3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   ANY one here from 2010 or 2011? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291361-any-one-here-2010-2011-a.html)

darbs7 01-07-2014 09:13 AM

ANY one here from 2010 or 2011?
 
I met so many great people from 9/10 to 2/11 when I was losing my weight and then 3/11-5/11 when I was still doing more phase one days to go below goal. Wondering if any of you are still around. What a great motivation to have all worked together.

I am still plugging along…many reboots in the 34 months of maintenance. I am currently 15 pounds above my goal weight and hoping to hit my goal weight in 30 days.

Ishbel 01-07-2014 10:15 AM

:wave:

darbs7 01-07-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4913260)
:wave:

So I thought I would share my daughters story with you….she was 300 pounds last September and started losing weight…became pregnant (unplanned) but her and her husband were thrilled non-the-less. She was down about 80 pounds when she got pregnant…by the end of the pregnancy when she deliver she weighed around 195 (lost another 25 during pregnancy)…within a week of delivering she was down to 175!

Our beautiful little Rosie is 12 weeks old and my beautiful daughter is now 160. She wants to get to around 125-130 (she is only 5'2"), but is taking the last of it slow. She looks awesome!

So I just thought I would pass along a pregnancy weight success story.

You have done amazing and look great…keep it up!

sandralosingweight 01-07-2014 03:26 PM

Yup :) Me!

Sunflower40 01-07-2014 03:29 PM

Darbs how did your daughter lose weight during her pregnancy? was she still doing IP?

Bellamack 01-07-2014 03:37 PM

Hi darbs I started in July 2011 and did maintenance in Nov 2011. Then I did what I promised myself not to do, gained the weight back. I will never give up, so I am back to lose it again.

I remember you well and you are doing great maintaining. I keep up with Wuv on FB, she was also a great inspiration, she recently (after losing 200 lbs) had surgery for the extra skin, she looks great!

Congrats to your daughter and to you, grandma :)

sandralosingweight 01-07-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4913542)
Hi darbs I started in July 2011 and did maintenance in Nov 2011. Then I did what I promised myself not to do, gained the weight back. I will never give up, so I am back to lose it again.

I remember you well and you are doing great maintaining. I keep up with Wuv on FB, she was also a great inspiration, she recently (after losing 200 lbs) had surgery for the extra skin, she looks great!

Congrats to your daughter and to you, grandma :)

Hi Bellamack,

I also remember you.

I am also in touch with WUV on FB.

Ishbel 01-07-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4913350)
So I thought I would share my daughters story with you….she was 300 pounds last September and started losing weight…became pregnant (unplanned) but her and her husband were thrilled non-the-less. She was down about 80 pounds when she got pregnant…by the end of the pregnancy when she deliver she weighed around 195 (lost another 25 during pregnancy)…within a week of delivering she was down to 175!

Our beautiful little Rosie is 12 weeks old and my beautiful daughter is now 160. She wants to get to around 125-130 (she is only 5'2"), but is taking the last of it slow. She looks awesome!

So I just thought I would pass along a pregnancy weight success story.

You have done amazing and look great…keep it up!

YAY! Congrats Grandma!! I am currently looking at photography for newborns and I catch myself with a lump in my throat, only 12 weeks awe. I'm SO excited to be a mom for the first time and I'm super happy my stepson is super excited. He's 11 and says he can't wait to be the over protective big brother. :)!

Also, HUGE yay for your daughter on her weight loss, HUGE HUGE accomplishment! I'm hoping breast feeding will help me get back but I so miss my running. I think VIP misses me running too (HA!)

MustangMolly 01-07-2014 04:53 PM

:newyear: And hello to some names I remember from when I started IP. Bella, Ishbel, Sandra, and Darbs. I'm starting again, doing alternatives this time and setting smaller goals. I'm not on 3FC as much as before, but I do pop in once in a while to read what's new.

shrinkingsusie 01-07-2014 05:02 PM

Me:)

darbs7 01-07-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4913534)
Yup :) Me!

Good to see you, so happy to see familiar faces

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflower40 (Post 4913538)
Darbs how did your daughter lose weight during her pregnancy? was she still doing IP?

She had a bypass..drastic, but she had spent all 24 years of her life overweight and she just needed that extra…it has changed her life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4913542)
Hi darbs I started in July 2011 and did maintenance in Nov 2011. Then I did what I promised myself not to do, gained the weight back. I will never give up, so I am back to lose it again.

Hey Bellamack…of course I remember you well we talked off and on quite a bit over the last 3-4 years.


I remember you well and you are doing great maintaining. I keep up with Wuv on FB, she was also a great inspiration, she recently (after losing 200 lbs) had surgery for the extra skin, she looks great!

I would love to see a picture of WUV…is she still on here?

Congrats to your daughter and to you, grandma :)

So excited…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4913628)
YAY! Congrats Grandma!! I am currently looking at photography for newborns and I catch myself with a lump in my throat, only 12 weeks awe. I'm SO excited to be a mom for the first time and I'm super happy my stepson is super excited. He's 11 and says he can't wait to be the over protective big brother. :)!

Babies are awesome!

Also, HUGE yay for your daughter on her weight loss, HUGE HUGE accomplishment! I'm hoping breast feeding will help me get back but I so miss my running. I think VIP misses me running too (HA!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4913630)
:newyear: And hello to some names I remember from when I started IP. Bella, Ishbel, Sandra, and Darbs. I'm starting again, doing alternatives this time and setting smaller goals. I'm not on 3FC as much as before, but I do pop in once in a while to read what's new.


So good to see a bunch of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4913639)
Me:)

let's keep each other motivated.

coffeebean 01-07-2014 05:58 PM

I started in January 2010 and lost 30 pounds. I changed the way I ate after losing the weight. I never started eating pasta, potatoes and rice again on a regular basis except one in awhile. I managed to stay pretty close to goal weight by starting phase 1 when I thought I needed it. For some reason since about 4 th of July I managed to eat more junk. I am back and motivated to get back to my 30 pounds.

karenfromtexas 01-07-2014 07:32 PM

I'm back, too. Glad to "see" you! I lost about 30 pounds in 2011 and maintained well for about 3 months when my Mom died. I gained about 15 back and lost that in 2013 then started regaining when I started my new job last April. So, here I am back to lose the 24 pounds I gained and to finally get my body fat % to 30.

Good luck!

Karen

Bellamack 01-07-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4913583)
Hi Bellamack,

I also remember you.

I am also in touch with WUV on FB.

Yes, Hi Sandralosingweight, I do remember you :)

darbs7 01-08-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 4913677)
I started in January 2010 and lost 30 pounds. I changed the way I ate after losing the weight. I never started eating pasta, potatoes and rice again on a regular basis except one in awhile. I managed to stay pretty close to goal weight by starting phase 1 when I thought I needed it. For some reason since about 4 th of July I managed to eat more junk. I am back and motivated to get back to my 30 pounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenfromtexas (Post 4913738)
I'm back, too. Glad to "see" you! I lost about 30 pounds in 2011 and maintained well for about 3 months when my Mom died. I gained about 15 back and lost that in 2013 then started regaining when I started my new job last April. So, here I am back to lose the 24 pounds I gained and to finally get my body fat % to 30.

Good luck!

Karen

Ladies, great to see you! I agree…I was so focused the first year of maintenance and even the second, but this third year of maintenance has been the hardest…I allowed myself to stray too far. In September I was up 32 of the 75 I had lost. I am currently up 15 of the 75 I lost. I am really hoping that 5 perfect weeks takes off those 15…I have a cruise in the middle of February. Hoping right back on after the cruise.

sandralosingweight 01-08-2014 08:42 AM

I am so happy being in touch again with all of the names I remember :)

MustangMolly 01-08-2014 11:49 AM

It is so nice to see names I remember. I really believe part of my falling off the wagon can be attributed to not coming here to 3FC every day and catching up with my IP friends. There is an informal accountability and friendly butt kicking that really helped to keep me motivated. Anyone who remembers Wuv remembers her fussing when someone would report losing "only" a certain amount of weight and she would remind us any loss was a good loss. It's good to be back.

darbs7 01-08-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4914292)
It is so nice to see names I remember. I really believe part of my falling off the wagon can be attributed to not coming here to 3FC every day and catching up with my IP friends. There is an informal accountability and friendly butt kicking that really helped to keep me motivated. Anyone who remembers Wuv remembers her fussing when someone would report losing "only" a certain amount of weight and she would remind us any loss was a good loss. It's good to be back.

Absolutely…when I went to 3FC daily, it was a reminder to be good. I do enjoy all the threads, but it would be impossible to relate to being in maintenance for years if you are on it for the first time. I was so darn focused when I originally did phase 1 in 2010! I too was very focused for the first year to year and a half during maintenance. The more time I spend in maintenance the more I "allow myself to not be good!"

I told myself when I started this reboot (in September) that I would be at my low point (not goal weight, but 7 below) by my anniversary…May 28th. I lost 17 between September and October…took November and December offish…and now going to tackle the other 15 to goal.

So happy to have a group to check in with. Good luck everyone.

MustangMolly 01-08-2014 01:03 PM

Good luck, Darbs, you can do it!

darbs7 01-08-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4914382)
Good luck, Darbs, you can do it!

I keep telling myself that

carlasherea 01-08-2014 04:04 PM

I'm still here!!!I restarted in Dec. got lazy during the holiday and started again on New Years day. Lost 6 lbs this 1st week. I turn 40 in March and want to lose 20 lbs :) I'll never stop coming back to Ideal Protein!! Good to see you:carrot:

darbs7 01-08-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 4914523)
I'm still here!!!I restarted in Dec. got lazy during the holiday and started again on New Years day. Lost 6 lbs this 1st week. I turn 40 in March and want to lose 20 lbs :) I'll never stop coming back to Ideal Protein!! Good to see you:carrot:

Welcome back…we are in good shape considering so many people that were around in 2010 and 2011 and there is no sign of them. I am on day 4 and feeling a little "off". Oh well…early to bed!

carlasherea 01-08-2014 06:34 PM

Yeah it's hard to come back and admit that you've gained weight but I feel like that accountability is key!!! I'm happy I haven't gained it all back but sad that I let food get the best of me again. I'm on day 8. I feel great except its time for my period and I want to EAT!!!! I want to be in the 170's by next Wed. That's my mini goal :)

patns 01-08-2014 11:11 PM

So many familiar faces!!vSo good to see everyone. I need to relose 15 pounds.
Darbs what good news about your daughter. Enjoy the grandbaby!
Bella, I'll see if I can figure out which one you are on Lisa's FB page and send you a friend request.

darbs7 01-09-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 4914637)
Yeah it's hard to come back and admit that you've gained weight but I feel like that accountability is key!!! I'm happy I haven't gained it all back but sad that I let food get the best of me again. I'm on day 8. I feel great except its time for my period and I want to EAT!!!! I want to be in the 170's by next Wed. That's my mini goal :)

What size were you at 160? Our body types look familiar. My favorite weight is 165 (was only there for about 2 weeks), I call my maintenance weight 170, my original goal was 175. When I am between 165-170, I fit into size 8 everywhere and 6's in many store. I too am dying to see the 170's again, but I am still mid 180's so another few weeks.

I carry my weight in chest and arms and bloat in upper belly. Waist, hips, legs small for my weight and upper body.


Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4914794)
So many familiar faces!!vSo good to see everyone. I need to relose 15 pounds.
Darbs what good news about your daughter. Enjoy the grandbaby!
Bella, I'll see if I can figure out which one you are on Lisa's FB page and send you a friend request.


Thank you, great to have everyone back

MaMaZu 01-09-2014 12:17 PM

I'm back here too. Lost 50 pounds, regained 20. Only pie I'm eating now is humble pie!
Day 4 of my reboot.

Bellamack 01-09-2014 12:20 PM

Yes, lets keep this thread going ladies. I love seeing all you & yes MustangMolly, WUV never let anyone use the word "ONLY" lol I am into keto and the appetite is gone, this is the part that really truly helps and then coming here and getting support. Perfect Combo!

coffeebean 01-09-2014 02:36 PM

Has anyone heard from Wuv if so is she still running an IP clinic. I miss her motivation and knowledge.

darbs7 01-09-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4915183)
I'm back here too. Lost 50 pounds, regained 20. Only pie I'm eating now is humble pie!
Day 4 of my reboot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4915185)
Yes, lets keep this thread going ladies. I love seeing all you & yes MustangMolly, WUV never let anyone use the word "ONLY" lol I am into keto and the appetite is gone, this is the part that really truly helps and then coming here and getting support. Perfect Combo!

yes keep this going struggling today not enough food to exercise during my lunch and have been feeling light-headed.

patns 01-10-2014 01:15 AM

No WUV is not working at the clinic anymore. While she was off having her surgery some changes were made at the clinic that she couldn't agree with so she and the owner decided to part ways but still friends. I guessed that at the clinic they decided to use other products but WUV never said what the changes actually were.

ChaloJ 01-10-2014 02:43 AM

I'm back! I was not much of a poster, but I lost 120 pounds. Unfortunately, I never phased off, and I started to eat like I needed to gain another person. I now need to re-lose 60. Booo hiss!!!! I am on day 4; my first two days were bumpy, but I think I am back into getting the hang of it.

MustangMolly 01-10-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4915740)
No WUV is not working at the clinic anymore. While she was off having her surgery some changes were made at the clinic that she couldn't agree with so she and the owner decided to part ways but still friends. I guessed that at the clinic they decided to use other products but WUV never said what the changes actually were.

