3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/11 - Sun 1/12/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291546-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-11-sun-1-12-2014-a.html)

stephascope 01-12-2014 01:02 PM

Thanks Lisa!

lighthouse101 01-12-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4917512)
I challenged myself after my weigh on Thursday to not get on the scale everyday. So far I've managed to do it. It's tough;so tough but I'm holding strong. I was weighing every day and getting so stressed by the fluctuations. Having addictive tendencies, I was finding myself addicted to the scale and the number dropping. I have to take a step back and be happy with the small or big numbers as they come. I know it's directly related to what fuel I add to my body; and if I add bad fuel the number will go up. Good fuel it goes down.
:dust:

Good advice! I've been incredibly frustrated with no loss the last 2 weeks. After a bit of a struggle over the holidays I've been back on track the last two weeks with no movement on the scale. I've been hopping on more often and just getting more and more aggravated. I think the culprit is stress - this last week at work has been incredibly difficult. I also just started adding in light exercise, so maybe I need more water or something too - not sure. I am trying to stay positive that the scale will get moving again soon! I weighed-in this am and will stay off of it until next Sunday.

lisa32989 01-12-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4917604)
Good advice! I've been incredibly frustrated with no loss the last 2 weeks. After a bit of a struggle over the holidays I've been back on track the last two weeks with no movement on the scale. I've been hopping on more often and just getting more and more aggravated. I think the culprit is stress - this last week at work has been incredibly difficult. I also just started adding in light exercise, so maybe I need more water or something too - not sure. I am trying to stay positive that the scale will get moving again soon! I weighed-in this am and will stay off of it until next Sunday.

I'm the queen of stalls to be sure. And I learned that overmonitoring it really does make it just more frustrating.

Some short stalls (4 weeks or fewer) are a part of a long-term weight loss plan.

Personally, I've stayed off the scale since my return to P1 because I've had what I think may be flu/bronchitis. Illness causes inflammation (water weight) and I just don't need to see it on the scale while I'm back to P1 to break a stall.

Stress increases cortisol, which blocks weight loss.

So many of our systems have to be firing in unison to see a drop on the scale and little things can upset it. Just remember, it is the overall downward trend we are looking at, not any individual weigh ins. For a long time, I weighed in on my wiifit. It plotted a graph and I could see the overall downward trend, even when individual weigh ins disappointed me.

mrsdavis55 01-12-2014 02:05 PM

Good morning fellow IP'ers. I've completed week one, and I seem to be having the same symptoms that I recall from 2 years ago.
Hunger and headaches were gone by day 2. I find myself feeling extremely full, and struggling to finish my 2 cups of veggies. I am still 'traumatized' with broccoli as I ate it every day for months the last time I did the diet lol, so I am being creative with my veggies this time so I don't get burned out.
I am suffering immensely with the big C. And, I mean BIG C. It makes me want to stop and just "eat right and exercise" but I know it won't work for me! I've tried every remedy in the book, and nothing helps the constipation. It puts me in tears.
Other than that, I cheated and looked at the scale this morning and my unofficial WI is showing -8! That is definitely motivating as Im ready for my clothes to start fitting me better!
I am also using alternative products since the IP products were getting too expensive, so Im glad to see the pounds coming off!!

Much love and GOO BRONCOS!!

Bellamack 01-12-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4916815)
Lol yes new spanx! And undies. I just spent $180 on bras and undies at VS after Xmas. I went from a 40DD to a 38 C. Gosh I hope the girls don't get much smaller! So let me ask ya'll a question I have 740DD== VS bras that are in great condition, I don't want to throw them away, do thrift stores take them? Would anyone here like them? I can take pics and email them to anyone interested. I'd just hate to throw away $30-50 bras. I bought the and ended up only wore one mostly every day. Shame huh

I wear 40DD & would pay you for them

Butterfly queen 01-12-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4917142)
I am not familiar with Chinese spicy cabbage, but here is a cabbage recipe I came across last week and I will try it when I have a chance.

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/ga...abbage-steaks/

If the link does not work, just google Martha Stewart garlic roasted cabbage.

Thanks I will try this tomorrow.

Butterfly queen 01-12-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4917115)
RECOMMENDATION OF WF PRODUCT! - Asain stir fry sauce!

