Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hi Everyone,

I have been on IP for about 2 weeks, and am already trying to figure out how to do this completely off of alternative products ($90 a week is not okay). So I'm wondering if anyone can break down how much protein, sugars, calories, etc we should be having in one day only from IP products. And, also, how do you know if an item is restricted? I thought it was restricted if over 15g of carbs bc we can only have 30g a day, but then I read that it's restricted if 30% of the calories are fat calories. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Please follow the alternative guidelines below to make sure you are in line with IP products:

Under 180 calories per serving

Less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat, multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories, you're fine)

Less than 17g NET carbs (subtract dietary fiber from total carbs)
    8g or less NET carbs = Unrestricted
    9g to 15g NET carbs = Restricted (once per day only)
    15g to 17g NET carbs = Super restricted (twice a week only)

12g protein or more

Good luck!
  • The alternative guidelines posted previously were truncated at one point (over 1.5 years ago - perhaps an error in a cut/paste)

Most unrestricted are 80-120 calories
    Restricted under 200 calories

Less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat, multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories, you're fine)

8g or less NET carbs = Unrestricted
    9g to 15g NET carbs = Restricted (once per day only)
    15g to 17g NET carbs = Super restricted (no more than twice per week, in place of a restricted)

12g protein or more (most IP packets have 15-18)
  • So, I see how it is on this website... if you express your feelings about a member who purposely contradicts everything you post, someone deletes the post...
  • Quote: So, I see how it is on this website... if you express your feelings about a member who purposely contradicts everything you post, someone deletes the post...
    NO ONE is contradicting your post... Just clarifying information, as there have been several versions of the guidelines for using alternatives. At one time some of the details were left off of the guidelines and depending on what thread you bring up, you sometimes get the truncated version.

It's in everyone's best interest to have all the info needed to make informed decisions. I have posted many helpful tips on here and had plenty of people add to them, clarify them, correct them when I had misinformation (and even disagree with them - no biggie!). We are all here you help and learn together. Thanks for all your contributions to that endeavor!!
  • Quote: NO ONE is contradicting your post... Just clarifying information, as there have been several versions of the guidelines for using alternatives. At one time some of the details were left off of the guidelines and depending on what thread you bring up, you sometimes get the truncated version.

It's in everyone's best interest to have all the info needed to make informed decisions. I have posted many helpful tips on here and had plenty of people add to them, clarify them, correct them when I had misinformation (and even disagree with them - no biggie!). We are all here you help and learn together. Thanks for all your contributions to that endeavor!!

like Button!
  • Just one more quick thought. When we communicate with others in person we can hear their tone of voice and watch their body language and this helps us interpret what their intentions are... not just the words.

Sometimes in chat rooms we are typing fast and don't realize that some of our words can be misinterpreted... everyone on 3FC's is here for support and information... the absolute majority of the time we mean to be helpful to one another... sometimes I have to read a post a few times before I finally figure out what the person means... or if I don't agree with their point of view, I realize everyone is entitled to an opinion and leave the post alone..

K rant over... I really do appreciate all the input here... not sure I would be able to stay on track... get back on track.... if it wasn't for all the great people here!!
  • Quote: Just one more quick thought. When we communicate with others in person we can hear their tone of voice and watch their body language and this helps us interpret what their intentions are... not just the words.

Sometimes in chat rooms we are typing fast and don't realize that some of our words can be misinterpreted... everyone on 3FC's is here for support and information... the absolute majority of the time we mean to be helpful to one another... sometimes I have to read a post a few times before I finally figure out what the person means... or if I don't agree with their point of view, I realize everyone is entitled to an opinion and leave the post alone..

K rant over... I really do appreciate all the input here... not sure I would be able to stay on track... get back on track.... if it wasn't for all the great people here!!
    EXACTLY!!

I often profess to those who will listen (especially those under 30!!) that texting (and email) really should not replace phone and in-person conversations... Especially for important or sensitive discussions!! It is just too easy to read (misread!) what one thinks the person meant, not what was really intended!
  • Quote: NO ONE is contradicting your post... Just clarifying information, as there have been several versions of the guidelines for using alternatives. At one time some of the details were left off of the guidelines and depending on what thread you bring up, you sometimes get the truncated version.

Quote: Just one more quick thought. When we communicate with others in person we can hear their tone of voice and watch their body language and this helps us interpret what their intentions are... not just the words.

Can I get a "double like" button?
  • keep in mind those are basic guidelines and there are exceptions to every rule
    the Ideal Protein Chocolate Rasberry bars have 230 calories.....
  • Quote: keep in mind those are basic guidelines and there are exceptions to every rule
    the Ideal Protein Chocolate Rasberry bars have 230 calories.....
    You're right mckaren on those bars - my coach refuses to carry them because she doesn't think they fit the IP line.
  • My coach encouraged them as treats
    they are restricted but Not super restricted
    I am glad I don't have your coach but
    doesn't matter
    Even within ideal protein there are differences in
    Coaches- we all need to make our own decisions
  • Does anyone have any suggestions for travelling while on IP? I'm going on vacation in two weeks ( currently phase 1, 7 weeks in). Thanks for any suggestions.
  • I just bumped 2 travel threads
    Hope this helps!!
  • Quote: My coach encouraged them as treats
    they are restricted but Not super restricted
    I am glad I don't have your coach but
    doesn't matter
    Even within ideal protein there are differences in
    Coaches- we all need to make our own decisions
    Exactly Mckaren - I actually ended up with a box of them and gave them away because I kept thinking about them - like constantly. Coach said eat them if I wanted to as a restricted but I know that candy is a trigger food for me and was worried I wouldn't stop at 1. Funny how other sweet things don't do that to me but put a candy like thing in front of me and tell me it's allowed and my brain goes nuts.
  • Quote: Does anyone have any suggestions for travelling while on IP? I'm going on vacation in two weeks ( currently phase 1, 7 weeks in). Thanks for any suggestions.
    Another good travel thread is here:

Rainbow Smiles Survival Road Kit

I buy eggs when I am on the road and get the kitchen of the hotel to hard boil them for me when I am on the road. Keep them in my hotel room fridge and always a few in my purse for emergencies. I am set!