I hate to hear that, Wuv would make the best coach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaloJ (Post 4915762)
I'm back! I was not much of a poster, but I lost 120 pounds. Unfortunately, I never phased off, and I started to eat like I needed to gain another person. I now need to re-lose 60. Booo hiss!!!! I am on day 4; my first two days were bumpy, but I think I am back into getting the hang of it.

Welcome back Chalo!

carlasherea 01-10-2014 02:33 PM

I was a size 10 when I was 160. I'm pretty consistent top and bottom not skinny legged. It's a really great weight for me and when I get smaller like 150 people act like I have an eating disorder! Haha I'm almost 2 weeks in :) started working out this week so I can hardly move but it feels great!

Douger963 01-10-2014 04:21 PM

I'm back too. Starting in Jan. 2011 I lost 107lbs in eight months. I did pretty well for quite awhile, but started playing games with the food around.

Now I'm in day 5, Phase 1, already starting to see the scale go in the other direction, Thank God! But I have 70lbs to lose again. When I lost 100lbs in 2011, it was the 2nd time I did that in my life. I told myself, I don't have another one of those weight losses in me. Well, so now all I got is 70lbs to lose...but here we go and it's got to go! I'm definitely going to have to create a habit of exercise to help in maintenance.

darbs7 01-10-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaloJ (Post 4915762)
I'm back! I was not much of a poster, but I lost 120 pounds. Unfortunately, I never phased off, and I started to eat like I needed to gain another person. I now need to re-lose 60. Booo hiss!!!! I am on day 4; my first two days were bumpy, but I think I am back into getting the hang of it.

Sorry about the gain, but glad we are all here to support each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 4916198)
I was a size 10 when I was 160. I'm pretty consistent top and bottom not skinny legged. It's a really great weight for me and when I get smaller like 150 people act like I have an eating disorder! Haha I'm almost 2 weeks in :) started working out this week so I can hardly move but it feels great!


I know when I got to my low, my mom was like Tammy…125 is way too low for you, stop losing, you look sick. Same with hubby and friends and family…even some of my pictures look unhealthy…catch I was 165 (not 125 like most thought). That is my goal to get back there.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Douger963 (Post 4916246)
I'm back too. Starting in Jan. 2011 I lost 107lbs in eight months. I did pretty well for quite awhile, but started playing games with the food around.

Now I'm in day 5, Phase 1, already starting to see the scale go in the other direction, Thank God! But I have 70lbs to lose again. When I lost 100lbs in 2011, it was the 2nd time I did that in my life. I told myself, I don't have another one of those weight losses in me. Well, so now all I got is 70lbs to lose...but here we go and it's got to go! I'm definitely going to have to create a habit of exercise to help in maintenance.

I remember you…it is a tough road we travel. I have spent so many days on phase 1 during my 35 months in maintenance. I am constantly doing phase one and then before I know it…back up 10-15 again! Crazy. The longest I go without doing at least 2 weeks of phase one is about 10-12 weeks. I think this is forever!

carlasherea 01-10-2014 11:49 PM

Day 10 on my reboot and I really feel incredible. I love Ketosis :) Now its just a mental game and not a hunger game. So glad I have the support of others who have "been there and done that!" My new obsession is Hot Tea to help me get my water in. It's too freakin cold in Montana to drink just water :)

Going to a breakfast at my church tomorrow morning and have my game plan to take my shake and not eat any of the food there. Also, have an accountability partner with me doing the same thing so should be easier.

Good night all!

sandralosingweight 01-11-2014 08:25 AM

Hi everyone,

Almost 2 weeks since I re-started and minus 12 pounds already!

I have a very long way to go this time and I want to reach my goal weight.

patns 01-11-2014 10:41 PM

That is excellent Sandra! I am down a few pounds in a week. The thing for me while "maintaining" is how quickly I let the protein go down. That is the clue for me I think. Maintaining is not just about keeping the carbs done, I need to keep the protein up too. Also I need to get lots of fibre in, so really trying to get in the habit of lots of high fiber veggies this round too.

coffeebean 01-14-2014 05:11 PM

How are all of my rebooters doing? This is day 13 for me. I have managed to stay 100% OP. We can do this. Good luck.

carlasherea 01-14-2014 05:46 PM

I'm on day 14 and am seeing a difference in my body finally. That always makes it all worth it. I am working on being patient. I didn't gain it in 2 weeks so don't expect to lose it that quickly. Still committed, and going strong!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.