Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #361  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,209

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Regarding The Protein Store...

I was just researching that site earlier today... Someone on another forum said they sell IP foods at "much better prices" (she meant actual IP foods but she was misinformed!)

However, what I noticed on many of the products they sell is that they are other brands that most of us would recognize (Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart, WLS, etc.... LOTS I recognize from Nashua Nutrition). They are selling them for $4-8 MORE than Nashua sells them. And I also didn't care for the fact that they did not identify the brands... It was almost presented as if they were all their own products!

Anyway, if you see something on there you like, I suggest checking to see if it is less costly elsewhere first, then decide!
JLUS is offline  
Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #362  
Senior Member
 
dlr9774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 160

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Default

Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?
dlr9774 is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #363  
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?
Your logic is right on drinking half, however when I looked up the nutritional label, I found calories from fat are greater than 30%. I'd stick with shakes that fit the profile of IP foods better
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #364  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

I ordered some free trial stuff from the protein store (they will give you 6 individual items to try just pay S & H.) anyway I got them today and one of the items is an orange crème smooth shake and drink (powder in a bottle). Anyway the label looks good, all the right numbers, but when I read the ingredients it says fructose... isn't that a sugar?

(already posted, just hoping for an answer) Is the fructose a no no?
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #365  
Senior Member
 
dlr9774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 160

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Your logic is right on drinking half, however when I looked up the nutritional label, I found calories from fat are greater than 30%. I'd stick with shakes that fit the profile of IP foods better
Thank you Lisa!
dlr9774 is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #366  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,791

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

Just a heads up...the protein store carries ProtiDiet, HS, ProtiThin, WLS, etc which are the same products sold on Nashua but protein store doubles their prices.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #367  
Senior Member
 
Yayalaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

Just a heads up...the protein store carries ProtiDiet, HS, ProtiThin, WLS, etc which are the same products sold on Nashua but protein store doubles their prices.
Does the Protein Store re-label the products? The free samples I received were not labeled as any of the products you mentioned. I think they all have a brand "P2" on them.

I don't plan to order from them again, anyway... I have tried two of the free six items I received and didn't like either. So, I'm certainly not impressed enough to spend more for them when there is such a variety and lower prices on other sites.
Yayalaine is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #368  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,209

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Amber: There is sugar in some of the IP products too but if the nutrition facts fall into the guidelines you're good to go.

Just a heads up...the protein store carries ProtiDiet, HS, ProtiThin, WLS, etc which are the same products sold on Nashua but protein store doubles their prices.
YES - Exactly what I posted about Protein Store a couple posts above... in addition to the inflated pricing, I also didn't like that they did not identify the brand of the products (almost as if they were saying they were all "their" brand). So if you find something you like at that store, I suggest also searching for it elsewhere (Nashua Nutrition and such)!
JLUS is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #369  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,791

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
YES - Exactly what I posted about Protein Store a couple posts above... in addition to the inflated pricing, I also didn't like that they did not identify the brand of the products (almost as if they were saying they were all "their" brand). So if you find something you like at that store, I suggest also searching for it elsewhere (Nashua Nutrition and such)!
Oops, that's what I get for not reading thoroughly
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #370  
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 187

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Alternative product list from the Nashua website

I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Alternative Product List and Nutrition Information.doc (147.5 KB, 186 views)
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #371  
Senior Member
 
sunflwr816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 241

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
This is awesome, thanks!!!

Just placed another huge order from Nashua:

- PD maple brown sugar oatmeal (a favorite)
- PD honey nut soy cereal (good with some vanilla RTD "milk")
- PD white cheddar protein crisps (awesome in salads as "croutons")
- PT caramel cafe latte shake & pudding - new to me
- HS banana pudding - new to me
- HS variety pack pudding (2vanilla/2choc/1strawberry/1banana/1cheesecake) - new to me

sunflwr816 is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #372  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
Thank you, you're the best! This is exactly what I needed. Going through the threads over and over back and forth for alternatives to websites was giving me a headache!
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #373  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,209

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
AWESOME list - thank you so much for sharing!!

I have the Nashua Nutrition lifetime membership discount of 10% (even on discounted items!) so love to stock up when there are sales. This will come in very handy!
JLUS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #374  
Member
 
JSorrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 46

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Alternatives versus IP - Taste

So, I know taste is very subjective, but what alternative products do you prefer over IP products, and vice-versa.

Personally, I haven't found an "as good" chocolate pudding- so I am willing to spend the extra dough on that...I had the proti-thin anytime chocolate drink which is not bad - but not quite on the money.

Just thought I would see what I might try out on my next Nashua order...

-

And - this is going to be a ha-a-rd week. I'm going to miss my Easter chocolate splurge.
JSorrell is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #375  
Member
 
cschmandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
This is awesome, thanks!!!

Just placed another huge order from Nashua:

- PD maple brown sugar oatmeal (a favorite)
- PD honey nut soy cereal (good with some vanilla RTD "milk")
- PD white cheddar protein crisps (awesome in salads as "croutons")
- PT caramel cafe latte shake & pudding - new to me
- HS banana pudding - new to me
- HS variety pack pudding (2vanilla/2choc/1strawberry/1banana/1cheesecake) - new to me

I placed a large order yesterday as well.

I purchased several things from breakfast items, snacks and puddings.

It is cheaper through this site than I pay in the office.

cschmandt is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 257 01-01-2018 09:58 PM
Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 504 01-08-2014 11:49 AM
Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 506 06-29-2012 09:15 PM
OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 509 12-12-2010 05:02 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.