Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #2  

Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

My avatar pic (at left, in the pink) is an edit of a pic of DH and I in FL in December. I showed the same friend that (whole) pic and she said, "Wow, Lisa, you are so little. I don't think your head matches your body anymore."

This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-18-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good Morning!

I had to so something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!
She probably didn't even think of it that way and you helped her realize what she was doing! It can be hard to say but good for you for sticking to your guns!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Feeling great today, off with the kids on an adventure! I made a mini loaf for myself using the IP vanilla drink mix and one of the expired pudding the girl sold me and guess what, this loaf didn't fall/drop. I have made about 7 loafs (in the mini loaf tin) and about 5 have dropped, still good like bread or a muffin! All you fellow IPer's have a great IP OP day. Debbie
Old 01-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!
Good for you standing up for yourself...proud of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!
I have to get some chai tea bags. Never had it before but everyone keeps raving about it!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

Lisa, good for you for putting your foot down on the peer pressure, and I hope learning to let go of whatever you are holding on to helps!

The lowest I ever remember weighing is 160 lbs, and it is ingrained in my head, although I try to ignore it, that 160 is the lowest I will ever be able to weigh. When I did IP the first time, that was my goal, but decided this time to let it go and set my goal where I wanted, not where the little voice in the back of my head told me to. Our bodies are amazing things, and I strongly believe that your mind has the ability to affect the outcome of something, even if you are physically doing everything "right".

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

IPN, the first time I had chai tea was in the latte from mcdonalds and I liked it so much I went and bought some tea bags. I like most teas, but this one seems more like a treat to me than a tea for some reason.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-18-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies
Has anyone used the cereal flakes in a recipe for anything? I'm thinking of using it crushed on some veggies like the I do with the omelet mix but I'm not very creative.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

It is so much more than calories in and calories out. People need to realize that before they judge!

We enjoyed Nebraska a lot, maybe because it is very Midwestern and quirky.

If it does not snow storm too much we will see Wolf of Wall Street this afternoon. Then hopefully watch Illinois beat Michigan State(sorry Lisa and doubtful it will happen anyway).

Started working on taxes this morning, bleh.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

If I buy a protein powder, can I just put it in my hot coffee?

The chai tea is a great idea! I put some cold coffee, ice, and syntrax nectar Oreo powder in blender. Just like a cookie crumble frappucino.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Good Morning!

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!
Lisa: Wow - you must have read my mind. I realized yesterday that as I get closer to my goal I am way less excited and motivated than one would expect. Totally baffles me. I haven't derailed myself, but I've thought about it more than I would like. That part of my brain that says "oh, one won't hurt" that has been asleep for months has woken up again and is annoying the heck out of me.

I think I may be scared that I won't be able to maintain the loss without being on P1. I've been lurking in the maintainers thread and getting good ideas and a glimpse of how maintenance will be for me, but there's this irrational fear that the minute I stop P1 I'm somehow going to instantly regain all the weight.

I think recognizing that may be the key to keep it from happening. At least I hope so!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #13  
Third time's the charm!

So I was just browsing ideal protein on Instagram, and noticed an IP clinic in Dominican stole my progress pics and posted it on their Instagram... Not sure how I feel about this... In one way, it is kind of creepy, yet in another way, it's a nice compliment that they felt my progress was share-worthy. Lol
Old 01-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Lisa: Wow - you must have read my mind. I realized yesterday that as I get closer to my goal I am way less excited and motivated than one would expect. Totally baffles me. I haven't derailed myself, but I've thought about it more than I would like. That part of my brain that says "oh, one won't hurt" that has been asleep for months has woken up again and is annoying the heck out of me.

I think I may be scared that I won't be able to maintain the loss without being on P1. I've been lurking in the maintainers thread and getting good ideas and a glimpse of how maintenance will be for me, but there's this irrational fear that the minute I stop P1 I'm somehow going to instantly regain all the weight.

I think recognizing that may be the key to keep it from happening. At least I hope so!
Oh girl, I lurked there for MONTHS! I figure it is never too early to learn about the next step. And I have so many irrational fears. But many of them are not unfounded, since I've lost/gained 100 lbs in the past. So I have history of not maintaining. I'm still learning how to make this time different.

I've already pushed past the weight I hit "last time" (175) and I'm headed toward goal.

I have to tell you, I was SHOCKED when I pulled out my summer clothes for my trip and they fit. My "fat" head said that if I wasn't on P1, those clothes wouldn't fit. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality. It has everything to do with a completely distorted body image. I'd been maintaining since Halloween. All my other clothes still fit. But I was still surprised the same-size summer clothes fit. It was just a very weird feeling.

We really can live up to "self fulfilling prophecies". What we think we are, we will be. So, now my work is to learn how to stop thinking I'm fat!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So I was just browsing ideal protein on Instagram, and noticed an IP clinic in Dominican stole my progress pics and posted it on their Instagram... Not sure how I feel about this... In one way, it is kind of creepy, yet in another way, it's a nice compliment that they felt my progress was share-worthy. Lol
That is (in my opinion) kind of creepy. I mean, it is a compliment that they thought the pics were share-worthy but still....

I think I would ask them to take the photos down.
Closed Thread