My husband is being so supportive, made stir fry (3 times this week) with boc choy, celery, chicken and peppers, using the WF Asain stir fry sauce. I highly recommend this product for the vinegar taste disappears when cooking. Delish!

Is this the Asian dressing or is the name Asain stir fry sauce? I will be looking for this one.

Annik 01-12-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdavis55 (Post 4917620)
Good morning fellow IP'ers. I've completed week one, and I seem to be having the same symptoms that I recall from 2 years ago.
Hunger and headaches were gone by day 2. I find myself feeling extremely full, and struggling to finish my 2 cups of veggies. I am still 'traumatized' with broccoli as I ate it every day for months the last time I did the diet lol, so I am being creative with my veggies this time so I don't get burned out.
I am suffering immensely with the big C. And, I mean BIG C. It makes me want to stop and just "eat right and exercise" but I know it won't work for me! I've tried every remedy in the book, and nothing helps the constipation. It puts me in tears.
Other than that, I cheated and looked at the scale this morning and my unofficial WI is showing -8! That is definitely motivating as Im ready for my clothes to start fitting me better!
I am also using alternative products since the IP products were getting too expensive, so Im glad to see the pounds coming off!!

Much love and GOO BRONCOS!!

Smooth Move Tea, be sure to get in all your lettuce, all your water, and the oil, too.

If you are suffering the Big C, you are probably down more than 8, too!

Smooshie76 01-12-2014 05:21 PM

I finally have a chance to check back in... I didn't cheat in October, November or for the part two weeks but can't bust past my plateau. I've lost the weight I gained when I cheated in December... My meals are pretty standard, 3 packs a day and things like chicken and ground beef for my dinner. I live turnip fries but haven't been eating only them. I'm really confused as I'm following the plan. Any advice to bust through the plateau?

lighthouse101 01-12-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4917611)
So many of our systems have to be firing in unison to see a drop on the scale and little things can upset it. Just remember, it is the overall downward trend we are looking at, not any individual weigh ins. For a long time, I weighed in on my wiifit. It plotted a graph and I could see the overall downward trend, even when individual weigh ins disappointed me.

It's not as easy as just "eating right," is it? I use MFP to journal my food and weight and that also provides a graph. I'll have to remember to take a look at it now and then to remind myself of that downward trend since I started IP.

lisa32989 01-12-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooshie76 (Post 4917734)
I finally have a chance to check back in... I didn't cheat in October, November or for the part two weeks but can't bust past my plateau. I've lost the weight I gained when I cheated in December... My meals are pretty standard, 3 packs a day and things like chicken and ground beef for my dinner. I live turnip fries but haven't been eating only them. I'm really confused as I'm following the plan. Any advice to bust through the plateau?

I'm not sure you have plateaued.

Bouncing around can certainly happen with the cheating in December.
A true plateau would be defined as 4-6 weeks of no movement on the scale or measuring tape with 100% compliance to the plan.
If you've lost the weight you gained in Dec, then you have lost this month. Today is only January 12th.

Continue to follow the plan and weigh once/week. Stress over the scale increases cortisol, which can cause weight loss stalls.

shrinkingsusie 01-12-2014 06:06 PM

Just made cauliflower pizza! Yum! I'm definitely getting braver in the kitchen.

Bellamack 01-12-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4917776)
Just made cauliflower pizza! Yum! I'm definitely getting braver in the kitchen.

mmmm how do you make cauliflower pizza?

shrinkingsusie 01-12-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4917825)
mmmm how do you make cauliflower pizza?

One large cauliflower, chop it into chunks and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes or until it is soft, then blend it in a food processor with two cloves of garlic until it has the texture of mashed potatoes. Add two eggs and seasoning, I used a bit of sea salt and chopped fresh basil. Spread onto a cookie sheet that either has parchment paper on it or some olive oil, I did the olive oil and it wasn't super crispy, so next time I'm going to use parchment paper. The thickness should be about half an inch. Bake for fifteen minutes at 450 degrees then take it out and put your toppings on and bake for another ten minutes!

shrinkingsusie 01-12-2014 08:31 PM

Has anyone made a recipe that called for sugar but replaced it with sweetener? I am craving German cucumber salad which I have WF mayo and everything else is Ip compliant except sugar. If not I can make it without but it will just be a bit tangy.