3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   ANY one here from 2010 or 2011? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291361-any-one-here-2010-2011-a.html)

wuv2bloved 01-14-2014 09:59 PM

WELL WELL.....I guess my ears were burning!!!...HELLOOOOOOOO everyone!!!...its great to see everyone

I am No longer at the clinic so I am no longer a coach. Changes were made when I was out for my tummy tuck and not for the good of me. My hours were cut from 40 to 16. She decided to keep the sub she hired while I was out on my 2 busy days and cut me down to ONLY (yes I said ONLY) 2 days. I couldn't survive on that, I ran the clinic ALONE from Feb to Oct, with very little help but this sub did an amazing job and she wanted to keep her so I gave my notice the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I turned my keys in on Dec 2 and have not returned to the clinic since. I still keep in contract with some of my people, of course they don't get the support they need to they still come to me for guidance. Y'all ALL know how I am and I will help everyone that ask for it.

BUT I am here and doing really well! I had my tummy tuck done Oct 24th where they removed 22lbs of excess SOLID skin and fat. My dr said I would of NEVER lost that. I am in a size 14/16 pant now and I in a large/x-large shirt. I am VERY happy with the outcome of my surgery. I did get an infection 5 weeks after the surgery so they reopened me and they infection is GONE. I am doing really really great. I am a full time cashier at Stein Mart and maintaining my weight.

I spend most of my time on Facebook with the Southern 3fc group but Looks like I will have to start checking in on here as well. My internet here sucks but I will do my best. Let's get this going like it USED to be!!!!

MustangMolly 01-15-2014 08:19 AM

Wuv, so great to hear from you! I am so sorry for what happened at your clinic. I was among those who just knew you would make a great coach and wish I lived I your area just for that reason. You look wonderful by the way.

Good morning to the other rebooters/restarters. This is the 3rd week of my restart and I am close to 12 pounds lost. Woo Hoo!!!!! I am setting smaller goals this time, lose 5 pounds, lose 10 pounds etc.... not lose 85 pounds. I am using alternatives this time and have been able to find products I enjoy that work for me. Good luck everyone, and have a happy day.

wuv2bloved 01-15-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4919919)
Wuv, so great to hear from you! I am so sorry for what happened at your clinic. I was among those who just knew you would make a great coach and wish I lived I your area just for that reason. You look wonderful by the way.

Good morning to the other rebooters/restarters. This is the 3rd week of my restart and I am close to 12 pounds lost. Woo Hoo!!!!! I am setting smaller goals this time, lose 5 pounds, lose 10 pounds etc.... not lose 85 pounds. I am using alternatives this time and have been able to find products I enjoy that work for me. Good luck everyone, and have a happy day.

Thanks so much, you know what they say, when one door closes another one opens so I am waiting to see what comes to me next. I haven't let that get me down though so its all good :)

Looks like you are doing an outstanding job with your weight loss, keep it up!! It WILL come off...just takes time and work but you already know that!

coffeebean 01-16-2014 07:40 AM

Good morning all. Starting week 3 of my reboot and feeling strong. I cannot believe how much better I feel without the carbs in my body. I have so much more energy. I am motivated to lose these excess pounds. My clothes are fitting a little tight.

coffeebean 01-16-2014 07:42 AM

Wuv you look great. You are a great motivator. Stop by this forum anytime to share your motivational tips with us.

MustangMolly 01-16-2014 08:44 AM

Good morning, how is everyone doing today? Trying to kick a nasty cold this week, at least some of my less tasty items aren't as noticeable because I can't taste anything right now! I'm noticing that my rings are fitting more loosely and that is a great NSV for me. Have a great day and hang tough on this journey of ours. We can do it, but it's easier to do it together!

wuv2bloved 01-16-2014 09:09 AM

I agree with Molly, together is soooooo much better than doing it alone! having buddies to share things, ideas and struggles with are great. You may be going through the same thing someone else is going through and they didn't even realize it until they read it here and say...ya know what? that is what I am doing or going through.

About your rings being too big....I had to take mine off because when I was bagging a customers stuff my mystic topaz came off in between the clothes. Thank goodness I noticed before they left, I would of been devastated if I would of lost it. The only ring I wear now is my mother's ring and that fits on my middle finger which used to be on my ring finger....lol...its NOT going anywhere that is for sure :)

sandralosingweight 01-16-2014 02:24 PM

OMG! Soooooo good to see you back here Lisa :) You look amazing!

