Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Eeee!!!! I think I'm going to do a bunch more research and try it out for a month... Taking the plunge...
Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #287  

Thanks for the insight - this forum has yet to steer me wrong! You ladies are the best!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #288  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I am soooo tempted to try the alternatives because saving money is always a welcome thought but I am so nervous to try it. I don't want my weight loss to slow down. Rationally, it seems that if the carb/fat/protein levels are the same in both the alternative and IP brand food that my weight loss would remain the same but my irrational side makes me think that there is magic weight loss dust in the IP brand foods...
I have been doing IP with all alternatives for a month, and I've lost almost 20 lbs Alternatives will save you a lot of money & you should experience great weight loss results as long as you choose items that are comparable to IP products. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

I bought Protidiet oatmeal and Protidiet chicken and veggie soup. I tried them both and didn't like either one very much at all! I'm not a picky eater at all, but yuck! Any advice on how to make them more palatable? I added cinnamon and Splenda, but didn't help a whole lot. Let me hear your ideas!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I bought Protidiet oatmeal and Protidiet chicken and veggie soup. I tried them both and didn't like either one very much at all! I'm not a picky eater at all, but yuck! Any advice on how to make them more palatable? I added cinnamon and Splenda, but didn't help a whole lot. Let me hear your ideas!
I enjoy the PD oatmeal and love that it is unrestricted. I add a little more water than called for and cook 1 minute in the micro (watch it because it puffs up and can overflow) After it deflates a bit I cook 1 more min. The extra water makes it lighter and less thick and cooking smooths out the oaty texture. Add cinnamon, Splenda and I use a splash of my nf milk allowance (or try a little vanilla RTD.) I have also added a drop of WF maple or blueberry syrup to vary the flavor.

I also use it to make oatmeal zucchini muffins (use any muffin recipe posted all over this site and use the oatmeal like a "packet" as called for in the recipe. I have also used it to make oatmeal pancakes.

I use the chicken soup (haven't tried veggie yet). I make it a little thicker than usual and pour over broccoli or cauliflower or both like a sauce. I sometimes add garlic powder or cayenne or even chipotle hot sauce. You might also try adding veggie purees to it (there is a link in the a Daily Chat).

Last edited by JLUS; 04-02-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Height: 5'5"

I have been buying the Ready-To-Eat puddings--chocolate and vanilla--from Nashua Nutrition for quite some time. I was recently informed that they will no longer be carrying it--they were discontinued by the manufacturer. Does anyone know of another place to get them. I can get the IP chocolate at my local clinic but it's a bit pricey. I will really miss them. I have one almost every day! Very handy when you're in a hurry and don't have time to mix up a packet.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #292  

Question about sugar alcohols:
I've heard both that you can only subtract half of the carbs from sugar alcohols and also that you can subtract all the carbs from these... Which is correct?
thanks is advance!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Question about sugar alcohols:
I've heard both that you can only subtract half of the carbs from sugar alcohols and also that you can subtract all the carbs from these... Which is correct?
thanks is advance!!!
In general around here, most people agree to only subtract half.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #294  

I only subtract fiber. There are so many varying opinions "out there" about how sugar alcohols affect blood sugar...
Old 04-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 165/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!
I am new to this blog and have been on the Ideal Protein diet with great success. Have been maintaining my 30 pound weight loss since the first week of December.
I would like to lose another ten pounds so I am back at it again.
It is costly, buying the IP foods and drinks. Wondering if anyone has tried the Atkins Bars? I have been using them for a week now and I am on target and losing like I was when using the IP items exclusively.

Can anyone give me their opinion on this? Do you think I am making a mistake?
Would love to hear your thoughts!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMom12 View Post
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this blog and have been on the Ideal Protein diet with great success. Have been maintaining my 30 pound weight loss since the first week of December.
It is costly, buying the IP foods and drinks. Wondering if anyone has tried the Atkins Bars? I have been using them for a week now and I am on target and losing like I was when using the IP items exclusively.

Atkins products generally do NOT mirror the IP products... They are higher in calories, way too high in fat, higher carbs and protein.

Atkins eating is low carb, but not specifically low calorie, also high protein and allows way more fat than IP.

Do you have the nutritional statistics to follow when selecting IP comparable alternative products?

There are so many alternatives that mirror IP, I would stay away from Atkins. You may nit be able to keep up the level of losses for long.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #297  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMom12 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Those Atkins Peanut Butter Cups are SO GOOD. I tried them before starting IP. But as soon as I started I stopped eating them. I was sure there was a reason no one was using them, I'm curious too. I say go for it if your losing , if you stop losing, guess it's time to change it up.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #298  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Atkins products generally do NOT mirror the IP products... They are higher in calories, way too high in fat, higher carbs and protein.

Atkins eating is low carb, but not specifically low calorie, also high protein and allows way more fat than IP.

Do you have the nutritional statistics to follow when selecting IP comparable alternative products?

There are so many alternatives that mirror IP, I would stay away from Atkins. You may nit be able to keep up the level of losses for long.
Ahhh. So that's why. All the fat. Hmm.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #299  

Default Basic Nutrition Info

Hi Everyone,

I have been on IP for about 2 weeks, and am already trying to figure out how to do this completely off of alternative products ($90 a week is not okay). So I'm wondering if anyone can break down how much protein, sugars, calories, etc we should be having in one day only from IP products. And, also, how do you know if an item is restricted? I thought it was restricted if over 15g of carbs bc we can only have 30g a day, but then I read that it's restricted if 30% of the calories are fat calories. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
I have been buying the Ready-To-Eat puddings--chocolate and vanilla--from Nashua Nutrition for quite some time. I was recently informed that they will no longer be carrying it--they were discontinued by the manufacturer. Does anyone know of another place to get them. I can get the IP chocolate at my local clinic but it's a bit pricey. I will really miss them. I have one almost every day! Very handy when you're in a hurry and don't have time to mix up a packet.
I have also been looking for a pre-prepared pudding choice. I want some non-restricted choices for days that I'm just not able to carry around a shaker. And, I'd like to find one cheaper than IP.
Closed Thread