Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 25 of 34
Go to
  • Regarding The Protein Store...
    I was just researching that site earlier today... Someone on another forum said they sell IP foods at "much better prices" (she meant actual IP foods but she was misinformed!)

However, what I noticed on many of the products they sell is that they are other brands that most of us would recognize (Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart, WLS, etc.... LOTS I recognize from Nashua Nutrition). They are selling them for $4-8 MORE than Nashua sells them. And I also didn't care for the fact that they did not identify the brands... It was almost presented as if they were all their own products!

Anyway, if you see something on there you like, I suggest checking to see if it is less costly elsewhere first, then decide!
  • Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
    Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
    This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?
  • Quote: Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
    Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
    This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?
    Your logic is right on drinking half, however when I looked up the nutritional label, I found calories from fat are greater than 30%. I'd stick with shakes that fit the profile of IP foods better
  • I ordered some free trial stuff from the protein store (they will give you 6 individual items to try just pay S & H.) anyway I got them today and one of the items is an orange crème smooth shake and drink (powder in a bottle). Anyway the label looks good, all the right numbers, but when I read the ingredients it says fructose... isn't that a sugar?

(already posted, just hoping for an answer) Is the fructose a no no?
  • Quote: Your logic is right on drinking half, however when I looked up the nutritional label, I found calories from fat are greater than 30%. I'd stick with shakes that fit the profile of IP foods better
    Thank you Lisa!
  • Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

Just a heads up...the protein store carries ProtiDiet, HS, ProtiThin, WLS, etc which are the same products sold on Nashua but protein store doubles their prices.
  • Quote: Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

Just a heads up...the protein store carries ProtiDiet, HS, ProtiThin, WLS, etc which are the same products sold on Nashua but protein store doubles their prices.
    Does the Protein Store re-label the products? The free samples I received were not labeled as any of the products you mentioned. I think they all have a brand "P2" on them.

I don't plan to order from them again, anyway... I have tried two of the free six items I received and didn't like either. So, I'm certainly not impressed enough to spend more for them when there is such a variety and lower prices on other sites.
  • Quote: Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

YES - Exactly what I posted about Protein Store a couple posts above... in addition to the inflated pricing, I also didn't like that they did not identify the brand of the products (almost as if they were saying they were all "their" brand). So if you find something you like at that store, I suggest also searching for it elsewhere (Nashua Nutrition and such)!
  • Quote: YES - Exactly what I posted about Protein Store a couple posts above... in addition to the inflated pricing, I also didn't like that they did not identify the brand of the products (almost as if they were saying they were all "their" brand). So if you find something you like at that store, I suggest also searching for it elsewhere (Nashua Nutrition and such)!
    Oops, that's what I get for not reading thoroughly
  • Alternative product list from the Nashua website
    I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!

• Quote: I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
    This is awesome, thanks!!!

Just placed another huge order from Nashua:

- PD maple brown sugar oatmeal (a favorite)
    - PD honey nut soy cereal (good with some vanilla RTD "milk")
    - PD white cheddar protein crisps (awesome in salads as "croutons")
    - PT caramel cafe latte shake & pudding - new to me
    - HS banana pudding - new to me
    - HS variety pack pudding (2vanilla/2choc/1strawberry/1banana/1cheesecake) - new to me

• Quote: I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
    Thank you, you're the best! This is exactly what I needed. Going through the threads over and over back and forth for alternatives to websites was giving me a headache!
    AWESOME list - thank you so much for sharing!!

I have the Nashua Nutrition lifetime membership discount of 10% (even on discounted items!) so love to stock up when there are sales. This will come in very handy!
  • Alternatives versus IP - Taste
    So, I know taste is very subjective, but what alternative products do you prefer over IP products, and vice-versa.

Personally, I haven't found an "as good" chocolate pudding- so I am willing to spend the extra dough on that...I had the proti-thin anytime chocolate drink which is not bad - but not quite on the money.

Just thought I would see what I might try out on my next Nashua order...

-

And - this is going to be a ha-a-rd week. I'm going to miss my Easter chocolate splurge.
  • Quote: This is awesome, thanks!!!

Just placed another huge order from Nashua:

- PD maple brown sugar oatmeal (a favorite)
    - PD honey nut soy cereal (good with some vanilla RTD "milk")
    - PD white cheddar protein crisps (awesome in salads as "croutons")
    - PT caramel cafe latte shake & pudding - new to me
    - HS banana pudding - new to me
    - HS variety pack pudding (2vanilla/2choc/1strawberry/1banana/1cheesecake) - new to me

I placed a large order yesterday as well.

I purchased several things from breakfast items, snacks and puddings.

It is cheaper through this site than I pay in the office.