Tigerlvr52 01-16-2014 05:04 PM

Its awesome seeing all the people who helped me on my journey when i first started... glad to see that it's ok to reboot.

Bellamack 01-16-2014 06:50 PM

Now it really feels like HOME, HELLO WUV! You do look amazining & I agree with Mustang Molly, you would be the best coach ever!

I love having you here, as you know I am a S_L_O_W loser and you just keep me going :)

Keep up the good work rebooters, I will check in tomorrow.

wuv2bloved 01-16-2014 08:55 PM

Yup, I am BACK!!...lol

coffeebean 01-17-2014 07:44 AM

Good morning. Went out with friends last night. Ordered chicken and it came with two sides. Asked if I could have 2 side salads as my sides. Enjoyed everyone's company and stayed on plan 100%. What I have learned from being on ideal protein since 2010 is that this is not a diet. We are changing the way we eat. We cannot go back to our old eating habits and keep the weight off.

amylew 01-17-2014 08:01 AM

I was here in 2010. Started at 176 in July 2010 and ended at 123 in December 2010. I've been up and down ever since, but really let myself go the last couple of months. So I'm back.

I hope I can stick to it like I did the last time.

wuv2bloved 01-17-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 4921485)
Good morning. Went out with friends last night. Ordered chicken and it came with two sides. Asked if I could have 2 side salads as my sides. Enjoyed everyone's company and stayed on plan 100%. What I have learned from being on ideal protein since 2010 is that this is not a diet. We are changing the way we eat. We cannot go back to our old eating habits and keep the weight off.

AGREED!! can't go back to eating the way we did before. MY BF always ask me where do I wanna go eat if we go out, I tell him where ever you wanna go because you know I always get the same thing so its whatever you are hungry for. HE STILL ask can you have this or that?? its been 6 months since we have been dating and he STILL DOESN'T GET IT!!...Of course he is a bean pole.....lol....he eats nothing but JUNK and drinks a TON of soda. I am trying to get him to switch to water but that isn't happening. He drinks as many glasses of coke as I do water when we go eat. I told him to STOP asking me what I can eat, to take care of himself.

Pamelama 01-17-2014 09:48 AM

Hi there! So good to see all these names and great pics! (I'm having trouble updating mine) :?:

I've been on maintenance for 18+ months. 1 mini reboot after a vacation. I'm back for a reboot to lose 8+lbs that crept on over November - December. In addition to the holidays, which weren't so bad, food wise, my husband was diagnosed with head and neck cancer (in the lymph nodes) early November. Had radical neck surgery. Now we're gearing up for chemo and radiation.:mad:

I felt myself slipping in to old stress eating habits.. new it was time for some structure. Have to take care of myself so I can take care of him and kids and business.

Really great to hear from you all. You definitely were such an integral part of my weight loss success!! Will be checking in daily. Love the motivation and support.

Have a good weekend.

Pam

Pamelama 01-17-2014 10:05 AM

Wuv

Wuv: That clinic owner lost an amazing coach. You inspired me on these boards with your journey 2 years ago. I've talked about you and your mindset with clients who are struggling with a lot of weight to lose. Your Thanksgiving post is a regular request at holiday time. If you lived in So. Calif, I'd hire you in a heartbeat!! :)

sandralosingweight 01-17-2014 03:24 PM

Hi,

I do remember you Pamelama, glad to see so many familiar faces :)

Wuv, I am so happy seeing you again in here, so now you're in maintenance? I mean you mentioned you can go to any restaurant, I'm not sure how this thing work, I only ever did Phase I, so I guess in Phase IV you can eat everything moderately? and glad to hear you have a BF :)

wuv2bloved 01-18-2014 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4921903)
Hi,

I do remember you Pamelama, glad to see so many familiar faces :)

Wuv, I am so happy seeing you again in here, so now you're in maintenance? I mean you mentioned you can go to any restaurant, I'm not sure how this thing work, I only ever did Phase I, so I guess in Phase IV you can eat everything moderately? and glad to hear you have a BF :)

Yup I am in Maintenance, when I go out to eat I eat my normal, steak and grilled veggies or a grilled chicken/steak salad. I have become used of eating this way so why change it? IF I am having my splurge day and we go out I will have baked potato but that doesn't happen to often. Over the last few months I haven't really "watched" what I ate and gained 6lbs. I would do fine for breakfast and lunch but dinner we at out a lot. Since I hadn't ate off of program for 2.5 years, I wanted to eat like a regular person. I can't do that, I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat no matter what. I started back in phase 1 Monday and I am down those 6lbs. It feels great to know that IF I do lose control I know how to overcome and get right back on to lose it.

I am not using IP products though, just to let you know because I can use alternative to keep me in check which is working for me. I still have a bar for breakfast with my 2 cups of coffee, a shake for lunch with 2 cups of veggies, 8oz of meat with 2 cups of veggies for supper and a shake at night. Its routine for me to eat this way now :)

I have added a picture my sister in law found of me from Christmas 2003, THIS REALLY shows how far I am come!!

wuv2bloved 01-19-2014 11:09 AM

Good morning y'all! we were on the SECOND page, what is up with that??? WE can't let that happen, we need to get it back on the first. We have to be active like we were before, remember we would check in EVERYDAY to stay accountable? let's do that again!!

coffeebean 01-19-2014 04:11 PM

I have learned that if you plan ahead this diet works. We helped move our daughter today . I knew lunch was going to be fast food so I took my lunch. I did not even think about eating one of my husband's French fries. I was happy eating what I brought and enjoying everyone's company. I do not think of IP as a diet but as the way I now eat. I feel so good with all the junk food out of my system. Day 17 of reboot and feeling good.

coffeebean 01-20-2014 05:46 AM

Happy IP Monday. I will be glad when Mr. Winter decides to leave so we can be more active. I think you think about food more when you are stuck in the house. Going to the gym today, IP is an interesting journey. We do not consume very many calories but I do not get hungry. When I am not on IP it seems like I am always eating something. I feel so much better and have a lot mire energy when I am 100% OP.

Nilouve 01-20-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4923177)
Good morning y'all! we were on the SECOND page, what is up with that??? WE can't let that happen, we need to get it back on the first. We have to be active like we were before, remember we would check in EVERYDAY to stay accountable? let's do that again!!

I also had to go looking for the thread I follow "Need a reboot/restart Jan 2014". I think what happened is that some of the people who were posting there split off to this thread when it was started. Since my first journey with IP took place in 2012 I didn't feel I should "butt in" and post on a thread that specifies 2010 or 2011 (although obviously, I've been lurking here :o I need all the motivation I can get!).

The daily thread also doesn't seem as busy as I remember it in 2012....maybe too many subject "specific" threads? Anyway, I read anything that might inspire me.:D

And Wuv, it's so good to see you here again. You are such a mentor to so many of us, I totally agree that the clinic where you were lost an absolutely amazing coach!!

wuv2bloved 01-20-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilouve (Post 4923745)
I also had to go looking for the thread I follow "Need a reboot/restart Jan 2014". I think what happened is that some of the people who were posting there split off to this thread when it was started. Since my first journey with IP took place in 2012 I didn't feel I should "butt in" and post on a thread that specifies 2010 or 2011 (although obviously, I've been lurking here :o I need all the motivation I can get!).

The daily thread also doesn't seem as busy as I remember it in 2012....maybe too many subject "specific" threads? Anyway, I read anything that might inspire me.:D

And Wuv, it's so good to see you here again. You are such a mentor to so many of us, I totally agree that the clinic where you were lost an absolutely amazing coach!!

This is why I came back, I stayed away for awhile because I was working 2 jobs and really had a lot going on. Now I only have one job but lately I have been working just as many hours. I want this thread to be as active as it was back then or do y'all wanna start a different one with a different subject? I am game for whichever!!....I want everyone to have success :hug:

MustangMolly 01-20-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4923868)
This is why I came back, I stayed away for awhile because I was working 2 jobs and really had a lot going on. Now I only have one job but lately I have been working just as many hours. I want this thread to be as active as it was back then or do y'all wanna start a different one with a different subject? I am game for whichever!!....I want everyone to have success :hug:

Agreed, let's keep this thread going and active! I have been back on plan for 3 weeks now and have lots 12 pounds. :carrot: My goal was to average 3 pounds a week so I am ahead of the game. Of course I know the first pounds come off faster and I won't be slacking off. I have a new swimsuit to get into by May when I take my mom to Jamaica to celebrate her 70th birthday! Hang tough rebooters, we can do this!

