IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • My third weigh in is TOMORROW and I don't know why I'm so nervous. I have been 100% OP but have always slowed weigh down with my weight loss in the 3rd week. Anyone else have this kind of experience? Or has it been different with IP?
  • I can really relate with all of these posts right now. Work this week was rough, especially yesterday. I was working with someone who was not pulling their weight and forcing me to pick up the slack (I work in a hospital and peoples lives are in the balance) and when I asked for help he started laughing at me and telling me that I needed to work hard to make more money. I have never in my life been closer to blowing up at a co-worker. I actually had to remove myself from the situation.

Not to mention that I think my supervisor is on a personal crusade to give us all diabetes. He brought in Donuts yesterday and Frosties the day before.

And I am so over hearing everyone's opinions on what they think I should be eating. One woman looked at me in abject horror when I told her I wasn't eating carbs and proceeded to lecture me on the virtues of brown rice and whole grains. I just have to smile and nod. Good lord almighty.

Whew. Sorry for the rant.
  • Quote: My third weigh in is TOMORROW and I don't know why I'm so nervous. I have been 100% OP but have always slowed weigh down with my weight loss in the 3rd week. Anyone else have this kind of experience? Or has it been different with IP?
    My 3rd WI was this week as well, and yes it was less than the previous weeks. Lost 9 the first week, 4 the second and then 1.6 this week. But as long as the scale is moving down, that's fine! It's normal to have a big drop at first and it's also normal to have some slower weeks. All part of the process. I'm sure you will have lost inches, too. I'm learning to not just look at the scale as the ultimate indicator, but also at how I am feeling overall. I get nervous/anxious/excited for WI, too...but you have to remember that it's just what you are weighing at that moment and the scale will fluctuate. As long as your are staying OP you are doing great! Good luck...and relax!
  • Thank you jendilly, I needed to hear that! I have a very long history of eating issues so I tend to get stuck on the number aspect and forget there is so much more to focus on!
  • Quote: My third weigh in is TOMORROW and I don't know why I'm so nervous. I have been 100% OP but have always slowed weigh down with my weight loss in the 3rd week. Anyone else have this kind of experience? Or has it been different with IP?
    After the first couple of weeks, you've dropped most of the water so after that you get smaller losses b/c more of it is ONLY fat.
    This is why losses are bigger at first.
    Cut the carbs and the inflammation (water weight) diminishes immediately!
  • I'm new to this forum & find all of your info, stories, tips & progress very helpful! Thank you for sharing. Very motivated!
  • Quote: I can really relate with all of these posts right now. Work this week was rough, especially yesterday. I was working with someone who was not pulling their weight and forcing me to pick up the slack (I work in a hospital and peoples lives are in the balance) and when I asked for help he started laughing at me and telling me that I needed to work hard to make more money. I have never in my life been closer to blowing up at a co-worker. I actually had to remove myself from the situation.

Not to mention that I think my supervisor is on a personal crusade to give us all diabetes. He brought in Donuts yesterday and Frosties the day before.

And I am so over hearing everyone's opinions on what they think I should be eating. One woman looked at me in abject horror when I told her I wasn't eating carbs and proceeded to lecture me on the virtues of brown rice and whole grains. I just have to smile and nod. Good lord almighty.

Whew. Sorry for the rant.
    Sending your way!! Sometimes people can make you You are doing great!!

Good Morning/afternoon everyone,

Hope you all have a great weekend! Cold and rain/snow mixture here. I have a bit of a cold, so drinking warm things!!

to you all!!
  • Quote: Just joined this forum. This is my second week on Ideal Protein and I'm looking forward to the support and recipes on this site.

you will do great!!
  • Hey, thanks to all for your responses and support! I am always motivated and refreshed on these boards. Feeling good about the choices we are making to take care of ourselves outweighs the junk and unsupportive comments some people are determined to throw our way during the process.
    I'm ALWAYS nervous about weigh-ins, period! So much so that I will cut out water all day and practically fast before an afternoon weigh in. Then the combined hunger & relief lead to binging on IP treats on the way home from the weigh-in. Weighing is necessary to get to goal but it's a double-edged sword. I'm weighing but trying to focus on the NSV, clothes size, and improved mental clarity that come with IP success--and I do mean trying ; )
  • Quote: So I was just browsing ideal protein on Instagram, and noticed an IP clinic in Dominican stole my progress pics and posted it on their Instagram... Not sure how I feel about this... In one way, it is kind of creepy, yet in another way, it's a nice compliment that they felt my progress was share-worthy. Lol
    Wow Shrinkingsusie, the clinic should only be posting pics of their successful clients on IP. That's what they want people to believe is that you los the wright with their clinic to get more clients. I would have been shocked. I can see this happening, think about the commercials on TV - those people are all paid actors, and we never no really if they are "successful" or truly use the products they claim to indorse.
  • Quote: Good Morning!
    Sorry I'm late.
    Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

My avatar pic (at left, in the pink) is an edit of a pic of DH and I in FL in December. I showed the same friend that (whole) pic and she said, "Wow, Lisa, you are so little. I don't think your head matches your body anymore."

This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
    I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!
    Makes complete sense to me! This has been a spiritual and mental journal, just as much as it has been physical and medical. You can't tease apart all of these components. We've got to take care of all of them to be successful and happy on our quest for better health.
  • WI this morning, down 3 more during week 5! Day 1 of TOM today - belch.
    Even better, my 16 yo daughter came to have a convo with my coach. DD has just a few extra lbs on her frame and is involved in sports, but is teased at school bc she isn't a twig. My WONDERFUL coach spoke with her about healthy eating, body image and is going to send her info on glycemic index for food so she can make better choices. Treading the line very carefully on this one and hoping it helps her avoid my experiences.

So impressed by the reactions/comebacks some of you have done in response to poor choices by those around you. I am very blessed to have a very supportive DH and friends and family - I hope that continues!
  • I had a talk with my coach on Wed due to my weightloss stalling and being stuck at 215.... I am working out 2x's a day because it makes me feel good and I have alot of energy right now. I have several people commenting on my weight even one of the instructors at my RPM class. She was so impressed when I told her I am down 40 pounds since November.
    My coach was thinking maybe I should do three shakes during the day and then have a good dinner. I started this new regimen and wow the scale is moving I am now at 213 and that is really big to me. I would like to hit 199 by February and I know with IP that it is possible.
    I had a member ask if I had a tummy tuck last week. I love the compliments...I am learning that it is not a green light to eat food and am learning when I get stressed or hurt I just go lay down and take a nap. I even had the urge to go to the gym and workout my frustration.
    My old boss came into my office this week and he would never compliment or say anything to me when he worked with me due to his belief that is not allowed at work these days. He asked me how much weight I lost and I told him 40 pounds and he said it looked good gone. Wow what a compliment It made my YEAR......
    I just want you all to know that this sight is such a blessing and I love the support you all give us and how we can vent and get things off our chest. Without going to the fridge or cupboard and eat something...
    Another great thing my daughter started this on Thursday and she is really liking it and she says I'm her inspiration....
  • Quote: Morning ladies
    Has anyone used the cereal flakes in a recipe for anything? I'm thinking of using it crushed on some veggies like the I do with the omelet mix but I'm not very creative.
    Don't know about packet hacks but I love your dog!! We had rotties for gazillions of years but now have a houseful of Nottweilers!!!

Have a great day.