Old 01-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #31  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

A while back there was a thread called "what's your favorite packet." I remember being so amazed that people had such varied experiences with IP food.

What one person loves, another can't stand. You'll need to keep trying foods until you find what works for you.

I stayed on IP 100% for 9 months and lost 83 pounds. I reached goal last March. I always had a fruit drink in the morning (piña colada, mango peach, or pineapple banana - that's it). For lunch I had broc-cheese soup, chicken soup, or a la king, each with sautéed garlic, veggies, and lots of spices. I always put curry in the chicken soup. Yum! - to me!

Snacks were always rotated between chocolate crunch bars, choc soy puffs, sw cheese puffs, white cheddar curls (I called them cheddar cardboard curls, but they served the purpose of cheesy and salty) and that's it! Chocolate ready made drinks were always on hand for travel lunches. Not too much variety for 9 months, but just enough. I still enjoy those foods. Right now I'm on my annual 2 week January reboot to lose the 6 pounds that came on in the last 4 months and I'm enjoying the foods again. I've got 3 more pounds to lose, then I'll phase off. Meanwhile, I'm really thankful for IP. It changed my life. But you have to decide to find something that tastes good to you.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #32  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie in AZ View Post
wow. thanks for all the replies. my coach let me swap out some packets today which was really nice. and I discovered that I really like the ready made mango. I also got nutritional facts on each item which is interesting. at least now I know I will fare a bit better for the rest of the week.
Kimmie, Glad to hear you were able to switch out some packets. You will find your own groove in this diet and what works best for you. As other people have said, what one person likes, another person might not be able to (pardon the punn) stomach. I do mostly drinks and puddings, and wafers as my restricted.

Congrats.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/180/130

Height: 5' 2"

It's funny to say, but even though I'm over-weight, I'm a very picky eater! I'm on my first week, so I'm trying the pouches with an open-mind. ... I know when I find a few ones I like, I'll probably stick with them!
Jaymie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 193/173/150

Height: 5'4"

I only use the ore made drinks...chocolate, vanilla and cappuccino. Tried all of the others at least once and sometimes twice but couldn't stand them. The one exception was a great recipe using one packet of chocolate and two cups of zucchini and I don't remember the other couple if items but it made delicious muffins when I needed 'bread'.
vtcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 231/176/135

Height: 5'5

I know what you mean. The first time I tried the chocolate pudding I almost had to choke it down. Now I've become adjusted to it and it's one of my favorite snacks. I had the same reaction to the chicken noodle soup. I even added some extra herbs and flavor to it but it was still horrid. Luckily my coach exchanged it for me.

The rotini wasn't one of my favorites until I drenched it in my homemade marinara sauce. The recipes here and ones I've searched for online have been a lifesaver otherwise I would have already failed.

Keeping trying new things and stick to the ones you like. After the first couple weeks you'll get the hang if it!

Best of luck to you!!!
carliemartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #36  
Start date 1-13-14

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I hate for this to be my first thread, but how are you guys doing this? I really really want and need to lose weight, and haven't cheated. I'm not even hungry. But seriously - whatever is in these food packets for the majority are disgusting so far. I had the chicken noodle soup today - I almost barfed getting that down. Yesterday I made the rotini w/steamed broccoli and whatever that rotini is made with I could not eat - and this was with oil, salt, pepper etc.

The drink/snack packets are completely artificial tasting to me which I find gross.

The omelet was ok, the bars are ok. I haven't been through everything yet. I'm hoping I can find something in the variety that I can eat and stick with.
I had the same feelings towards most of the packets. I use only the pre made drinks, brownies, peanut butter vanilla bars and peanut butter bars.
I've learned that there are lots of veggies that I would've never tried that I really like. The diet gets much easier week 3. Good luck !
Last Hurrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I actually find most of what I've tried pretty tasty, but I will say that the flavours grow on you!! The first time I tried the ready made chocolate pudding I thought it was grainy. The next time, it tasted not too bad! LOL. Same with the caramel nut bars - the first time I was so disappointed because it tasted like diabetic chocolate and not the Oh Henry I was expecting (ha ha). But the next time I had a chocolate craving and had a bar, it sure tasted good!! Keep trying, and as others have said, experiment with adding veggies to some packets... and spend some time browsing recipes online. Good luck!
JanMarie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #38  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm on day 6 and have been able to tolerate most of the packets in my sample pack but yesterday I had the lemon pudding! Ugh, it was the first thing that I couldn't even eat, and I was hungry. Unfortunately I didn't have a back up packet at work so I had to wait until I got home.
gnalosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #39  

The lemon pudding makes great lemon/zucchini muffins.
Recipe in Recipes #4 thread
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Quote:
I hate for this to be my first thread, but how are you guys doing this? I really really want and need to lose weight, and haven't cheated. I'm not even hungry. But seriously - whatever is in these food packets for the majority are disgusting so far. I had the chicken noodle soup today - I almost barfed getting that down. Yesterday I made the rotini w/steamed broccoli and whatever that rotini is made with I could not eat - and this was with oil, salt, pepper etc.

The drink/snack packets are completely artificial tasting to me which I find gross.

The omelet was ok, the bars are ok. I haven't been through everything yet. I'm hoping I can find something in the variety that I can eat and stick with.
Tee hee ... Just stick to the drinks & bars. If you think the packets are bad, DON't even try Walden Farms products. When I did IP the first time, I went all gung-ho and ordered a ton of WF, I put them all in the trash, tasted like chemicals ( and I am a chemist. lol) My coach said, "oh, I would have taken them & used them" really? They can't be good for you at all. I would rather go without. I stick to chocolate protein shakes, bars and sometime dill zippers Good Luck
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 289/262/205

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
My very first day I wanted to throw up also.
I almost did...had it not been for water right by my side, I would've lost the nasty and disgusting herbs and cheese omelet. It was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever eaten.

I'm on day 4 and I'm finding it impossible to fulfill the vegetable requirements. I can't seem to be able to get 4 cups down. It's just too much food. I was told yesterday, by my coach, that I can eat 4 cups throughout the day, so I'll snack all day. That'll help.

As for the food: I've only tried that omelet, the chocolate drink, the rice crispy snack and rotini. The rotini is not horrible, but it is the way I do it.

Can anyone send me a link to rotini recipes?

Last edited by Jax13; 09-17-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Jax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax13 View Post
I almost did...had it not been for water right by my side, I would've lost the nasty and disgusting herbs and cheese omelet. It was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever eaten.

I'm on day 4 and I'm finding it impossible to fulfill the vegetable requirements. I can't seem to be able to get 4 cups down. It's just too much food. I was told yesterday, by my coach, that I can eat 4 cups throughout the day, so I'll snack all day. That'll help.

As for the food: I've only tried that omelet, the chocolate drink, the rice crispy snack and rotini. The rotini is not horrible, but it is the way I do it.

Can anyone send me a link to rotini recipes?
Look through the recipe threads and you will find lots of good recipes, including with rotini. Here is one of many threads that says it includes rotini. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-4-a.html

I like roasting many of my veggies which makes them more palatable and also shrinks them. I also like rhubarb (which I still have a bit in my garden) sweetened as a fruity tasting vegetable. Jicama that is fresh is almost like an apple. You need to look around, and the 4 cups of veggies will no longer seem like a lot.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote