IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 2 of 15
Go to
  • I didn't have a chance to check out post over the weekend as I was busy getting ready for the upcoming semester and then when I signed on a bit ago to see what I had missed the thread had closed! I almost had a panic attack!!!
    My headaches are gone, which is a real blessing. I've been a bit dizzy and such but have survived. The worst has been the temptation to cheat. I really struggled both Saturday and Sunday evening to not give in. The temptation was so strong that it was scary. If I can't do this for a week how in the world will I manage to see this through? I didn't cheat and I weigh in at home tomorrow and then at the clinic on Friday. I hope the scale shows good results but I am truly thankful that I somehow found the fortitude to walk away from temptation. That is a victory in and of itself. I want you each to know that you had a part in that victory. Your words of welcome and encouragement last week ran through my mind as I contemplated giving up. Your voices were louder than the voice of temptation. It is indeed a privilege to be part of your group.
  • Quote: A lady at work (who is a few tomatoes short of a thick sauce)

As for what she said

Quote: Ok my multi vitamins are out and the bottle went out in the recycling , so I did not even think to look at "stats" on the label to find one close from CVS or some place like that

What non-ip vits. are you using for those on ALts. or a combo ? I need some and will go out maybe Friday for some - right now it is too cold to go anywhere for anything LOL/
    I'm just using Centrum. I think any good quality multi will do.
    I order mine from Vitacost, along with many other supplements we use.
    The separate magnesium and potassium are SUPER important!

Quote: I got up this morning and finally started my gym routine in the morning. I burned 470 calories and now to stay OP today and no cheating...Yesterday was bad for me and I vow to stay OP now until April 1st and see what happens.
    I learned to stay OP is more than a vow. It takes me careful planning.
    Do you have all your meals planned for the week (or at least the next few days?) It is so much easier to stay OP when everything is planned and prepared in advance.
    My veggies are purchased and prepped. There are "spares" in the freezer.

When I'm cleaning up from dinner tonite, tomorrow's plan will be reviewed, in case there is anything I need to buy. That way I'm stopping at the grocery as a routine, not as a last-ditch effort. I usually have a snack before I go.

Today I'm making beanless chili from veggies purchased prior to the storm, meat from the freezer, and tomatoes I canned in the Fall (acutally meant to make it yesterday but was still feeling crappy).

After dinner, DH and I will review what we want for dinner tomorrow nite & I'll plan out/prepare my breakfast, lunch, & snack. I'm always looking "ahead" in the refrigerator so I don't get caught without items I might need. I find I'm at the grocery store much more often on IP, mostly because I prefer to purchase more fresh veggies than frozen. DH went to the conventional grocery store the other day & I'll follow up with a trip to whole foods. I sure miss the Farmer's Markets (and my garden) in the winter!
  • Way to go, Valentine! The initial stages aren't easy. Kudos for white knuckling through the tough times (which, thankfully, will become less frequent over time- so you have that to look forward to!)
  • Valentine: Way to go! Check out the recipe threads (links in the first post of this thread). I don't think I could have ever done IP without them.
  • Hey everyone. Today is my 6th day on IP and I have to say I feel great. I'll admit that the first few days I had very sore muscles but that has subsided. I'm down 7 lbs already and feeling amazing but I'm also mentally preparing myself for weeks where I don't lose as much. Wishing a successful journey to all!
  • Wstarkes, this is my 6th day too! Welcome
  • Just back from the doctor's where I checked in to see the results of my annual blood work (which the doctor invited me to do subsequent to my weight loss).

Results -- his words--: 'These are spectacular!'

He said there is skepticism about protein diets because of old beliefs that they contribute to high cholesterol and poor kidney function (kidneys can't flush out uric acids that are thought to build up in protein diets.)

I pointed out that Ideal Protein is not a high protein diet but instead a moderate protein diet.

He replied, 'I don't know if I can say strongly enough how grateful you should be for what you have done for yourself. At 51 with these readings, it is a predictor of very good health ahead.'

I replied, 'that I am so grateful for the programme. I now look at my weight as a chronic condition that is going to need lifetime management. I am so happy I have found a way that really works!'

Just wanted to share.... Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates it on the Julian calendar!