Busymomx4 01-20-2014 12:29 PM

I'm still around too! So many names I recognize!

Been in maintenance for about 1½ year...doing a bit of a reboot as i'm a few lbs over goal and really would like to lose a bit more. Doing it with alternatives (waiting for some protein powder i ordered from costco).

This is like seeing an old friend, totally put a smile on my face :D

Bellamack 01-20-2014 12:54 PM

Hello Rebooters! Busymom you look wonderful. Wuv, stay on here, thats an order! You are such an inspiration and know the answer to every single challenge that comes along. Friday the 24th is my 3 week reboot, hoping for a good number this week.

Appointment with the allergy doctor this afternoon, I have been getting shots weekly for about 6 months, honestly I can't tell a difference, hubby says I am better. lol. I have a miserable sinus headache right now, it is also snowing and cold. boooooo.

Have a great day, will check in tonight :)

sandralosingweight 01-20-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4924006)
I'm still around too! So many names I recognize!

Been in maintenance for about 1½ year...doing a bit of a reboot as i'm a few lbs over goal and really would like to lose a bit more. Doing it with alternatives (waiting for some protein powder i ordered from costco).

This is like seeing an old friend, totally put a smile on my face :D

Hey :))! I miss you! How are you doing?! :hug:

3rd week for me and -13 pounds! I know I could have done better, and I'd better be 100% OP but for now, I am happy with my progress.

Busymomx4 01-20-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4924046)
Hey :))! I miss you! How are you doing?! :hug:

3rd week for me and -13 pounds! I know I could have done better, and I'd better be 100% OP but for now, I am happy with my progress.

Congrats on your loss, that's awsome! We have to get together again soon!

Doing ok. Busy busy as always, lol. Coming up on a year since my fleur de lys tummy tuck....not as tight as i was hoping to be in the upper tummy but i guess they can only tighten it so much vertically, but much better than before regardless.

How are you?

sandralosingweight 01-20-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4924052)
Congrats on your loss, that's awsome! We have to get together again soon!

Doing ok. Busy busy as always, lol. Coming up on a year since my fleur de lys tummy tuck....not as tight as i was hoping to be in the upper tummy but i guess they can only tighten it so much vertically, but much better than before regardless.

How are you?

Doing good, trying to be as healthy as I can be! No baby yet! Hopefully soon.

MustangMolly 01-20-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4924046)

Alright Sandra, don't make us get Wuv after you! ;) 13 pounds in three weeks is great! Keep up the good work!

sandralosingweight 01-20-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4924080)
Alright Sandra, don't make us get Wuv after you! ;) 13 pounds in three weeks is great! Keep up the good work!

LOL :) Wuv would be after me if I used the word "only", but the thing that I should focus on is being 100% OP like I did the first time, it's something I never ever got to do after my re-starts, I would say I'm 90-95% nowadays.

When I get hungry a lot, I try to add something low carb, like a hard boiled egg, but I do sometimes allow myself to eat a piece of cheese which I am not supposed to, or to make my mashed cauliflowers with a bit of real butter, and to make my cauliflower salad using real low-fat mayo mixed to the walden farm one and my greatest downfall are nuts! They drive me nuts (hahaha, so lame). So you know, I'm doing those small slip-ups that I would really like to stop, but for now, this is what is keeping me sane, and I will try harder and harder until I get it right.

MustangMolly 01-20-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4924085)
LOL :) Wuv would be after me if I used the word "only", but the thing that I should focus on is being 100% OP like I did the first time, it's something I never ever got to do after my re-starts, I would say I'm 90-95% nowadays.

When I get hungry a lot, I try to add something low carb, like a hard boiled egg, but I do sometimes allow myself to eat a piece of cheese which I am not supposed to, or to make my mashed cauliflowers with a bit of real butter, and to make my cauliflower salad using real low-fat mayo mixed to the walden farm one and my greatest downfall are nuts! They drive me nuts (hahaha, so lame). So you know, I'm doing those small slip-ups that I would really like to stop, but for now, this is what is keeping me sane, and I will try harder and harder until I get it right.

