3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   ANY one here from 2010 or 2011? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291361-any-one-here-2010-2011-a.html)

MustangMolly 02-06-2014 11:45 AM

Good morning, where are all the 2010-2011 peeps lately? I was never the biggest fish fan before IP but now I have really come to like Mahi Mahi. Last night I had baked Mahi Mahi with oven roasted asparagus and mushrooms. It was so good I wanted to cook the same thing for supper tonight!

Stay warm everyone and stay strong.

carlasherea 02-06-2014 12:47 PM

Finally had a breakthrough and lost 3 lbs this week. So hard to keep going when you don't see a lot of movement on the scale. I depended on the inches I can tell I'm losing and it finally paid off this week. Dropped into the next 10 lbs :)

BTW, it was -20 below this morning with -48 wind chill and all the kids are still in school and everyone is at work! Nothing shuts down in Montana, but I sure am longing for spring and can't wait to take a walk outside :(

MustangMolly 02-06-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 4937788)
Finally had a breakthrough and lost 3 lbs this week. So hard to keep going when you don't see a lot of movement on the scale. I depended on the inches I can tell I'm losing and it finally paid off this week. Dropped into the next 10 lbs :)

BTW, it was -20 below this morning with -48 wind chill and all the kids are still in school and everyone is at work! Nothing shuts down in Montana, but I sure am longing for spring and can't wait to take a walk outside :(

:carrot: Congrats!!!! You are so right about the scale, I wish I could throw mine away and just depend upon the inches. It is nice to see that number go lower and lower. Stay warm!

coffeebean 02-09-2014 07:34 AM

I had to look on page 3 for this forum. I gave been on vacation and now ready to finish my weight loss journey. Another snowy day.

MustangMolly 02-10-2014 08:05 AM

Good morning everyone, trying to keep warm here in TN. Welcome back from vacation Bean hope you were somewhere warm!

carlasherea 02-10-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 4939672)
I had to look on page 3 for this forum. I gave been on vacation and now ready to finish my weight loss journey. Another snowy day.

You can subscribe to this thread and then it's easy to find ;)

MustangMolly 02-13-2014 04:46 PM

bump

TatiN 02-14-2014 11:25 AM

I was around in Spring of 2011! I lost about 45 lbs, was half way to goal, and never cheated. I went out of town and went off program started working a second job and started school again. I maintained for a while and then gained it all back and plus some! I've started and stopped the program a few times since, but never staying on more than a few weeks. I have a really hard time staying away from dairy (cheese and sour cream) and nuts now. I started again last night and I'm doing it this time for good. I think of all the time that has passed and I don't want another 3 years to go by the same way. I work nights now, so that is a challenge I didn't face before. I'm hoping I will stick with it and make it a priority. It's nice to see some familiar names, even though I wasn't a very active poster, I did read every day.

Lorette 02-14-2014 04:35 PM

Hi All!
I was here in 2011, lost 55 lbs (1/2 my goal) and let all the positive remarks from friends and loved ones go to my head and gained most of it back so am here to reboot as well - started this past Monday actually and am feeling much better already! This time I will get AND stay there!
Happy Valentine's to all - hope you have your best OP weekend yet!
Lorette

Bellamack 02-14-2014 06:59 PM

Hi TatiN & Lorett!

I also lost in 2011 and have gained it all back. I rebooted in January, my losses are slow, but I will take them. I have bloodwork in April and I think my thyroid med may need a bump. Losing slower is better for sagging skin, at least that is what I am telling myself, so that I won't get discouraged. lol

I try to read at least daily or every other day, so I am here :)

ChaloJ 02-15-2014 12:32 AM

Hi friends!

Glad to see a few more people posting on this thread. Welcome back!

I am really loving eggplant dip on my roasted chicken these days. Also, after I roast my chickens (I always cook 3), I pick them clean, throw them in the pot overnight with water with celery and parsley and onion and juice of half a lemon. Next day, I chill the broth and skim the fat. Then I make a soup with jalapenos, green chilis, and kale. Oh my, it is the best soup!!!!

What are you enjoying lately?

MustangMolly 02-17-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaloJ (Post 4944221)
Hi friends!

Glad to see a few more people posting on this thread. Welcome back!

I am really loving eggplant dip on my roasted chicken these days. Also, after I roast my chickens (I always cook 3), I pick them clean, throw them in the pot overnight with water with celery and parsley and onion and juice of half a lemon. Next day, I chill the broth and skim the fat. Then I make a soup with jalapenos, green chilis, and kale. Oh my, it is the best soup!!!!

What are you enjoying lately?

Oooh Chalo, that soup sounds really great. Would you please share your eggplant dip recipe?

ChaloJ 02-18-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4945466)
Oooh Chalo, that soup sounds really great. Would you please share your eggplant dip recipe?

Sure, Molly!

I just throw a whole eggplant on a cookie sheet, plop it in the oven and cook at 350 degrees. Maybe 400 if I am feeling rushed. I am so sorry I don't have exact minutes, but as you can see, I am rather a slipshod cook! I cook it long enough that the whole thing is rather collapsed looking. Then I take it out and peel off the skin. Sometimes I am smart enough to use a fork so I don't burn my fingers. Then I put the insides in my magic bullet with a splash of olive oil, a clove of garlic and tons of salt. Your IP conscience may let you put in a teaspoon of tahini, but I am out right now and it is expensive. I also squeeze about a quarter of a lemon into the mix. Then blend It is so delicious! I am sure it's also great with cumin or curry or a variety of spices. I think it's best chilled. Kind of hits the guacamole spot for me. Or gravy. Depends on how I spice it.

TwoTots 02-18-2014 02:27 AM

Thank you for the recipe. I remember reading this somewhere last week so I bought an aubergine this weekend. Eggplant is an aubergine, am I right? I'm going to try this dip later. Yum. It's day 2 for me. i was around on the boards briefly two years ago. trying IP again.

lisa32989 02-18-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaloJ (Post 4946020)
Sure, Molly!

I just throw a whole eggplant on a cookie sheet, plop it in the oven and cook at 350 degrees. Maybe 400 if I am feeling rushed. I am so sorry I don't have exact minutes, but as you can see, I am rather a slipshod cook! I cook it long enough that the whole thing is rather collapsed looking. Then I take it out and peel off the skin. Sometimes I am smart enough to use a fork so I don't burn my fingers. Then I put the insides in my magic bullet with a splash of olive oil, a clove of garlic and tons of salt. Your IP conscience may let you put in a teaspoon of tahini, but I am out right now and it is expensive. I also squeeze about a quarter of a lemon into the mix. Then blend It is so delicious! I am sure it's also great with cumin or curry or a variety of spices. I think it's best chilled. Kind of hits the guacamole spot for me. Or gravy. Depends on how I spice it.

IP baba ganoush! Yum!
Occasionally, since eggplant is an occasional veg.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.