Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!
I totally agree - if it was as easy as calories in/out, it wouldn't be such a struggle for so many people! Human beings are complex and I think everything that happens in our minds and bodies is tied together - so everyone is a bit different in how they work.

Interesting too that is seems everyone has an opinion about other people's weight/weight loss. It's my body for crying out loud! Yesterday I was at a gathering with some people I hadn't seen for a while and several people had something to say about how much more weight I should lose, that I need to tone up my arms, etc, etc. I was so taken aback by all the onslaught of unsolicited advice that I didn't even know how to respond!

And then someone I barely know who wasn't a part of that conversation asked me when my baby was due! She was totally shocked when I told her I'm not pregnant. As someone who has a lot of body image issues to start with, I couldn't help being disheartened that I'm still getting comments like that after losing a bunch of weight. Apparently I have a ways to go before I'm not suspect to people's blunt and rude comments about my belly fat.

Thanks all for letting me have a rant this morning.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #17  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
That is (in my opinion) kind of creepy. I mean, it is a compliment that they thought the pics were share-worthy but still....

I think I would ask them to take the photos down.
Yeah, creepy outweighed flattery, so I asked them to remove them.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #18  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Happy Saturday all. I woke up with a better mood today. All is good in IP land but work has, and will most likely continue to be, very stressful. It is a long story is my supervisor is worthless. Half of our team (me and 2 others) are totally swamped with work. The other half of the team - not nearly as busy. We have been asking for a realigns of the workload for quite a long time and he just won't do it.

Ok - rant over. Thanks I needed that.

Anyway, at least I can control IP. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend (Monday is MLK holiday). Chores today, Broncos/Patriots game tomorrow (GO BRONCOS!) and spending time with a friend Monday.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #19  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We really can live up to "self fulfilling prophecies". What we think we are, we will be. So, now my work is to learn how to stop thinking I'm fat!
Exactly Lisa! When I look in the mirror I don't always see the good stuff - just the parts I still need to work on! At the same time, sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself and think "damn, I look good!" Working on retraining my brain... it takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
And then someone I barely know who wasn't a part of that conversation asked me when my baby was due! She was totally shocked when I told her I'm not pregnant. As someone who has a lot of body image issues to start with, I couldn't help being disheartened that I'm still getting comments like that after losing a bunch of weight. Apparently I have a ways to go before I'm not suspect to people's blunt and rude comments about my belly fat.
How rude! I hope a withering, disgusted look was on your face when you responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Yeah, creepy outweighed flattery, so I asked them to remove them.
Good for you! I hope they do so.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #20  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:

lighthouse I hate it when I can't think of what to say till an hour later! You should have said 'hasn't anyone ever told you to NEVER ask if someone is pregnant unless you know the answer!' It was very rude!! Don't kid yourself... if people were telling you about toning etc...they definitely have noticed your weight loss, they just didn't go about discussing it in an encouraging way... Go look in the mirror and see how good you are looking! I will always be bottom heavy no matter how much weight I lose but I'm 43yrs old and no longer think I need to look like a super model... all I know is when I look in the mirror after a shower I see a smaller version of myself and it doesn't look half bad! Pat yourself on the back... I guarantee
you are looking good... take the time to appreciate what you have accomplished and recognize that people are people and there a rude ones everywhere!

Last edited by Hiker88; 01-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I totally agree - if it was as easy as calories in/out, it wouldn't be such a struggle for so many people! Human beings are complex and I think everything that happens in our minds and bodies is tied together - so everyone is a bit different in how they work.

Interesting too that is seems everyone has an opinion about other people's weight/weight loss. It's my body for crying out loud! Yesterday I was at a gathering with some people I hadn't seen for a while and several people had something to say about how much more weight I should lose, that I need to tone up my arms, etc, etc. I was so taken aback by all the onslaught of unsolicited advice that I didn't even know how to react.

