Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #451  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I just posted a response to this in the What Are You Eating Thread!

Ebb Beaters has a TON of unpronounceable ingredients you don't want to be eating!!!

Use one whole egg and three egg whites to sub for a packet... REAL food you can pronounce! I get a container of pure egg whites and LOVE my omelets!

Thank you for your quick response! My first though was packaged egg whites, but the grocery store was out of egg whites when I was shopping, and I wasn't sure about the calorie content in regular eggs. I grabbed the generic egg substitute in a panic, thinking that the math would be easy, at least!

I'm going to the store again tomorrow, and if they have restocked I will grab a carton. Thanks for the tip!

As a side note, I don't think I've done any harm by eating them. This brand actually has a very simple ingredient list, but I'll swap them for egg+whites if it will work better. I am having a hard time working around my soy/peanut/all other legumes/tree nut allergies, so if I can find a good solid breakfast, I'll be thrilled! Thanks again.

Last edited by mainemum; 04-23-2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Mainemom, I would have thought no to the bacon but it sounds like it works out with the nutritional breakdown. Sounds super yummy too! I might have to try that someday!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post
Mainemom, I would have thought no to the bacon but it sounds like it works out with the nutritional breakdown. Sounds super yummy too! I might have to try that someday!
Technically the bacon bits are NOT allowed on IP. Remember, if it is not on the P1 sheet, it is a no go! Bacon will be allowed later.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #454  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I just ordered some protidiet items. I didn't read the label well enough and see the vanilla wafers are 10 grams of fat and 150 calories. That means way more than 30% fat. Should I treat them as super restricted or not eat them at all?
Old 04-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #455  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I just ordered some protidiet items. I didn't read the label well enough and see the vanilla wafers are 10 grams of fat and 150 calories. That means way more than 30% fat. Should I treat them as super restricted or not eat them at all?
I would probably save them for a once in awhile treat in Maintenance rather than add that much fat into P1.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Just got an ultimatum from my counselor - if I continue to use alternate products they won’t see me anymore, even though I have 4 weeks left on my 3 month package. I understand that they are a business and need to make money – but their food is twice the price of places like Nashua.
So I have to decide if I am going to lie on the food diary or cut the cord a few weeks early. I was going to week to week afterward but I after this conversation I won’t. I have a scale and a tape measure and can do it myself.
Has anyone else gotten push back from their clinic about alternates? What did you do?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #457  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Just got an ultimatum from my counselor - if I continue to use alternate products they won’t see me anymore, even though I have 4 weeks left on my 3 month package. I understand that they are a business and need to make money – but their food is twice the price of places like Nashua.
So I have to decide if I am going to lie on the food diary or cut the cord a few weeks early. I was going to week to week afterward but I after this conversation I won’t. I have a scale and a tape measure and can do it myself.
Has anyone else gotten push back from their clinic about alternates? What did you do?
Not normally a practice, but I would lie until your contract is up and then cut the cord. If you aren't buying their stuff, they will get suspicious anyway. I'm doing a mix of stuff so I buy a couple boxes a week. I used to buy more than 3 so they figure I gave stuff at home still.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #458  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
VERY FEW clinics/coaches will keep clients if they are not buying products from them. That is not unusual at all. As you recognize, that is the main part of their business. The higher cost of the food is "supposed" to also cover the coaching support, food journal review, guidance/counsel, weighing and measuring they are providing to you,

Unfortunately, all too often, after you start, some clinics seem to drop a lot of the support and you end up just being weighed, measured and sold your food until the next week. NOT ALL... but definitely some! Alternatively, some clinics end up with coaches that are poorly trained, have old information, or have their own agendas that are not always in keeping with IP.

So moving on to alternatives and "firing" your coach may be your best move at this point!

Good thing you have LOTS of excellent "coaches" and cheerleaders here. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

'
Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 228/173.5/160

Can y'all tell me if this product can be subbed for IP chocolate drink mix?

AdvoCare muscle gain

150 cal
2 gm fat
1 gm Dietary fiber
Sugars 4
Protein 25
Carb 8
Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #460  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I've tried to read this thread from the beginning, but I may have skipped a few pages. Is there a definitive answer on if ProtiDiet Soy Crisps (Chipotle, BBQ or White Cheddar) are Restricted or not?

I am traveling in 3 weeks, and will need things as portable as possible.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #461  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I've tried to read this thread from the beginning, but I may have skipped a few pages. Is there a definitive answer on if ProtiDiet Soy Crisps (Chipotle, BBQ or White Cheddar) are Restricted or not?

I am traveling in 3 weeks, and will need things as portable as possible.
The second post of this thread gives you the nutritional values for calories, calories from fats, carbs and proteins to guide you in selecting all alternatives. Use it to compare the info on the soy crisps (I suspect the carbs will make them restricted but don't know the amount of carbs off hand.)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #462  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
The second post of this thread gives you the nutritional values for calories, calories from fats, carbs and proteins to guide you in selecting all alternatives. Use it to compare the info on the soy crisps (I suspect the carbs will make them restricted but don't know the amount of carbs off hand.)
Thanks! I started taking notes while on this site. I need to make a master of the nutritional guidelines.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #463  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I started IP with alternatives on March 24th. Lost 6.6 the first week, 2.3 the second week, 5.7 the third week, and 0 the fourth week. So far, I am only down about .5 for this week (I weigh on Mondays). I have found alternatives for all of the supplements and vitamins except for the Potassium so I have not taken any since starting IP. I have been unable to find Potassium Bicarbonate at any vitamin stores. My question is 2-fold:

1. Could not taking a potassium supplement be slowing my losses? I seem to be losing quite slower than many people on here, especially considering the amount of weight I am trying to lose.

2. Those of you taking alternative supplements, can you tell me where you get your Potassium Bicarbonate? I am having trouble researching online as I am not quite sure what I am looking for. 312 mg. is what is recommended, is that right?

Also posting on the daily chat.
Thanks so much!
My coach recommends No Salt or Nu Salt. It's all potassium. Sprinkle it on your food or you can do what I do, mix a serving in a little water and drink it down. That way I always get it and believe me when I don't take it I feel very sluggish.
I wouldn't say your slowing down just adjusting. Your losses are great, total and divide by weeks and your above the average.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #464  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

I just got the nashua nutrition newsletter for the month of may. when you use the promo code MAY14 when placing your order you save $5.00 off your total. Limite 1 per customer and it expires 5/31/14.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Just placed my very first Nashua order - I decided to do some Syntrax samples instead of a whole jug of powder, since I know taste can be highly subjective. Hoping at least one tickles my fancy so I can get a whole jug!
Closed Thread