The cold snap has finally broken here and it seems utterly balmy out at -21 C!!!
  • Hi everyone!

Just a quick pop-in - busy, busy, busy at work today - but I went for my WI at lunch today and despite being on P3 and really enjoying the "big breakfast", I still managed to lose 1.4lbs and 2"!! Yay!!

Jo
  • Quote: Just back from the doctor's where I checked in to see the results of my annual blood work (which the doctor invited me to do subsequent to my weight loss).

He said there is skepticism about protein diets because of old beliefs that they contribute to high cholesterol and poor kidney function (kidneys can't flush out uric acids that are thought to build up in protein diets.)

I pointed out that Ideal Protein is not a high protein diet but instead a moderate protein diet.

He replied, 'I don't know if I can say strongly enough how grateful you should be for what you have done for yourself. At 51 with these readings, it is a predictor of very good health ahead.'

I replied, 'that I am so grateful for the programme. I now look at my weight as a chronic condition that is going to need lifetime management. I am so happy I have found a way that really works!'
    The highlighted words are the ones I also use, almost verbatim.
    I say I have the disease of obesity and it requires constant management.
    So much better way of looking at maintenance than, "Wow, I'm done losing weight. I can finally eat (fill in the blank) again"
  • Dak1lls - if you are here - this made me smile! I was just on the recipe thread looking for new goodies to try. Came across this post from you dated from last May. Knowing your incredible success on this program, and that you are now on maintenance - this was so fantastic to read!

I am day 3 on IP and these recipes are so appreciated. Unfortunately, my clinic only sells whole boxes of food so it will take me some time to accumulate the ngredients. At least knowing i can do this long term helps my frame of mind. I am down 5 lbs today! So excited!
  • Quote: Just back from the doctor's where I checked in to see the results of my annual blood work (which the doctor invited me to do subsequent to my weight loss).

Just wanted to share.... Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates it on the Julian calendar!

The cold snap has finally broken here and it seems utterly balmy out at -21 C!!!

Whooop-dee-dooo...The Happy Dance for YOU!!
  • Hello and Happy BRRRRRRRRRthday to me! I am well into ketosis and my appetite is diminshed, yeah! WI is friday for me, thank heavens I can stay inside today
  • Still feeling a little "off" today. My stomach has been "gurgling", I feel bloated and maybe a little constipated. I've gone a little, but not normal. (sorry if TMI), I just could use some advice. My first week was great (other than leg cramps) but this week doesn't feel as good. I know I haven't lost much at all, my tummy is feeling weird, I'm not "regular". My cycles are always off and on, so I have no idea if it's the TOM. I'm drinking tons of water, eating 100% OP. I've felt a little hungry yesterday and today, which I didn't my first week at all. I want to keep pushing on and want this to work. Just don't like how my stomach is feeling right now. Any thoughts or tips?

On the plus side, I just met a friend at Starbucks and actually didn't have anything. She got a coffee and pastry and I was completely content to just enjoy the conversation. Usually, I would've had a Venti skinny vanilla latte and a muffin or something like that. This time, I had breakfast before I went and was just fine. I can be social without food.
  • Hi ya'll. I'm venturing into this thread for the first time. I've been on IP for almost 8 weeks and have seen great progress. (I'm so proud of myself!)

Three days ago, I discovered cauliflower rice and it was a profound experience! Haha. I've eaten so much squash and zuchinni that I feel like I'm about to overdose on it. I've been browsing the threads this morning looking for ways to combine it.....lots of good ideas out there.

I've also not been to my coach in three weeks, due to the holidays and some weird weather issues here, but mostly because I feel like I have such a good handle on the protocol and I'm ordering foods from NN. I've still purchased food from her as well and sent her notes with my orders saying that I was still on the program and losing. But I wonder, as I can see my goal in site, if I will need her advice for the next phases. I'm not a big one-on-one coaching/cheerleading/motivation seeker. I tend to get more committed if I research and engage online because I can choose the time of day and the people from whom I receive motivation.

Have ya'll seen people do the program without a coach and successfully navigate Phases 2 - 4?
  • Quote: I now look at my weight as a chronic condition that is going to need lifetime management. I am so happy I have found a way that really works!'
    I LOVE THIS.