3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291606-ip-daily-chat.html)

fishnchik 01-13-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdavis55 (Post 4918347)
I am happy to report a whopping -10 after week 1.

Woohoo! Doing the happy dance for you. ;):D:D:D

65X65 01-13-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4918328)
I decided to edit my tracker as you suggest because I lost weight before I started IP. IP just accelerated it.

There are multiple chapters to many of these stories! Congrats to you too!

schenectady 01-13-2014 01:21 PM

Today, I was a little sore from the gym and decided to work on getting my exercise 'naturally'. So, despite incredible winds and cold out here in Seattle, I trucked out to the yard. I raked downed branches and pine needles, cleaned up after the dog, weeded and pruned the gardens, spread crushed rock, swept our sports court and hauled the two 96 gallon yard waste containers to the street.

All that took me 1 1/2 hours but I know in the past I would have found a thousand excuses for not getting out there. Now even though I KNOW it is not logical, I am hoping that kicks my body over the 50 pound mark tomorrow.

65X65 I appreciate your point regarding updating the ticker for the total amount weight off, even if some is before IP. I keep both starting numbers in my head and on my profile, but I sort of decided to keep just the IP weight loss on the ticker - I wanted to separate that out since that is the program the rest of everyone is on. I think it is because I am so happy and proud of how well the program works that I want the true number to stand!

sarahBell 01-13-2014 01:27 PM

I am so starved today ARGH! I did a 20 min work out on the elliptical this AM (well 17 mins because little peanut woke up) and I am trying NOT to graze or snack on anything that is sugary :( I am on sugar with draws!

lisa32989 01-13-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensthree (Post 4918362)
I wanted to share a NSV. Yesterday I wenr shopping out of town with my daughter and planned to be home for lunch. We got stuck thou and didn't return till 3pm. My daughter was starving by 1 pm. So I. Stopped and got her fast food. Even with the smell and how good I knew it would taste... I didn't really want it. Not even a fry! I know I hit ketosis, but I didn't think it would be that easy to say not and not even cheat a tiny bit! Super proud of myself! Can't wait to weigh in Wed. to see what the scale says! Thanks for all the support in this forum! It is you all that I draw strength from! <3 Jen

Isn't it amazing how wonderfully ketosis works? My friends can't believe I never want to cheat & I try to explain it but ALL OF YOU truly understand

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4918399)
Today, I was a little sore from the gym and decided to work on getting my exercise 'naturally'. So, despite incredible winds and cold out here in Seattle, I trucked out to the yard. I raked downed branches and pine needles, cleaned up after the dog, weeded and pruned the gardens, spread crushed rock, swept our sports court and hauled the two 96 gallon yard waste containers to the street.

All that took me 1 1/2 hours but I know in the past I would have found a thousand excuses for not getting out there. Now even though I KNOW it is not logical, I am hoping that kicks my body over the 50 pound mark tomorrow.

65X65 I appreciate your point regarding updating the ticker for the total amount weight off, even if some is before IP. I keep both starting numbers in my head and on my profile, but I sort of decided to keep just the IP weight loss on the ticker - I wanted to separate that out since that is the program the rest of everyone is on. I think it is because I am so happy and proud of how well the program works that I want the true number to stand!

Wow! That's a LOT Of work. Made me tired just reading it :dizzy:
You CAN have 2 tickers, if you want, ya know :hug:

sarahBell 01-13-2014 01:58 PM

I was checking my sheet for P1 and lamb is not on there, is it because it is to high in fat? I have out some little lamb T-bones for dinner and I want to know if I should take out something else for me

ColoradoCarol 01-13-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4918438)
I was checking my sheet for P1 and lamb is not on there, is it because it is to high in fat? I have out some little lamb T-bones for dinner and I want to know if I should take out something else for me

I don't eat lamb but, my 2 cents - if it isn't on the sheet don't eat it. I don't let myself eat anything not on the list because I know that once I open that door, I will allow other things in.

lisa32989 01-13-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4918438)

Its a little higher fat. I still have it occasionally, as have many other folks I've watched be successful over the 1.5 years I've been here. Just trim the fat carefully on your pieces. You should be fine. Some people find that a bit of a higher fat meat occasionally actually helps with a whoosh. The more I learn about fats, the more I learn they really aren't what are making us fat. It is the carbs and ESPECIALLY the carb/fat combos.

nolasmurf 01-13-2014 02:43 PM

Question for those that have made cauliflower tortillas /wraps etc. how did you store them? I want to make a batch of them for tacos tonight and veggie pizzas tomorrow. Can't eat a batch of six in one sitting , and Honey is allergic to cauliflower. One day might be okay in a ziplock and in the fridge but I'm thinking long term. Freezing maybe? Any one attempted?

wyowoman74 01-13-2014 02:55 PM

It is great to hear all the NSVs. I am on my second week of reboot, using alternatives, and really feeling good. I love how this diet changes my relationship with food. Those carb cravings really go away and I find myself hungry at appropriate times (like meal time) and not ALL THE TIME like before.

lisa32989 01-13-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4918490)
Question for those that have made cauliflower tortillas /wraps etc. how did you store them? I want to make a batch of them for tacos tonight and veggie pizzas tomorrow. Can't eat a batch of six in one sitting , and Honey is allergic to cauliflower. One day might be okay in a ziplock and in the fridge but I'm thinking long term. Freezing maybe? Any one attempted?

I haven't attempted but I'd guess parchment paper between each one & then flat in the freezer in a ziploc. I just usually make them to order :)

wstarkes 01-13-2014 03:27 PM

Good afternoon all. I'm a newbie. Been on IP with alternatives for 11 days now and down 12.5 lbs so far. Yippee! Just the motivation I need to keep going. Trying to get a friend to join in with me so we can be eachother's motivation. I have a coworker who is in her last 5 lbs of Phase 1. She looks amazing and was the reason I started. Happy week to all!

nolasmurf 01-13-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4918505)
I haven't attempted but I'd guess parchment paper between each one & then flat in the freezer in a ziploc. I just usually make them to order :)

I'll give it a try. Who knows they may not last long enough to freeze. The more I read on them the more idea I'm seeing of ways to enjoy them! ;)

Ruth Ann 01-13-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstarkes (Post 4918516)
Good afternoon all. I'm a newbie. Been on IP with alternatives for 11 days now and down 12.5 lbs so far. Yippee! Just the motivation I need to keep going. Trying to get a friend to join in with me so we can be eachother's motivation. I have a coworker who is in her last 5 lbs of Phase 1. She looks amazing and was the reason I started. Happy week to all!

Outstanding start wstarkes! It's so motivating to see the weight coming off!

If your friend can't join you (or even if they do!), this board can be your motivational buddy - so many great people here are ready to cheer you on, answer questions and generally help keep you on track.

sarahBell 01-13-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4918453)
Its a little higher fat. I still have it occasionally, as have many other folks I've watched be successful over the 1.5 years I've been here. Just trim the fat carefully on your pieces. You should be fine. Some people find that a bit of a higher fat meat occasionally actually helps with a whoosh. The more I learn about fats, the more I learn they really aren't what are making us fat. It is the carbs and ESPECIALLY the carb/fat combos.

I trim all the fat off of mine, and take the meat off the bones so I can get an accurate weight for me. BUT they are marinating in a combo of garlic, ginger, ground cardamom. cumin .coriander, salt, pepper, evoo

These were the last 2 packages we had so I needed to use them before they get too old!