Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #31  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am one pound away from the 50 pound mark so I am being very careful, trying to make sure I hit the mark. I have yet to decide what I am going to do to celebrate.

GO SEAHAWKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I'm right there with you at the 1lb away from 50, I haven't clue what to do to celebrate either. Maybe a massage.

WHO DAT! Geaux Saints!
Hooray for being so close to -50! That is exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Okay - I bought a rutabaga at the store. I have never eaten rutabaga (that I recall). I am anxious to tru the rutabaga fries. Anyone have any helpful hints?

I will probably have them with Big Mac in a bowl tomorrow during the Broncos/Chargers game. Go Broncos.
I have found I prefer them as chips rather than fries - I just kind of thin slice them, do whatever seasonings I want and then bake them (I also use foil cause I'm lazy!).
Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yum! I slice them in fry-sized pieces, mist with olive oil, then sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper but your favorite spice blend will do. Cook at 350* for 40ish minutes then hit them on broil to crisp them up.

Watch carefully, they will burn fast. I recommend not leaving the kitchen while you're broiling...time will pass quickly and 30 seconds too much will result in inedible rutabaga fries (basically a very unfortunate event, I speak from experience)

Enjoy!

Ps. I line the cookie sheet with foil. I am lazy
I have a large rutabaga in the fridge right now, haven't made those in a while, your recipe is making me crave them. Will definitely make these tomorrow for supper
Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

I have had a 9 pound loss this week. Very exciting!!!!

Congrats on the 50 pound loss, that is a great prize for a lot of hard work!

I'm going to hide the scale this week and only weigh in on Saturday mornings. The daily weigh ins depress me when they fluctuate. I've been thinking of only weighing in on my wii fit. Does anyone know if they are accurate?

Thank you for clearing up my question about the fat and sugar. That helps me understand a bit better.

In other news, I continue to try out my Nashua products. Had a pancake with wf pancake syrup this morning. While the syrup was good, the pancake had a strange taste. The same taste that the chicken noodle soup had. I'm wondering if its the protein? I guess my taste buds are just sensitive to it.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #34  

Zoerba: The best time to determine your wiifit accuracy would have been right after your WI - to compare the two.

Mine is pretty accurate but I don't know if all are.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
Busy with the kids now but will add that info when I can. I'm stuck at 150, was 170 when I started the plan, have been bouncing around here since October but cheated all through December.
Well, if you've been cheating, you've answered your own question.
Stick to the plan. Give it time to work.
Stay off the scale except for weekly WIs. And know what causes inflammation (water weight)
Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post
In other news, I continue to try out my Nashua products. Had a pancake with wf pancake syrup this morning. While the syrup was good, the pancake had a strange taste. The same taste that the chicken noodle soup had. I'm wondering if its the protein? I guess my taste buds are just sensitive to it.
these items aren't going to taste exactly like their flour/sugar/fat cousins. We definitely must adjust our palates
Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #37  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I've never tried rutabaga, nor would I even know what they look like in the store...but I want to try those fries or chips.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow. I will be at an event (chaperoning someone while she hosts a concert) from 8am to 5pm. I don't know what I'm going to do about food. I can take a bar and maybe a bag of veggies to munch on. Any other ideas? Not sure if there will be a "green room" with snacks and such. I'm guessing so, because the performers will need to eat something at some point...but who knows what will be in there. Any tips??

Ready to watch the game with my healthy snacks... GO HAWKS!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #38  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I've never tried rutabaga, nor would I even know what they look like in the store...but I want to try those fries or chips.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow. I will be at an event (chaperoning someone while she hosts a concert) from 8am to 5pm. I don't know what I'm going to do about food. I can take a bar and maybe a bag of veggies to munch on. Any other ideas? Not sure if there will be a "green room" with snacks and such. I'm guessing so, because the performers will need to eat something at some point...but who knows what will be in there. Any tips??

Ready to watch the game with my healthy snacks... GO HAWKS!!!!
Jendilly - totally didn't know what a rutabaga looked like - relied on the signs in the store
Old 01-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Happy Saturday everyone! It's rainy and warm here in virginia. Almost 70 degrees! I'm definitely enjoying the break from single digit temps. I head back to school next week I'm not ready for this break to be over, it has been so relaxing. Working full time and going to school full time is pretty stressful but I graduate in May so at least there is a light at the end of this tunnel!

Decided to make a lot of my food for next week today so that I have one less thing on my plate (ha ha) while I'm getting acclimated to my schedule.
So far I have portobello 'pizza' topped with loads of veggies, lean burgers for Big Mac in a bowl, ground lamb seasoned with Greek seasoning (I'm going to try the 'taco salad' Greek Style) and a Thai ginger soup with mushrooms, basil and bok choy.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jen, arrive with coffee/tea in hand. Bring plenty of water. Do you have a ready to drink shake? If not, have a packet before you leave in the am. For a little protein, boiled eggs travel well, add your bag of veggies and your bar. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I would take a soft-side cooler with anything I needed for the day, including a bar, water, a drink mix. Myself, I prefer a spinach smoothie so I'd take that all prepared in a big Tervis Tumbler (they keep for hours in the tumber inside a soft-side cooler).

For situations like that, I don't take anything that needs to be heated, in case there is no way to heat items. I have been known to take pre-heated soup in a thermos, with added veggie puree.
You could also add a container or ziploc of lettuce and some OP dressing.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Jendilly - totally didn't know what a rutabaga looked like - relied on the signs in the store
I might suggest Google Imaging both rutabaga and turnips.

The 2 big grocery stores in my town had the signs switched and rutabaga is an occasional veggie. Just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #43  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Rutabaga

I LOVE mashed rutabaga! Hubby makes it every once in a while. Peel and chunk it, boil till fok tender, then blend in the Ninja blender or mash it however you would do. Season with S & P, maybe some garlic... Yum!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #44  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I would take a soft-side cooler with anything I needed for the day, including a bar, water, a drink mix. Myself, I prefer a spinach smoothie so I'd take that all prepared in a big Tervis Tumbler (they keep for hours in the tumber inside a soft-side cooler).

For situations like that, I don't take anything that needs to be heated, in case there is no way to heat items. I have been known to take pre-heated soup in a thermos, with added veggie puree.
You could also add a container or ziploc of lettuce and some OP dressing.
I'm not sure I can bring a cooler to be honest. I may just have to bring stuff in my purse and hope for the best. Just found out that there will be lots of food in the green room...and I'm sure lots of temptations all around as I'm sitting there for several hours. Time for more will power. I know I can do it.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Sashadee: Great job planning and prepping for the upcoming week!
Closed Thread