how to best prepare them so I can ensure variety. Thank you for all the sharing on this site with personal stories and receives, I'm am finding this Priceless!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #105  

Height: 5'4"

Is anybody besides me having problems since yesterday- logging in to see the daily videos at my.idealprotein.com. I am receiving the daily emails but it keeps telling me there is a server problem for me to get to the website.
Closed Thread