Lighthouse, I am so sorry that those people do not have a lick of sense or any tact! Please do not let them affect your strength and self concept. You are doing a fantastic thing for your health. I would dismiss their comments based on the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
The lowest I ever remember weighing is 160 lbs, and it is ingrained in my head, although I try to ignore it, that 160 is the lowest I will ever be able to weigh. When I did IP the first time, that was my goal, but decided this time to let it go and set my goal where I wanted, not where the little voice in the back of my head told me to. Our bodies are amazing things, and I strongly believe that your mind has the ability to affect the outcome of something, even if you are physically doing everything "right".
I am currently at the weight I was for most of my adult life and am experiencing a mini slow down with weight loss. I do believe that our bodies have set points and memory. I am just focusing on staying OP, listening to the physical signs of my body (thanks 65x65) and moving forward.

ColoradoCarol, my work was very stressful this week too. And I had to white knuckle it through my irritation and desire for cheddar restricted last night. Instead, I took down all the Christmas decor and started redecorating my living room to go with the new chairs. Food can never again be the answer to stress caused by other people for me. If I am going to indulge in the future, it will be for joyous reasons.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #22  

I swear to god the next time someone takes it upon themselves to talk about my weight, unsolicited, I'm going to ask them if it is okay to talk about their weight GAIN!
That should stop it.

People just don't realize how RUDE they are. If it needs to be back in their face. I'll do it.

This week, someone who has recently gained a bunch of weight said to me, "well, it looks like you're maintaining your loss"
Really? Your biz how?
Let's talk about YOU!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 194/169/145

Height: 5'4"

Reading these posts definitely helps.
Being on the weight loss/gain roller coaster of life there's nothing worse than someone asking me when I'm due, or asking how the baby's doing. I now just answer-I'm not pregnant - I'm fat. Only because the look on their face resembles how I feel when asked. It sucks.
This is a life long journey I have realized with no easy answer. I feel so much better already with IP, and see so many options with food choices now I look forward to it. I have made this commitment to myself this time, and knowing I'm not alone is definitely motivation! (And accountability!)
Old 01-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #24  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Wow Lisa, it always amazes me how that green-eyed monster, Envy can cause people to behave. They become jealous on top of their personal misery and just take verbal "swings" at us.

And then I believe many are ignorant and have no clue how ignorant they are. You are an inspiration to so many of us. Glad you shared...it helped me realize these people are in all our lives.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/202/150

Good morning

Since I started IP I have been following 100% and have felt so great about it. Last night my parents stop by and brought supper they know I'm on IP so they where trying to be supportive so they brought salads. Only problem was they had some shredded cheese on it. Because I know they where trying hard to support me I didn't want to make a big deal, so I ate it anyways. I ended up laying in bed last night and all I could think about was the stupid cheese. I'm so upset with myself for going off plan. How do you all deal with situations like these?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine17 View Post
Good morning

Since I started IP I have been following 100% and have felt so great about it. Last night my parents stop by and brought supper they know I'm on IP so they where trying to be supportive so they brought salads. Only problem was they had some shredded cheese on it. Because I know they where trying hard to support me I didn't want to make a big deal, so I ate it anyways. I ended up laying in bed last night and all I could think about was the stupid cheese. I'm so upset with myself for going off plan. How do you all deal with situations like these?
Move on. Next meal is 100% OP. One bite of cheese won't be a derailment unless you allow it to be.
And next time if people are bringing food, be sure they know ALL of your requirements, or pull something different out of the fridge to eat.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #27  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine17 View Post
Good morning

There wouldn't have been enough on the salad to put you out of Ketosis. When this has happened to me I try to discreetly shuffle the cheese to the side, or take it to the kitchen and pick out when no one's looking! Just carry on and come up with strategies for next time!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 212/202/150

Thanks for the advise. I think that's the big thing for me I have to learn to let go of small missteps. In the past something like that would totally derail me. I'm going to try my best to just let go and do my best today.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/158/155

Height: 5' 7"

Just joined this forum. This is my second week on Ideal Protein and I'm looking forward to the support and recipes on this site.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Welcome Peanut!
Closed Thread