IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 15 of 15
Go to
  • I was about 160 lbs in high school so I'm smaller now at a higher weight. Excited to see what I will be at 150lbs!
  • I was able to pull of my size 16 jeans I'd bought on Black Friday without unzipping them. I think I might be back in size 14's...it's been a couple of years since I've been that size. Going to get a couple more cheap pairs tomorrow. Can't wait to get thin/hit my happy & healthy weight, so that I can buy nice, designer jeans! I've been too big for them ever since I could afford them.
  • Happy Friday, everyone! I had a rockin day! I am feeling won-der-ful!

I have a few questions for anyone who can help me understand. I am a bit confused as far as a few things go.

1. Why is it that on IP we are not able to have more fat? I didn't think that fat could take you out of ketosis. My understanding is that being in ketosis is what burns fat so quickly while on IP. Am I mistaken? I realized today that I accidentally used too much oil and was a bit upset, but then wondered if it would truly hinder my loss.

2. I'm confused about the sugar.....many of the foods have grams of sugar on the nutritional label, but no sugar in the ingredients list (only sweetners). Being that these items DO have grams of sugar, how does that affect the body different than an item with the same amount of sugars, but where the ingredient list says sugar? I know the IP plan is clear about staying away from sugar, but I keep getting confused when the food labels have sugar grams.

Thanks for helping me understand!

I'm SO happy it's Friday. I'm also thrilled tomorrow marks my first week on this journey! It hasn't been bad at all and, surprisingly, I haven't had any intense cravings. My weight has been stuck at the same place for 4 days now though and it's been a little frustrating. However, I did lose almost 8 pounds the first 3 days, so I will still have a good loss for the first week even if I don't lose tomorrow.

I got my Nashua order in last night and here are my current reviews:

Protidiet bbq soy nuts - good, but I can't eat them because they are so dry. I feel like i'm eating sand. If anyone would like to trade something for the rest of my box, please let me know!

protidiet chicken noodle soup - not my favorite. Odd flavor.

Chocomint pudding - good flavor but bad texture. Was a little offputting.

Protidiet peanut surprise bar - REALLY good. Tasted like a peanut butter rice crispy treat. Yum!

Protidiet cheerio-like cereal - this was a good snack!

Still to taste...... salt and vinegar/bbq protein chips; cheesecake pudding; chili, maple oatmeal, pancakes

Question about the oatmeal and pancakes (protidiet versions) - when I look at the stats, they both appear to be unrestricted. However, the IP instructional sheet says that all oatmeals and pancakes are restricted. Which should I go by? Thanks!
  • Quote: I was able to pull of my size 16 jeans I'd bought on Black Friday without unzipping them. I think I might be back in size 14's...it's been a couple of years since I've been that size. Going to get a couple more cheap pairs tomorrow. Can't wait to get thin/hit my happy & healthy weight, so that I can buy nice, designer jeans! I've been too big for them ever since I could afford them.
    Congrats!!! That is amazing! I've always been about a 16 and then I had my daughter and was up to a size 20. I'm in a 16/18 now but can't even remember the last time I fit into 14s. How exciting for you. Keep up the good work!