You're right about Wuv and the word "only". LOL, I understand what you are saying about getting to 100% OP but keeping sane and being 90-95% is better than falling off the wagon all together and giving up on yourself. I think part of this plan is learning to make better "bad" choices and it sounds like you have a handle on that. Not that we should do that on a regular basis, but at some point when we are on maintenance we will be faced with many more choices than we are right now. Hang in there, we can all do this together.

wuv2bloved 01-20-2014 07:54 PM

Y'all are FUNNY!!!....lol....this program TEACHES you how to eat using product BUT it also teaches you what you can eat when you don't have the products in your life anymore. Staying away from the carbs and sugar is the most important thing. Be aware of the choices you make, read your labels, know what you are eating.

BTW, no more BF....haha.....Look out, I am a new me and not taking no Sh*t!...its ALL about ME now! I am a new person, inside and out, I know what I want and I am NOT settling or raising another child!

patns 01-20-2014 09:25 PM

Hello everyone, I'm not exactly doing IP but trying to get 15 pounds back off. But I will check-in here still. Sandra, nuts are a downfall of mine. I guess it is because I have it in my head they are a healthy food. But the carbs really add up fast with them. I do best when there are none in the house.

I hope this thread keeps going. I know it said certain years but that really doesn't matter.

Pat

wuv2bloved 01-20-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4924491)
Hello everyone, I'm not exactly doing IP but trying to get 15 pounds back off. But I will check-in here still. Sandra, nuts are a downfall of mine. I guess it is because I have it in my head they are a healthy food. But the carbs really add up fast with them. I do best when there are none in the house.

I hope this thread keeps going. I know it said certain years but that really doesn't matter.

Pat

They are really high in fat as well!

coffeebean 01-21-2014 07:43 AM

Good Morning All. Day 20 of my reboot and so happy that I am staying 100%. With winter weather it is hard to be in the house all the time but if I were not on IP I would be adding weight to my body by eating junk. Just think when spring comes we will be able to buy cute spring clothes or get back into the smaller size in our closet. It is so worth it. It is not a diet but a new way of eating.

MustangMolly 01-21-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4924430)

BTW, no more BF....haha.....Look out, I am a new me and not taking no Sh*t!...its ALL about ME now! I am a new person, inside and out, I know what I want and I am NOT settling or raising another child!

Nothing like a strong, confidant woman to help keep us all motivated and inspired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 4924711)
Good Morning All. Day 20 of my reboot and so happy that I am staying 100%. With winter weather it is hard to be in the house all the time but if I were not on IP I would be adding weight to my body by eating junk. Just think when spring comes we will be able to buy cute spring clothes or get back into the smaller size in our closet. It is so worth it. It is not a diet but a new way of eating.

You are right bean, it is a new way of eating.

Have a great day everyone!

darbs7 01-21-2014 10:49 AM

Here I started the thread and then became silent. I am in a state of confusion right now. after 35 months in maintenance…I am up about 13 pounds right now. I just can't stick to phase one for more the 8-10 days. I am so mad at myself. I really don't like this weight because even at my goal weight (13 pounds less…I should be another 10 less than that for healthy BMI).

I need to get a grip. I am doing a modified phase one until I can get a hold of myself mentally. I guess this is an excuse, but my only daughter/child (they live with us) has a newborn (3 months old) and her husband left and became obsessive to an almost violent level and we are in the middle of a heated custody battle and I can barely sleep I am sick about it.

wuv2bloved 01-21-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4924881)
Here I started the thread and then became silent. I am in a state of confusion right now. after 35 months in maintenance…I am up about 13 pounds right now. I just can't stick to phase one for more the 8-10 days. I am so mad at myself. I really don't like this weight because even at my goal weight (13 pounds less…I should be another 10 less than that for healthy BMI).

I need to get a grip. I am doing a modified phase one until I can get a hold of myself mentally. I guess this is an excuse, but my only daughter/child (they live with us) has a newborn (3 months old) and her husband left and became obsessive to an almost violent level and we are in the middle of a heated custody battle and I can barely sleep I am sick about it.

oh no sorry to hear about everything you are going through with your daughter. Make the best decisions you can when it comes to food. You know how to do this!! Stress could be causing the weight to stay on as well, you never know. Try to figure out why you only can stay on phase one for 8-10 days, what is your trigger? Don't beat yourself up, just try to stay away from those nasty carbs!!!

coffeebean 01-21-2014 03:28 PM

Hi Darbs
Stress is not good when you are dieting. You need to be strong and healthy for your daughter and grand daughter. You can do this, you did it before. You need to have a talk with yourself and get back on plan.