IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014

You're on Page 8 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!
    Sounds GREAT! I am going to do that! I love Chai...
  • Quote: Ohhh that sounds delish....do share the recipe. please?
    The recipe is from lisa and you can find it in the links on the very first post of the daily chat each day. It is in the middle of the page 4.

Update. OMG!!! Sooooo good. I used protidiet Maple brown sugar oatmeal. I made mini muffins (someone in the house reappropriated my big muffin pan to another task without telling me-grrr). So a quadruple batch (4packets) made 32 baby muffins, so 8 per serving. Added splash vanilla and a lot of cinnamon.. And now I have 3 days of lunch leftover.

Does anyone freeze their shredded zucchini ahead of time?? That would be good if it worked because I always have more zucchini than I know what to do with in summer and hate paying for it in winter..

Anyway, just keeping on keeping on.
  • Quote: Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off
    Fantastic job!!!

Quote: This resonates with me as I was very close mouthed about my journey as well. Admittedly, this was mostly because I had tried and failed so many times before. As a matter of fact, my youngest son asked me why was going to bother because it had failed many times before (the innocence of youth!). I explained that giving up and NOT trying, no matter how many failures preceded, was not acceptable. That was an important lesson I wanted him to learn.

Only now that I am well into this (almost 80 total, 52 on IP) do I share with anyone. My children because they were worried about my health, my best friend and gym partner who never fails to tell me how beautiful my emerging facial bones are (she is an artist) and finally, in one form or another, my husband. I have only now just begun to let him in on a little because his reactions to some of it are still mixed.

My family of 4 brother and sisters will remain in the dark for a while because I need to complete the process without comments about IP or whatever. They, and others, always have an opinion or response that I am not ready to deal with yet. I need to recall someone who posted above saying that what you think of me is not part of my picture.

So I can only echo 65X65's wisdom in suggesting that you consider carefully with whom you share the information about your weight loss.

I am not suggesting that support is not important - just work on figuring out where to find it - obviously this is where I put in a plug for all the marvelous people on this site. I should dedicate each pound I lose to individuals here. This one is for 65X65, this one Lisa, now Ruth Ann........
    You are such an incredibly supportive person
  • Congrats! I love hearing about everyone's success; truly inspirational!
  • First weigh-in was Friday; down 7 lbs, but even more... feeling great & energized! Haven't felt this way in a long time!

I hope I'm posting in the right spot, still kinda new
  • Quote: First weigh-in was Friday; down 7 lbs, but even more... feeling great & energized! Haven't felt this way in a long time!

I hope I'm posting in the right spot, still kinda new
    Congratulations bluegingham! Fantastic results. You are on your way!!!
  • Quote: Is anybody besides me having problems since yesterday- logging in to see the daily videos at my.idealprotein.com. I am receiving the daily emails but it keeps telling me there is a server problem for me to get to the website.
    I am having problems too. Was able to get in yesterday mornin, but not today.
  • Hey all! Hanging out at work. Had an early shift this am (9am) which was a struggle for me. LOL

Was running to get out of the house and spilled a cup of coffee all over the clean kitchen floor (Honey mopped last night), he just looked at me and was like "really?" I was like I"M so SORRY, I'm sleepy! He just shook his head and said get out of here I'll clean it up lol. I'm so glad he loves me.

Doing pretty well sticking to plan, and hoping to phase off by my birthday in March.
  • Quote: I am having problems too. Was able to get in yesterday mornin, but not today.
    Same here. I received the email but the link doesn't work today. Intriguing topic too--working your jaw muscle can stimulate the brain to send fat-burning signals.
  • I haven't been able to watch the video from yesterday or today, so their site must be having maintenance or be down for some reason.

I want to congratulate ALL of you that are having success, whether it's on the scale or off. Doesn't matter if it's losing half a pound or 10 pounds...it's a success. I am happy to say that I did go to bed last night without giving in to the snacking urges. That's a success for me. I have my day planned out...with snacks that I can have to go along with our big SEAHAWKS game today.

I have great support from my family. My little one actually commented about my salad I was having for lunch, telling me that it looked so good and she wants one like that. Not bad for a 10 year old! And my husband said that he was actually jealous of some of the food I was eating (been stir-frying a lot) and that it smelled so good and he thinks the whole family should eat like that too. So he bought a lot of shrimp and even more veggies than normal so that everyone can have it for dinner. I'd be thrilled if I could get all of my kids to eat like I am. My kids at home don't have weight issues at all, are super active and healthy, so I haven't worried about them at all. But better now to get them switched completely off of processed foods and eating clean. That'll make it even easier for me when I phase off AND will help me not to have those snacking urges anymore.
  • Quote: Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off!
    WTG!

Quote: The recipe is from lisa and you can find it in the links on the very first post of the daily chat each day. It is in the middle of the page 4.

Update. OMG!!! Sooooo good. I used protidiet Maple brown sugar oatmeal. I made mini muffins (someone in the house reappropriated my big muffin pan to another task without telling me-grrr). So a quadruple batch (4packets) made 32 baby muffins, so 8 per serving. Added splash vanilla and a lot of cinnamon.. And
    I just finished making (and eating) these too with the protidiet Maple oatmeal! So yummy - thanks for the recipe Lisa! I haven't tried too many packet hacks since I switched to alternatives and am glad they work just as well as the IP packets.
  • Deana: I don't know how in the world I missed your pics yesterday. You look radiant!

Quote: The recipe is from lisa and you can find it in the links on the very first post of the daily chat each day. It is in the middle of the page 4.

Does anyone freeze their shredded zucchini ahead of time?? That would be good if it worked because I always have more zucchini than I know what to do with in summer and hate paying for it in winter..
    Yup! I actually shred & cook ahead of time. I freeze into ice cube trays, knowing how much each cube contains of original raw. Then all the cunpbes go in a ziploc.

Quote: Doing pretty well sticking to plan, and hoping to phase off by my birthday in March.
    Me too! I WILL be phasing off in March. If I need to return for any more weight. I'll do it in June. My thyroid needs the break. But I'm guessing I'll be at or close to goal.
  • Quote:
    This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.
    '

Lisa,

I believe that to be true about some stalls. I also know that once I've gotten past some bumps in the journey, my bm's seem more 'odourous' (how does one say that delicately?)

Can't help but also believe that's a sign of finally letting go of some 'painful memory event' that's been stored in the fat cushioning I've developed to help me feel less sensitive to it.

Though not in every case, Weight loss is sometimes more than just physiological... Many people's bodies store memories.

Annik
  • Quote: Hello all!
    I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
    best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
    Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
    Great job Deanna ! You look incredible...but your happy is contagious! Good for you and you deserve to grin ... And giggle!
    We are all so proud of you! You are an inspiration. We love your success!!
  • so lettuce does not count towards your 2 cups of veggies right?