3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Friendly Potluck Recipes? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291726-ip-friendly-potluck-recipes.html)

Sashadee 01-16-2014 08:55 PM

IP Friendly Potluck Recipes?

Hello!

We're having a potluck at my job for one of my friends that is leaving and I would like to be able to bring a dish. Does anyone have an idea for something IP friendly that can feed a group of 20 or so and won't break the bank?

Slipfree 01-16-2014 09:01 PM

How about Big Mac in a Bowl?

ColoradoCarol 01-16-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashadee (Post 4921239)
Hello!

We're having a potluck at my job for one of my friends that is leaving and I would like to be able to bring a dish. Does anyone have an idea for something IP friendly that can feed a group of 20 or so and won't break the bank?

Not really original - but I do a veggie tray. King Soopers (part of Kroger stores) has ready made ones in the produce section, but at Thanksgiving I ordered one from the deli - it was about $27. You could also do a large salad. My co workers know my diet and know that I will most likely bring veggies. One of my other co workers cooked a turkey and cut it up and brought it in.

ems70508 01-16-2014 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I do the veggies spiral dish for holidays. I put sautéed mushrooms on the bottom instead of onions, slice the veggies with my mandolin and lay in spiral. I think this recipe uses potatoes but I used turnips! The turnips take longer than anything else so I put them in a pan first to soften. Pour a little bit of low sodium broth and season to your taste. The recipe calls for cheese on top (pictured) but I omit that. I've attached the pic from my Pinterest board! I used this recipe for thanksgiving and Christmas and everyone was thankful for a clean side veggie that wasn't creamed. Plus it makes a great presentation!

JLUS 01-16-2014 09:38 PM

I have made sweet and spicy roasted rutabagas for group meals. I took this to both Thanksgiving and Christmas as a potato/sweet potato alternative and every person had a serving and many had seconds!

Cut into small cubes and toss with EVOO and spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, cinnamon and Splenda. I have also added curry powder.) Roast until tender. Stir occasionally and keep an eye on them once they start browning.

(I kept the cayenne on the lighter side for a group, though when I make it for home I use a bit more because we like spice-heat!)

I have also taken a cauliflower mash to sub for mashed potatoes and again, it was gone by the end of the night!

lisa32989 01-16-2014 09:40 PM

I always bring a huge veggie tray. When I chop them myself, it is much less expensive than buying pre-cut from deli.

Sashadee 01-16-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4921275)
I do the veggies spiral dish for holidays. I put sautéed mushrooms on the bottom instead of onions, slice the veggies with my mandolin and lay in spiral. I think this recipe uses potatoes but I used turnips! The turnips take longer than anything else so I put them in a pan first to soften. Pour a little bit of low sodium broth and season to your taste. The recipe calls for cheese on top (pictured) but I omit that. I've attached the pic from my Pinterest board! I used this recipe for thanksgiving and Christmas and everyone was thankful for a clean side veggie that wasn't creamed. Plus it makes a great presentation!

Someone has already committed to a veggie tray so that is out but this looks delish!

Sashadee 01-16-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4921285)
I have made sweet and spicy roasted rutabagas for group meals. I took this to both Thanksgiving and Christmas as a potato/sweet potato alternative and every person had a serving and many had seconds!

Cut into small cubes and toss with EVOO and spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, cinnamon and Splenda. I have also added curry powder.) Roast until tender. Stir occasionally and keep an eye on them once they start browning.

(I kept the cayenne on the lighter side for a group, though when I make it for home I use a bit more because we like spice-heat!)

I have also taken a cauliflower mash to sub for mashed potatoes and again, it was gone by the end of the night!

I've never had or cooked a rutabaga so I may test this recipe out this weekend to make sure I'm doing it right before feeding it to my coworkers

JLUS 01-16-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashadee (Post 4921338)
I've never had or cooked a rutabaga so I may test this recipe out this weekend to make sure I'm doing it right before feeding it to my coworkers

FYI - they are often sold as "wax turnips" and look a little intimidating. They are literally covered in a waxy skin. Just peel with a vegetable peeler. They are pretty hard so use a good knife when slicing and curbing!

Just be sure they get cooked until soft- they take longer than potatoes. I do a similar spicing ( minus cinnamon and Splenda) if I am making rutabaga fries. But I love the spice/sweet combo with the roasted cubes.

OK, now I am hungry. Will have to make these with my pork chops this weekend!

SarahJ86 01-17-2014 12:03 AM

What about deviled eggs with the WF mayo? My coworker has brought this to potlucks many times. It's not really a main dish if that's what you're looking for. But always a hit!

Sashadee 01-17-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahJ86 (Post 4921379)
What about deviled eggs with the WF mayo? My coworker has brought this to potlucks many times. It's not really a main dish if that's what you're looking for. But always a hit!

Perfect! I think I'll make deviled eggs and the baked veggies

PurpleMomster 01-17-2014 09:10 AM

I did a green bean/red pepper dish at Christmas that was a big hit and you could make lots of it.

Take a couple bags of frozen French-cut style green beans, sliced red peppers and put them on a baking sheet. Toss with EVOO, some garlic salt/powder, sea salt and a bit of ginger. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 turning occasionally so they cook evenly.

I made them ahead of time and warmed them up in the microwave.

Jo

ssubert 01-17-2014 12:53 PM

Turkey meatballs with green enchilada sauce

I've taken turkey meatballs in a crockpot with green enchilada sauce to a potluck.
I let most of the sauce drip off my serving but the enchilada sauce didn't have added sugar so it wasn't too bad.
And for those that weren't on IP, I had sour cream on the side.

dak1lls 01-17-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4921588)
I did a green bean/red pepper dish at Christmas that was a big hit and you could make lots of it.

Take a couple bags of frozen French-cut style green beans, sliced red peppers and put them on a baking sheet. Toss with EVOO, some garlic salt/powder, sea salt and a bit of ginger. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 turning occasionally so they cook evenly.

I made them ahead of time and warmed them up in the microwave.

Jo

Oh, that sounds yummy! I love all these ideas. I made deviled eggs a long time ago but haven't made any lately. All these ideas are making me hungry and wanting to get in the kitchen and cook!

I made a pulled pork recipe that is IP friendly. You can make a lot and serve it alone or with buns on the side. I usually have mine mixed with sauteed cabbage (sauteed in grapeseed oil with a little red pepper flakes sprinkled in). We eat it mixed together and it is so good with some WF BBQ sauce drizzled on top. I think it would be easy to keep warm or warm up prior to serving.

Lynnie63 01-17-2014 01:25 PM

This is great - we have a family party coming up on February and I'll still be on program.

I was thinking of making ratatouille, replacing shallots for the onions. I also have the Moosewood vegetarian cookbooks I was going to go thru for ideas.

I made the rutabaga puff for Thanksgiving - it got a fairly warm reception, not too many people at it. I made roasted cauliflower for Christmas.

shrinkingsusie 01-17-2014 09:27 PM

German cucumber salad substituting sour cream with WF mayo and sugar with sweetener. I have eaten so much of it this week the roof of my mouth is raw from the vinegar!

Jessiloo 06-26-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4922141)
German cucumber salad substituting sour cream with WF mayo and sugar with sweetener. I have eaten so much of it this week the roof of my mouth is raw from the vinegar!

What’s this recipe?!

canadjineh 11-04-2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessiloo (Post 5362583)
What’s this recipe?!

https://thatlowcarblife.com/german-cucumber-salad/

Liana